9500gt native resolution issues stretches past screen in native (grr Vista)
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Hopefully someone here can help.

I have an issue with my native resolution. Native for my 32" lcd is 1360 x 768. However when I select that as my resolution the screen falls off of the edge of the monitor. I figured I would then just resize the desktop to fit however that option disappears when I set to 1360 x 768. It is available for almost all other resolution except that one and a few others. However almost all other resolutions give me quite a bit of vibration of the images. (probably a term for that but I don't know it)

i have a 9500gt with my 32" lcd connected through hdmi and a small second monitor through vga. I just recently upgraded to vista and was able to display my native resolution perfectly in xp sp3. My drivers are current as of this morning.

Thank you in advance for all of your responses.

If any additional info is needed please feel free to ask.
Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Hopefully someone here can help.

I have an issue with my native resolution. Native for my 32" lcd is 1360 x 768. However when I select that as my resolution the screen falls off of the edge of the monitor. I figured I would then just resize the desktop to fit however that option disappears when I set to 1360 x 768. It is available for almost all other resolution except that one and a few others. However almost all other resolutions give me quite a bit of vibration of the images. (probably a term for that but I don't know it)

i have a 9500gt with my 32" lcd connected through hdmi and a small second monitor through vga. I just recently upgraded to vista and was able to display my native resolution perfectly in xp sp3. My drivers are current as of this morning.

Thank you in advance for all of your responses.

If any additional info is needed please feel free to ask.

Posted 01/19/2009 06:03 PM   
Theres a general problem with Nvidia's Vista drivers and Overscan, is this 32" LCD a HDTV or a regular monitor? If it is a HDTV have you tried turning off overscan on the TV? are you running the HDMI through a integrated HDMI port on the 9500GT, or with a DVI-to-HDMI cord?
Theres a general problem with Nvidia's Vista drivers and Overscan, is this 32" LCD a HDTV or a regular monitor? If it is a HDTV have you tried turning off overscan on the TV? are you running the HDMI through a integrated HDMI port on the 9500GT, or with a DVI-to-HDMI cord?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
2GB OCZ DDR2 800
Gigabyte nForce 4 AM2 MoBo
ASUS 9800GT Matrix 512MB
Creative Soundblaster Live 24bit
20" Wide-screen Viewsonic Optiquest Q20WB
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
550w Thermaltake Purepower RX

Posted 01/21/2009 01:12 PM   
Download latest nvidia drivers and your display driver, try to put different Hz optiones in display properties > display. Choose and compatible freq, i had this problem time ago and i solved it changing the freq of my display.
Download latest nvidia drivers and your display driver, try to put different Hz optiones in display properties > display. Choose and compatible freq, i had this problem time ago and i solved it changing the freq of my display.

CPU: Intel i7-4771
GPU: 2 x MSI GTX 760 OC GAMING
MOBO: MSI Z87M GAMING
RAM: G.Skill Trident X DDR3 1600mhz CL7 2x8GB
SSD: 2 x 250GB Raid 0 Samsung 840 EVO
HDD: 2 x WD CAVIAR BLACK Raid 0 2x2TB
PSU: Aerocool STRIKE-X 800W Modular
CASE: BitFenix Prodigy M

Posted 01/21/2009 02:09 PM   
[quote name='Reno582' post='494577' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:12 PM']Theres a general problem with Nvidia's Vista drivers and Overscan, is this 32" LCD a HDTV or a regular monitor? If it is a HDTV have you tried turning off overscan on the TV? are you running the HDMI through a integrated HDMI port on the 9500GT, or with a DVI-to-HDMI cord?[/quote]
The lcd is a 32" digital lifestyles 1080i tv. I do not seem to have the ability to turn off overscan on my television. I may have the option somewhere but I do not see anything anywhere that says anything about overscan. I am running my tv through the integrated hdmi port to the hdmi port on my tv and the second little tiny monitor is on vga-vga. I apologise for my lack of expertise in this subject and would like to thankyou for your patience and perseverance.
[quote name='Reno582' post='494577' date='Jan 21 2009, 01:12 PM']Theres a general problem with Nvidia's Vista drivers and Overscan, is this 32" LCD a HDTV or a regular monitor? If it is a HDTV have you tried turning off overscan on the TV? are you running the HDMI through a integrated HDMI port on the 9500GT, or with a DVI-to-HDMI cord?

The lcd is a 32" digital lifestyles 1080i tv. I do not seem to have the ability to turn off overscan on my television. I may have the option somewhere but I do not see anything anywhere that says anything about overscan. I am running my tv through the integrated hdmi port to the hdmi port on my tv and the second little tiny monitor is on vga-vga. I apologise for my lack of expertise in this subject and would like to thankyou for your patience and perseverance.

