geforce 8200 / raid driver question
Hi, I have recently bought a ASUS M3N78 mainboard with the geforce 8200 chipset.
If I use my sata disks in ther normal sata mide (ide I think) they all work fine. however - not surprisingly - when I switch my mobo to use the SATA in raid mode the system BSOD's on boot.

Is there any way to implant the raid drivers to the XP system without reinstalling everything so I can boot ???

thanks for your help
Hi, I have recently bought a ASUS M3N78 mainboard with the geforce 8200 chipset.

If I use my sata disks in ther normal sata mide (ide I think) they all work fine. however - not surprisingly - when I switch my mobo to use the SATA in raid mode the system BSOD's on boot.

Is there any way to implant the raid drivers to the XP system without reinstalling everything so I can boot ???

thanks for your help

Posted 02/24/2009 10:47 AM   
[quote name='Rosdol' post='509870' date='Feb 24 2009, 05:47 AM']Hi, I have recently bought a ASUS M3N78 mainboard with the geforce 8200 chipset.

thanks for your help[/quote]
GeForce 8200 is not a truly hardware RAID controller, which means that Windows needs additional drivers to recognize it. To install those drivers you have to download them from nVidia site (make sure package includes Media Shield, otherwise it will only contain video drivers). Then you can save it to USB stick and press F6 during windows installation. That will give you ability to install those additional drivers (you will have to browse your USB stick and install two or three of them, everything that is remotely relevant to RAID). I do not know whether it is possible to do it without re-installation.
[quote name='Rosdol' post='509870' date='Feb 24 2009, 05:47 AM']Hi, I have recently bought a ASUS M3N78 mainboard with the geforce 8200 chipset.

thanks for your help

GeForce 8200 is not a truly hardware RAID controller, which means that Windows needs additional drivers to recognize it. To install those drivers you have to download them from nVidia site (make sure package includes Media Shield, otherwise it will only contain video drivers). Then you can save it to USB stick and press F6 during windows installation. That will give you ability to install those additional drivers (you will have to browse your USB stick and install two or three of them, everything that is remotely relevant to RAID). I do not know whether it is possible to do it without re-installation.

Posted 02/26/2009 01:01 AM   
[quote name='Surg' post='510630' date='Feb 26 2009, 02:01 AM']GeForce 8200 is not a truly hardware RAID controller, which means that Windows needs additional drivers to recognize it. To install those drivers you have to download them from nVidia site (make sure package includes Media Shield, otherwise it will only contain video drivers). Then you can save it to USB stick and press F6 during windows installation. That will give you ability to install those additional drivers (you will have to browse your USB stick and install two or three of them, everything that is remotely relevant to RAID). I do not know whether it is possible to do it without re-installation.[/quote]

Surg, but this was precisely the question. How can I do that to an installed system runing already on this hardware, albeit in ide mode. I know this f6 thingi....

Erik
[quote name='Surg' post='510630' date='Feb 26 2009, 02:01 AM']GeForce 8200 is not a truly hardware RAID controller, which means that Windows needs additional drivers to recognize it. To install those drivers you have to download them from nVidia site (make sure package includes Media Shield, otherwise it will only contain video drivers). Then you can save it to USB stick and press F6 during windows installation. That will give you ability to install those additional drivers (you will have to browse your USB stick and install two or three of them, everything that is remotely relevant to RAID). I do not know whether it is possible to do it without re-installation.

Surg, but this was precisely the question. How can I do that to an installed system runing already on this hardware, albeit in ide mode. I know this f6 thingi....

Erik

Posted 02/26/2009 08:42 AM   
Scroll To Top