Windows 7 Issues. Stop creating threads for BETA issues....
  1 / 7    
Please do not create NEW threads for BETA WINDOWS 7 Issues. There are REAL people with problems that are not BETA that are a HELL of ALOT more important than someone trying to get BETAs working.

Thats why it is BETA.

I Gonna Make this VERY CLEAR....

[b]THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 7[/b]

[b][size=5]THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 7[/size][/b]

[b][size=6]THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 7[/size][/b]

[b][size=7]THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 7[/size][/b]

[b][i][size=6]Add your Issues to THIS thread so we have them together and it will help the next person[/size][/i][/b]
Please do not create NEW threads for BETA WINDOWS 7 Issues. There are REAL people with problems that are not BETA that are a HELL of ALOT more important than someone trying to get BETAs working.

Thats why it is BETA.

I Gonna Make this VERY CLEAR....

THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT FOR WINDOWS 7

Add your Issues to THIS thread so we have them together and it will help the next person

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 01/11/2009 07:06 PM   
[quote name='Greybear' post='489560' date='Jan 11 2009, 01:06 PM']Please do not create NEW threads for BETA WINDOWS 7 Issues. There are REAL people with problems that are not BETA that are a HELL of ALOT more important than someone trying to get BETAs working.

Thats why it is BETA.

[b][i][size=6]Add your Issues to THIS thread so we have them together and it will help the next person[/size][/i][/b][/quote]

I guess us with Windows 7 beta aren't real people, and we aren't important :)

I don't have any issues with Windows 7 actually, it runs really nice. A heck of a lot better than Vista so far and I may finally upgrade from XP.

Next time try to not come off as such a jerk when making a post...just say to post topics in this thread and to request a sticky.
[quote name='Greybear' post='489560' date='Jan 11 2009, 01:06 PM']Please do not create NEW threads for BETA WINDOWS 7 Issues. There are REAL people with problems that are not BETA that are a HELL of ALOT more important than someone trying to get BETAs working.

Thats why it is BETA.

Add your Issues to THIS thread so we have them together and it will help the next person

I guess us with Windows 7 beta aren't real people, and we aren't important :)

I don't have any issues with Windows 7 actually, it runs really nice. A heck of a lot better than Vista so far and I may finally upgrade from XP.

Next time try to not come off as such a jerk when making a post...just say to post topics in this thread and to request a sticky.

Posted 01/11/2009 07:54 PM   
Loaded up pretty smooth on my ABiT KN9 SLi also. No issues to speak of so far, slow DL speed or at least from the Windows update server. It found everything and installed proper drivers.
Loaded up pretty smooth on my ABiT KN9 SLi also. No issues to speak of so far, slow DL speed or at least from the Windows update server. It found everything and installed proper drivers.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 01/11/2009 08:10 PM   
I would hope your just a nvidia fanboy putting words in their mouths because it would be pretty lame of them to take this stance on feedback for a new version of windows beta or not.

Last time I checked beta releases are opened to people to help not only the company releasing the product but in the case of an OS release also help companies receive feedback on a product before it is released. To ignore and straight up insult testers with posts like this does not reflect well on a company who stands to gain valuable feedback on their product from the public and what better way then a forum to do so where testers as well as developers can help refine the product.

Hense the reason I hope your not a true representative of nvidia...
I would hope your just a nvidia fanboy putting words in their mouths because it would be pretty lame of them to take this stance on feedback for a new version of windows beta or not.

Last time I checked beta releases are opened to people to help not only the company releasing the product but in the case of an OS release also help companies receive feedback on a product before it is released. To ignore and straight up insult testers with posts like this does not reflect well on a company who stands to gain valuable feedback on their product from the public and what better way then a forum to do so where testers as well as developers can help refine the product.

Hense the reason I hope your not a true representative of nvidia...

Posted 01/11/2009 10:19 PM   
nobody here is, we are all users. its a user to user forum.

but it is true, there is no support for windows 7 as it is a beta, it is expected to have issues. there are far too many people posting on here annoyed that it isnt working for whatever reason and demanding a fix.
nobody here is, we are all users. its a user to user forum.

but it is true, there is no support for windows 7 as it is a beta, it is expected to have issues. there are far too many people posting on here annoyed that it isnt working for whatever reason and demanding a fix.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 01/12/2009 12:12 AM   
I installed the x64 Beta on my Abit IN9 Max-32 680i board and can't get online with it. I can't get network drivers installed. The latest video drivers seem to be working just fine but the nForce 15.23's just cause it to self reboot right after I reboot after the driver install. nVidia says to get Windows 7 drivers from Windows Update that's a bit impossible when the OS won't see any network adapters installed, lol.

Any solutions to this? I'm out of ideas as I've tried different versions, just installing the network drivers, etc. I'd like the SATA IDE drivers so I can use my SATA DVD burners but that would just be gravy at this point!