Posted 01/22/2009 12:08 AM   
[quote name='ZeNiKaL' post='494598' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:09 PM']Download latest nvidia drivers and your display driver, try to put different Hz optiones in display properties > display. Choose and compatible freq, i had this problem time ago and i solved it changing the freq of my display.[/quote]
I have tried every frequency that I could find with no luck. I have the most recent nvidia driver. The display driver however is the generic driver for vista lcd tv. I unfortunately have a somewhat no name brand 32" digital lifestyles 1080i hdtv which worked great on XP but not so much on vista. I sure do hope MF makes W7 much more compatible with hardware. However since it is apparently the same basic architecture i doubt that will happen.
[quote name='ZeNiKaL' post='494598' date='Jan 21 2009, 02:09 PM']Download latest nvidia drivers and your display driver, try to put different Hz optiones in display properties > display. Choose and compatible freq, i had this problem time ago and i solved it changing the freq of my display.

I have tried every frequency that I could find with no luck. I have the most recent nvidia driver. The display driver however is the generic driver for vista lcd tv. I unfortunately have a somewhat no name brand 32" digital lifestyles 1080i hdtv which worked great on XP but not so much on vista. I sure do hope MF makes W7 much more compatible with hardware. However since it is apparently the same basic architecture i doubt that will happen.

Posted 01/22/2009 12:14 AM   
[quote name='dmancini' post='494840' date='Jan 21 2009, 07:08 PM']The lcd is a 32" digital lifestyles 1080i tv. I do not seem to have the ability to turn off overscan on my television. I may have the option somewhere but I do not see anything anywhere that says anything about overscan. I am running my tv through the integrated hdmi port to the hdmi port on my tv and the second little tiny monitor is on vga-vga. I apologise for my lack of expertise in this subject and would like to thankyou for your patience and perseverance.[/quote]
But does the Geforce 9500GT your using have a HDMI port on it? Also can you change the aspect ratio that the HDTV displays? Finally, have you considered connecting the HDTV through Component with a S-video-to-Component adapter (if you give me the model number and Manufacturer of your video card I can check if it has a 7-pin S-video port)?
[quote name='dmancini' post='494840' date='Jan 21 2009, 07:08 PM']The lcd is a 32" digital lifestyles 1080i tv. I do not seem to have the ability to turn off overscan on my television. I may have the option somewhere but I do not see anything anywhere that says anything about overscan. I am running my tv through the integrated hdmi port to the hdmi port on my tv and the second little tiny monitor is on vga-vga. I apologise for my lack of expertise in this subject and would like to thankyou for your patience and perseverance.

But does the Geforce 9500GT your using have a HDMI port on it? Also can you change the aspect ratio that the HDTV displays? Finally, have you considered connecting the HDTV through Component with a S-video-to-Component adapter (if you give me the model number and Manufacturer of your video card I can check if it has a 7-pin S-video port)?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+
2GB OCZ DDR2 800
Gigabyte nForce 4 AM2 MoBo
ASUS 9800GT Matrix 512MB
Creative Soundblaster Live 24bit
20" Wide-screen Viewsonic Optiquest Q20WB
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
550w Thermaltake Purepower RX

Posted 01/23/2009 07:55 AM   
[quote name='Reno582' post='495479' date='Jan 23 2009, 07:55 AM']But does the Geforce 9500GT your using have a HDMI port on it? Also can you change the aspect ratio that the HDTV displays? Finally, have you considered connecting the HDTV through Component with a S-video-to-Component adapter (if you give me the model number and Manufacturer of your video card I can check if it has a 7-pin S-video port)?[/quote]
the video card is an asus en9500gt top it has a a vga an hdmi and another port on it. I have tried changing all of the aspect ratios. it gives me a couple of options. Normal, Wide, cinema, and zoom. I have been using normal and wide generally as the other two enlarge everything so much that everything hangs off of the screen. I have not thought of using an s-video to component adapter. what are the benefits to doing this. thankyou for all of your help.
[quote name='Reno582' post='495479' date='Jan 23 2009, 07:55 AM']But does the Geforce 9500GT your using have a HDMI port on it? Also can you change the aspect ratio that the HDTV displays? Finally, have you considered connecting the HDTV through Component with a S-video-to-Component adapter (if you give me the model number and Manufacturer of your video card I can check if it has a 7-pin S-video port)?

the video card is an asus en9500gt top it has a a vga an hdmi and another port on it. I have tried changing all of the aspect ratios. it gives me a couple of options. Normal, Wide, cinema, and zoom. I have been using normal and wide generally as the other two enlarge everything so much that everything hangs off of the screen. I have not thought of using an s-video to component adapter. what are the benefits to doing this. thankyou for all of your help.

Posted 01/24/2009 04:16 PM   
Scroll To Top