Refresh Rate Patcher 1.0.1 Lock you Refresh Rate in Windows XP and Vista (32&64bit) [DX9 &
  1 / 3    
Hello All,

I made this small program, becouse Refresh Lock , Direct Refresh and other refresh lockers didn't works for me :(

~>20h of writing.

Features:
-Add more resolutions to your system (30 resolutions: 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10).
-Lock refreshrates.
-Works on Windows XP & Vista (x86 and x64).

Why thoes works? Becouse they patching nVidia Drivers Settings, and unblock all RefreshRates.

[img]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2733/copyrightvz6.png[/img]

REMEMBER: Install Monitor drivers, after that use patch.

[b]Download:[/b]
[b]1. [url="http://rapidshare.com/files/195337349/Refresh_Rate_Patcher_1.0.1.zip"]Rapidshare[/url][/b]
[b]2. [url="http://www.sendspace.com/file/o4ic9b"]SendSpace[/url][/b]

For Example: After patching res 1280x1024 - 85Hz, You can Play Crysis:Wars on DX10, with that res on 85Hz!

I Hope you like It, if you found any bug, please send me an email ( falcom@max3d.pl ), I will fix it.

And Remember, on Vista run in Admin Mode.

Btw, Sorry for my bad english :)
Hello All,

I made this small program, becouse Refresh Lock , Direct Refresh and other refresh lockers didn't works for me :(

~>20h of writing.

Features:

-Add more resolutions to your system (30 resolutions: 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10).

-Lock refreshrates.

-Works on Windows XP & Vista (x86 and x64).

Why thoes works? Becouse they patching nVidia Drivers Settings, and unblock all RefreshRates.

REMEMBER: Install Monitor drivers, after that use patch.

Download:

1. Rapidshare

2. SendSpace

For Example: After patching res 1280x1024 - 85Hz, You can Play Crysis:Wars on DX10, with that res on 85Hz!

I Hope you like It, if you found any bug, please send me an email ( falcom@max3d.pl ), I will fix it.

And Remember, on Vista run in Admin Mode.

Btw, Sorry for my bad english :)

Posted 02/07/2009 06:45 PM   
Yes! Yes! Yes! Absolutely brilliant, thank you! Works excellently - after months of eye pain from 60hz on far too many games (I'm squinting at you, Burnout Paradise!) I can play [b]all[/b] of my games now at 1600x1200 at 85hz under Vista! I'd tried Refreshlock, reForce, and others and had just about given up hope for proper gaming under Vista, when you come along and save the day. :D

Excellent work, many many thanks. /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />
Yes! Yes! Yes! Absolutely brilliant, thank you! Works excellently - after months of eye pain from 60hz on far too many games (I'm squinting at you, Burnout Paradise!) I can play all of my games now at 1600x1200 at 85hz under Vista! I'd tried Refreshlock, reForce, and others and had just about given up hope for proper gaming under Vista, when you come along and save the day. :D

Excellent work, many many thanks. /thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />

Posted 02/16/2009 10:24 PM   
FAlcom, I just registered to post my thanks to you and your little app. Like jayroller I've tried many ways to play crysis at 1920x1280x85hz, without any success, until I found RRP. Again, many thanks.

[Edit]

Forgot to mention that my OS is vista x64
FAlcom, I just registered to post my thanks to you and your little app. Like jayroller I've tried many ways to play crysis at 1920x1280x85hz, without any success, until I found RRP. Again, many thanks.

[Edit]

Forgot to mention that my OS is vista x64

Posted 02/22/2009 01:14 AM   
didnt work for me... using 182.08's
didnt work for me... using 182.08's

Posted 03/15/2009 03:53 AM   
didnt work for me either ...<=== 182.08
didnt work for me either ...<=== 182.08

Posted 03/16/2009 07:21 PM   
Thanks for theis great little app. Works great for me on 182.08 -> for those that it didnt work for remeber to right click run as administrator
Thanks for theis great little app. Works great for me on 182.08 -> for those that it didnt work for remeber to right click run as administrator

Posted 03/27/2009 06:14 PM   
Thanks I will try this. [img]http://www.1-imageshack.us/img/o/9.gif[/img]
Thanks I will try this. Image

Posted 03/28/2009 05:23 AM   
Hi,

Thanks for your program. It works for me in some resolutions, but it doesn't work in others. I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and Windows 7 Beta x64 on a dual boot Hard-Drive, I tried under both operating systems and the problem is the exact same in both, no difference at all. I'm using the latest ForceWare 182.08 WHQL for Windows Vista x64, and ForceWare 181.71 BETA for Windows 7 x64.

My problem is the following:

Any resolutions below 1280x960 don't receive any refresh rate force from your program. The resolution 1280x960 itself does work, and anything above also works (as far as I have tried anyway). But if I go below 1280x960 it doesn't work anymore (for example forcing 100Hz at 1024x768, it won't work, it will always revert to 60Hz or 85Hz maximum from the Windows default settings). But I think I know why it might be working for some resolutions and not for others, I think it's because I don't have a monitor driver/information file (.INF), because it's old (2004), and the manufacturer discontinued it many years ago (from LG Electronics). My monitor model is the "19 CRT Flatron F900B to be more precise. I love it and the picture quality is comparable to some LCDs, it's working superbly well in Windows XP, all refresh rates are forced with the ReForce program, I've been using that program for years now.

