Nvidia GTX 260 Driver Update Uninstall and Re-install GTX 260 Driver
Hello,

I'm really confused on how to update my GTX 260 driver. I have Windows Vista 64 bit.

I seriously need a step by step explanation on how to do the whole process. I've tried downloading it from the site for the 181.22 version, and when I install it, my device drivers' properties shows an older version still installed. I tried doing it in safe mode and when I uninstalled the driver, it wiped it off my computer and when I tried to install the GTX 260 181.22 version it couldn't find the device on my computer anymore and wouldn't install.

It's staying as this version.

Driver Date: 6/18/2008

Driver Version: 7.15.11.7741

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much
Hello,

I'm really confused on how to update my GTX 260 driver. I have Windows Vista 64 bit.

I seriously need a step by step explanation on how to do the whole process. I've tried downloading it from the site for the 181.22 version, and when I install it, my device drivers' properties shows an older version still installed. I tried doing it in safe mode and when I uninstalled the driver, it wiped it off my computer and when I tried to install the GTX 260 181.22 version it couldn't find the device on my computer anymore and wouldn't install.

It's staying as this version.

Driver Date: 6/18/2008

Driver Version: 7.15.11.7741

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much

Posted 02/06/2009 04:16 AM   
1. Boot Windows normally.
2. Check the Windows Update settings to make sure it isn't installing any drivers.
3. Go to the Windows Control Panel, and then go to Programs, uninstall nvidia ntune or nvidia physx driver if they are installed.
4. In the Windows Control Panel, and then go to Programs, select the nvidia display driver and then click on uninstall. Reboot the computer when prompted.
3. Double click on the installer for the new driver which you downloaded.

If you are really stuck then go to www.guru3d.com and download Driver Sweeper. Uninstall the driver in normal mode, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode, install the new driver in normal mode.
1. Boot Windows normally.

2. Check the Windows Update settings to make sure it isn't installing any drivers.

3. Go to the Windows Control Panel, and then go to Programs, uninstall nvidia ntune or nvidia physx driver if they are installed.

4. In the Windows Control Panel, and then go to Programs, select the nvidia display driver and then click on uninstall. Reboot the computer when prompted.

If you are really stuck then go to www.guru3d.com and download Driver Sweeper. Uninstall the driver in normal mode, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode, install the new driver in normal mode.

Posted 02/06/2009 06:27 AM   
[quote name='Stickywulf' post='501856' date='Feb 6 2009, 01:27 AM']1. Boot Windows normally.
3. Go to the Windows Control Panel, uninstall nvidia ntune or nvidia physx driver if they are installed.
4. In the Windows Control Panel, select the nvidia display driver and then click on uninstall. Reboot the computer when prompted.

If you are really stuck then go to www.guru3d.com and download Driver Sweeper. Uninstall the driver in normal mode, run Driver Sweeper from safe mode, install the new driver in normal mode.[/quote]

Should I check "delete the driver software for this device" ?
[quote name='Stickywulf' post='501856' date='Feb 6 2009, 01:27 AM']1. Boot Windows normally.

3. Go to the Windows Control Panel, uninstall nvidia ntune or nvidia physx driver if they are installed.

4. In the Windows Control Panel, select the nvidia display driver and then click on uninstall. Reboot the computer when prompted.

Should I check "delete the driver software for this device" ?

Posted 02/06/2009 12:44 PM   
Hit the FAQ in my sig for step-by-step instructions. If you choose to run a driver cleaner (most of us do), run it in Safe Mode after you have uninstalled the old drivers and restarted the machine. But [b]before[/b] you install the new drivers.
Hit the FAQ in my sig for step-by-step instructions. If you choose to run a driver cleaner (most of us do), run it in Safe Mode after you have uninstalled the old drivers and restarted the machine. But before you install the new drivers.

Posted 02/06/2009 12:48 PM   
Scroll To Top