Adjust Screen Size and Position vs. Resize HDTV Desktop
I would like to know why the Adjust Screen Size and Position settings in [b]N[/b]vidia [b]C[/b]ontrol [b]P[/b]anel are not available and unaccessible or do not become available when my display is processed through an HDMI to DVI cable hookup?

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/lhaas9941/nvidia%20position%20size.JPG[/img]

This extremely useful feature only activates when the NCP detects an s-video or standard yellow composite cable setup. Why is that? Why isn't this settings option available through a normal LCD HDTV hookup?

The Resize HDTV Desktop feature in NCP (detected automatically in HDMI to DVI) doesn't work right and hasn't worked out at all in my situation - referring to previous thread:
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=89603"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=89603[/url]
I would like to know why the Adjust Screen Size and Position settings in Nvidia Control Panel are not available and unaccessible or do not become available when my display is processed through an HDMI to DVI cable hookup?

This extremely useful feature only activates when the NCP detects an s-video or standard yellow composite cable setup. Why is that? Why isn't this settings option available through a normal LCD HDTV hookup?

The Resize HDTV Desktop feature in NCP (detected automatically in HDMI to DVI) doesn't work right and hasn't worked out at all in my situation - referring to previous thread:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=89603

Posted 02/17/2009 01:01 AM   
I have a similar problem on my (brand new) Samsung R610 / Vista / NVIDIA GeForce Go 9.200 M GS
The screen on my Panasonic HDTV is oversized and I want to change it, but the option to adjust the size of HDTV desktop is NOT available in the configuration panel .......... Also the options to change the HD format and to change the digital colors are not available.
What to do? I have read about a workaround, but I'm not sure if it's working for the GeForece 9200.
Any help is welcome.

TBTBTB
The Netherlands
I have a similar problem on my (brand new) Samsung R610 / Vista / NVIDIA GeForce Go 9.200 M GS

The screen on my Panasonic HDTV is oversized and I want to change it, but the option to adjust the size of HDTV desktop is NOT available in the configuration panel .......... Also the options to change the HD format and to change the digital colors are not available.

What to do? I have read about a workaround, but I'm not sure if it's working for the GeForece 9200.

Any help is welcome.

TBTBTB

The Netherlands

Posted 02/25/2009 02:06 PM   
I've got the same problem, although I didn't know that it was only an option for S-Video or standard composite.
My old computer with a five year old ATI card had no problem doing this. What's up guys? You have to have a solution for this. I refuse to believe that I've just coughed up over $200 for a card that can't handle screen position.
I've got the same problem, although I didn't know that it was only an option for S-Video or standard composite.

My old computer with a five year old ATI card had no problem doing this. What's up guys? You have to have a solution for this. I refuse to believe that I've just coughed up over $200 for a card that can't handle screen position.

Posted 02/26/2009 01:02 AM   
I'm having the same issue with my 8600 gt connected with HDMI to a pioneer reciever and then on to a display.
I have lost the ability to adjust for the image to the center of the diplay, with the latest drivers I can adujst the size but this doesn't help with the center, leaving blank boarders on the side and bottom of the display.
When connected directly to the display, the display or video card compensate on there owen.

Is it possable to get the full manual image adjustments added back into the driver software please.
I'm having the same issue with my 8600 gt connected with HDMI to a pioneer reciever and then on to a display.

I have lost the ability to adjust for the image to the center of the diplay, with the latest drivers I can adujst the size but this doesn't help with the center, leaving blank boarders on the side and bottom of the display.

When connected directly to the display, the display or video card compensate on there owen.

Is it possable to get the full manual image adjustments added back into the driver software please.

Posted 02/08/2010 06:39 PM   
[quote name='dag-dabreemie' date='17 February 2009 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1234832486' post='506699']
I would like to know why the Adjust Screen Size and Position settings in [b]N[/b]vidia [b]C[/b]ontrol [b]P[/b]anel are not available and unaccessible or do not become available when my display is processed through an HDMI to DVI cable hookup?