When I install Windows Vista and Windows 7 the monitor is detected as a "Generic Plug-and-Play" device. And there are no drivers for my monitor outside of Windows XP x86, I even tried Windows XP x64 one time, and there's no drivers for anything other than XP 32-Bit, it's a big shame really. I always wanted to switch over to Vista (or now Windows 7), but I am stuck with XP 32-Bit because my monitor isn't supported anymore. So your program works for some resolutions and that's very nice, but for others which I use regularly it doesn't work. If only I would know how to create my own custom monitor driver I would do it, but I don't know of any program to make something like that, so that your program can use that file to apply the changes properly, because you say that your program requires a monitor driver, and I don't have one, so I think that's why it doesn't work correctly.

Keep up the good work though! :)

[b]EDIT[/b]: Ok now it works on my Vista x64 partition! Well, so far at least. All I did was completely re-installing Vista, but that time around I did the following in order: Installed SP1, then installed my Intel Chipset drivers, then installed NVIDIA's graphics drivers, and finally I installed a custom monitor driver file I made myself. I then updated the Generic Plug-and-Play default Vista driver with the one I made (specific to my monitor's capabilities) and then it installed it correctly. Then I used your program, set my desired refresh rates, and then I rebooted. When I came back to the Desktop it was still flickering at 60Hz, but then I lowered the resolution to 800x600, and it was suddenly set at 100Hz like I wanted, so I switched back to the default 1024x768 and then it worked! I tried all other resolutions I usually use, and they're all set to the refresh rates I set in your program.

So, it works in the Desktop, and it also works in 3DMark Vantage which is DirectX 10, and it works with Fallout 3 as well. I haven't tried older games, and I still haven't tried OpenGL games, but I will update this post about those later. But what is important is that so far it works, and I must say that from everything I had tried before your program is the best, but it does require a monitor driver file, that's true (monitor drivers aren't drivers per se, it's just an .INF file that tells the operating system about the range of resolutions available along with the refresh rate capabilities, to avoid the operating system from forcing the monitor in question to use default safe Windows parameters), that's the key.
Hi,

Thanks for your program. It works for me in some resolutions, but it doesn't work in others. I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and Windows 7 Beta x64 on a dual boot Hard-Drive, I tried under both operating systems and the problem is the exact same in both, no difference at all. I'm using the latest ForceWare 182.08 WHQL for Windows Vista x64, and ForceWare 181.71 BETA for Windows 7 x64.

My problem is the following:

Any resolutions below 1280x960 don't receive any refresh rate force from your program. The resolution 1280x960 itself does work, and anything above also works (as far as I have tried anyway). But if I go below 1280x960 it doesn't work anymore (for example forcing 100Hz at 1024x768, it won't work, it will always revert to 60Hz or 85Hz maximum from the Windows default settings). But I think I know why it might be working for some resolutions and not for others, I think it's because I don't have a monitor driver/information file (.INF), because it's old (2004), and the manufacturer discontinued it many years ago (from LG Electronics). My monitor model is the "19 CRT Flatron F900B to be more precise. I love it and the picture quality is comparable to some LCDs, it's working superbly well in Windows XP, all refresh rates are forced with the ReForce program, I've been using that program for years now.

When I install Windows Vista and Windows 7 the monitor is detected as a "Generic Plug-and-Play" device. And there are no drivers for my monitor outside of Windows XP x86, I even tried Windows XP x64 one time, and there's no drivers for anything other than XP 32-Bit, it's a big shame really. I always wanted to switch over to Vista (or now Windows 7), but I am stuck with XP 32-Bit because my monitor isn't supported anymore. So your program works for some resolutions and that's very nice, but for others which I use regularly it doesn't work. If only I would know how to create my own custom monitor driver I would do it, but I don't know of any program to make something like that, so that your program can use that file to apply the changes properly, because you say that your program requires a monitor driver, and I don't have one, so I think that's why it doesn't work correctly.

Keep up the good work though! :)

EDIT: Ok now it works on my Vista x64 partition! Well, so far at least. All I did was completely re-installing Vista, but that time around I did the following in order: Installed SP1, then installed my Intel Chipset drivers, then installed NVIDIA's graphics drivers, and finally I installed a custom monitor driver file I made myself. I then updated the Generic Plug-and-Play default Vista driver with the one I made (specific to my monitor's capabilities) and then it installed it correctly. Then I used your program, set my desired refresh rates, and then I rebooted. When I came back to the Desktop it was still flickering at 60Hz, but then I lowered the resolution to 800x600, and it was suddenly set at 100Hz like I wanted, so I switched back to the default 1024x768 and then it worked! I tried all other resolutions I usually use, and they're all set to the refresh rates I set in your program.