[img]http://webpages.charter.net/lhaas9941/nvidia%20position%20size.JPG[/img]

[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=89603"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=89603[/url]
[/quote]

I had a similar problem. My computer is old and running XP. Was feeding a TV (see below) with a simple Y connector that was sucked down in brightness when both monitor and TV were connected. When I bought a 16:9 monitor found it was limited by the on-board graphics to 4:3. Went out and bought a GV-N62-512L card, 2 ports, VGA & DVI with a dongle to make both VGA because I was tired of seeing YouTube on my Panasonic P42X20Z with grey side-bars in 4:3 as well. Had a lot of trouble because the Panasonic was only showing about 60% of the available image, no matter how I set Windows > Desktop > Properties > Settings to any resolution, some of which caused no signal black screen on the TV, (difficult if it was set to default monitor!) or used the NVIDIA settings app bundled with the card. After some rebooting in Safe Mode and System Restore once, I downloaded the latest Driver from NVIDIA, 6.14.12.8026. Didn't make any difference until I noticed a new option in the NVIDIA Control Panel called "Run multiple display wizard". Gave it a go, and lo and behold, even though I set it as a conservative 1024x768, suddenly monitor & TV were pretty much the same and looking more like the 1920x1080 of my monitor. Changing resolution in the Wizard seemed to have no effect. Both Windows > Desktop > Properties > Settings and the the NVIDIA settings app had no knowledge of what had been done and continued to display the futile settings of before! I don't know what the Wizard software has done, but I like it. Actually, when I play a .avi file in VLC, the TV is better (shows more pic area and better brightness) than the monitor. Go figure! I will paste this around any forum I can find because I have seen a lot of posts related.
[quote name='dag-dabreemie' date='17 February 2009 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1234832486' post='506699']

I would like to know why the Adjust Screen Size and Position settings in Nvidia Control Panel are not available and unaccessible or do not become available when my display is processed through an HDMI to DVI cable hookup?

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=89603

I had a similar problem. My computer is old and running XP. Was feeding a TV (see below) with a simple Y connector that was sucked down in brightness when both monitor and TV were connected. When I bought a 16:9 monitor found it was limited by the on-board graphics to 4:3. Went out and bought a GV-N62-512L card, 2 ports, VGA & DVI with a dongle to make both VGA because I was tired of seeing YouTube on my Panasonic P42X20Z with grey side-bars in 4:3 as well. Had a lot of trouble because the Panasonic was only showing about 60% of the available image, no matter how I set Windows > Desktop > Properties > Settings to any resolution, some of which caused no signal black screen on the TV, (difficult if it was set to default monitor!) or used the NVIDIA settings app bundled with the card. After some rebooting in Safe Mode and System Restore once, I downloaded the latest Driver from NVIDIA, 6.14.12.8026. Didn't make any difference until I noticed a new option in the NVIDIA Control Panel called "Run multiple display wizard". Gave it a go, and lo and behold, even though I set it as a conservative 1024x768, suddenly monitor & TV were pretty much the same and looking more like the 1920x1080 of my monitor. Changing resolution in the Wizard seemed to have no effect. Both Windows > Desktop > Properties > Settings and the the NVIDIA settings app had no knowledge of what had been done and continued to display the futile settings of before! I don't know what the Wizard software has done, but I like it. Actually, when I play a .avi file in VLC, the TV is better (shows more pic area and better brightness) than the monitor. Go figure! I will paste this around any forum I can find because I have seen a lot of posts related.

Posted 10/08/2011 11:36 AM   
[color="#4169E1"]Some of you guys are not mentioning what your display is as though it's not a factor in your display problem. TV's are not ordinary computer monitors. Sometimes if you check the manual for the TV it says that PC's have to be connected to a certain connector or else it won't work properly. I'm on a Samsung LED TV and the TV's manual says I have to be connected to HDMI1 rather than HDMI2 or 3 or 4 if I'm going to plug into one of the TV's HDMI connectors. Also TV's have certain menus in them and sometimes you have to set one of the TV's menus a certain way if you're connecting a PC. In my case my PC is detecting the TV as a generic display adaptor. Is it the same with you?[/color]
Some of you guys are not mentioning what your display is as though it's not a factor in your display problem. TV's are not ordinary computer monitors. Sometimes if you check the manual for the TV it says that PC's have to be connected to a certain connector or else it won't work properly. I'm on a Samsung LED TV and the TV's manual says I have to be connected to HDMI1 rather than HDMI2 or 3 or 4 if I'm going to plug into one of the TV's HDMI connectors. Also TV's have certain menus in them and sometimes you have to set one of the TV's menus a certain way if you're connecting a PC. In my case my PC is detecting the TV as a generic display adaptor. Is it the same with you?

EVGA GTX 780, Haswell 4770K cpu@3.9 GHz, 16GB RAM, Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, ASUS Maximus VI Hero motherboard, 250 GB SSD drive, 750W PC Power & Cooling power supply, Samsung 46" LED 1080p TV @60Hz, Soundblaster Z PCI-e.

Posted 10/08/2011 02:05 PM   
Scroll To Top