So, it works in the Desktop, and it also works in 3DMark Vantage which is DirectX 10, and it works with Fallout 3 as well. I haven't tried older games, and I still haven't tried OpenGL games, but I will update this post about those later. But what is important is that so far it works, and I must say that from everything I had tried before your program is the best, but it does require a monitor driver file, that's true (monitor drivers aren't drivers per se, it's just an .INF file that tells the operating system about the range of resolutions available along with the refresh rate capabilities, to avoid the operating system from forcing the monitor in question to use default safe Windows parameters), that's the key.

Posted 03/29/2009 10:35 AM   
Hi, I downloaded the app, right clicked the .exe and then chose "run as administrator." I got an error that says "Driver Registry Entries Not Found." Does this mean the drivers I am using are not supported? I am using drivers 182.08 WHQL on Vista x64 with a 9800 GX2.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Hi, I downloaded the app, right clicked the .exe and then chose "run as administrator." I got an error that says "Driver Registry Entries Not Found." Does this mean the drivers I am using are not supported? I am using drivers 182.08 WHQL on Vista x64 with a 9800 GX2.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Posted 04/02/2009 03:40 PM   
i tried this and it didn't work (using 182.50)

not only did it not work, but it greyed out the "hide modes this monitor cant display" and i cant even go back to my old hz...(was @ 100 now im stuck at 85 since using this)

that really sucks... oh well i was kinda planning on formatting soon anyway because i used to be able to get 1280x1024@140Hz with reforce but for some reason reforce doesnt want to work since i got a new video card(bfg tech 260 gtx)
i tried this and it didn't work (using 182.50)

not only did it not work, but it greyed out the "hide modes this monitor cant display" and i cant even go back to my old hz...(was @ 100 now im stuck at 85 since using this)

that really sucks... oh well i was kinda planning on formatting soon anyway because i used to be able to get 1280x1024@140Hz with reforce but for some reason reforce doesnt want to work since i got a new video card(bfg tech 260 gtx)

Posted 04/03/2009 06:37 AM   
The Download Links are dead, can someone upload it?, thanks.
The Download Links are dead, can someone upload it?, thanks.

Posted 04/13/2009 01:44 AM   
[quote name='CarVio' post='529490' date='Apr 13 2009, 02:52 AM']Here we go:

[url="http://files.filefront.com/13591034"]http://files.filefront.com/13591034[/url][/quote]

Works good on my VISTA 64

Sorry for doublepost
[quote name='CarVio' post='529490' date='Apr 13 2009, 02:52 AM']Here we go:

http://files.filefront.com/13591034

Works good on my VISTA 64

Sorry for doublepost

Posted 04/13/2009 02:54 AM   
RRP has managed to make all refresh rates available in NV Control Panel (and they work on desktop), but the games still won't recognize them, so I'm still stuck at 85Hz in them (instead of my native 120Hz, which is a lot easier on the eyes).
So, still no go... :-\

Specs:
Video card: GTX280
Drivers: v182.06 WHQL
RRP: v1.0.1
RRP has managed to make all refresh rates available in NV Control Panel (and they work on desktop), but the games still won't recognize them, so I'm still stuck at 85Hz in them (instead of my native 120Hz, which is a lot easier on the eyes).

So, still no go... :-\

Specs:

Video card: GTX280

Drivers: v182.06 WHQL

RRP: v1.0.1

Posted 04/19/2009 09:33 AM   
For those it didn't work:

After a new driver/directx installation, I wasn't able to override the refresh rates with Refresh Rate Patcher anymore. With a few tryouts, I got the solution for me.

1. Rightclick on desktop --> NVidia Control Panel
2. Go to "Manage custom resolutions" (click on the specific monitor where you want to do a refresh rate override if you have more than one monitor attached to the system)
3. Click on "Create" and then add your resolutions with the desired refresh rates
4. Fire up Refresh Rate Patcher and set your refresh rates to the same refresh rates you've added under Manage Custom Resolutions.
5. Confirm and restart the system

This worked for me pretty good. Now I have my 85hz refresh rates in games again under VISTA 64.

Give some feedback if this solved the problems.

Cheers
For those it didn't work:

After a new driver/directx installation, I wasn't able to override the refresh rates with Refresh Rate Patcher anymore. With a few tryouts, I got the solution for me.

1. Rightclick on desktop --> NVidia Control Panel

2. Go to "Manage custom resolutions" (click on the specific monitor where you want to do a refresh rate override if you have more than one monitor attached to the system)

3. Click on "Create" and then add your resolutions with the desired refresh rates

4. Fire up Refresh Rate Patcher and set your refresh rates to the same refresh rates you've added under Manage Custom Resolutions.

5. Confirm and restart the system

This worked for me pretty good. Now I have my 85hz refresh rates in games again under VISTA 64.

Give some feedback if this solved the problems.

Cheers

Posted 04/19/2009 08:31 PM   
I registered just to post a thanks to you, FAlcom. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

This helped me get Vampire Bloodlines to work, it sometimes has a problem with running too high refresh rates.
I registered just to post a thanks to you, FAlcom. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

This helped me get Vampire Bloodlines to work, it sometimes has a problem with running too high refresh rates.

Posted 05/01/2009 08:58 AM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top