Thanks! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
I installed the x64 Beta on my Abit IN9 Max-32 680i board and can't get online with it. I can't get network drivers installed. The latest video drivers seem to be working just fine but the nForce 15.23's just cause it to self reboot right after I reboot after the driver install. nVidia says to get Windows 7 drivers from Windows Update that's a bit impossible when the OS won't see any network adapters installed, lol.

Any solutions to this? I'm out of ideas as I've tried different versions, just installing the network drivers, etc. I'd like the SATA IDE drivers so I can use my SATA DVD burners but that would just be gravy at this point!

Thanks! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 01/12/2009 01:26 AM   
So, when you installed the Win 7...No network from that point? OR you had it right up until the OS updated the drivers? Or did you update the drivers?

You have to use drivers prior to the 15.xx series. [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_64_9.64.html"]Like these[/url]
So, when you installed the Win 7...No network from that point? OR you had it right up until the OS updated the drivers? Or did you update the drivers?

You have to use drivers prior to the 15.xx series. Like these

Posted 01/12/2009 02:28 AM   
My network issues in Window 7 were solved by using the latest nForce WHQL drivers for Vista x64.
Latest not a back reved version.

My issues were with network dropping specifically Windows reporting it had lost the gateway.
My network issues in Window 7 were solved by using the latest nForce WHQL drivers for Vista x64.

My issues were with network dropping specifically Windows reporting it had lost the gateway.

Posted 01/12/2009 02:37 AM   
[quote name='00110001' post='489723' date='Jan 11 2009, 08:37 PM']My network issues in Window 7 were solved by using the latest nForce WHQL drivers for Vista x64.

My issues were with network dropping specifically Windows reporting it had lost the gateway.[/quote]

What chipset did you say you had again?

[attachment=10700:Vista_64.JPG]
[quote name='00110001' post='489723' date='Jan 11 2009, 08:37 PM']My network issues in Window 7 were solved by using the latest nForce WHQL drivers for Vista x64.

What chipset did you say you had again?

Posted 01/12/2009 03:02 AM   
[quote name='Greybear' post='489726' date='Jan 11 2009, 10:02 PM']What chipset did you say you had again?

[attachment=10700:Vista_64.JPG][/quote]
Hi. It's a 680i board, Abit in9Max-32 board. Never any internet connection. Windows 7 doesn't even see the onboard nic's. I tried to install the drivers from the CD that came with the board and the 15.23's like you show in your picture. Either one causes the system to reboot right after I finish the installation and reboot the system. It doesn't even get all the way to the desktop before it reboots and the repair console comes up. I let it do its thing and remove the software and the system is stable again but still no internet. I'll try the 9.64's you linked to and see if that works and report back.

Thanks!! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

EDIT: Well, those didn't work. Any other ideas? Or am I going to have to wait for nVidia to actually release drivers so I can play? :(
[quote name='Greybear' post='489726' date='Jan 11 2009, 10:02 PM']What chipset did you say you had again?

Hi. It's a 680i board, Abit in9Max-32 board. Never any internet connection. Windows 7 doesn't even see the onboard nic's. I tried to install the drivers from the CD that came with the board and the 15.23's like you show in your picture. Either one causes the system to reboot right after I finish the installation and reboot the system. It doesn't even get all the way to the desktop before it reboots and the repair console comes up. I let it do its thing and remove the software and the system is stable again but still no internet. I'll try the 9.64's you linked to and see if that works and report back.

Thanks!! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

EDIT: Well, those didn't work. Any other ideas? Or am I going to have to wait for nVidia to actually release drivers so I can play? :(

Posted 01/12/2009 03:24 AM   
What does happen? And did you verify that the driver is actually installed by checking what driver is being used via the Device Manager?

Fish around the nVidia Driver section, pull up several different chipset....it wouldnt hurt to try a few others if in fact the earlier ones were installed correctly. IF they werent installed, then see what is going on.

Double verify during the POST, using the PAUSE / BREAK key, this screen should list LAN controllers...IF it does not, its a BIOS / Hardware issue....

[attachment=10720:SDC10070.JPG]
What does happen? And did you verify that the driver is actually installed by checking what driver is being used via the Device Manager?

Fish around the nVidia Driver section, pull up several different chipset....it wouldnt hurt to try a few others if in fact the earlier ones were installed correctly. IF they werent installed, then see what is going on.

Double verify during the POST, using the PAUSE / BREAK key, this screen should list LAN controllers...IF it does not, its a BIOS / Hardware issue....

[attachment=10720:SDC10070.JPG]

Posted 01/13/2009 11:25 PM   
Thanks for the ideas but I gave up and put an old PCI NIC in I found at work and it took right off.

No, the NIC did not show in Device Manager before the install (expected) and after trying to install them I have no of knowing if they went in or not other than the fact that the nVidia installer said they were installed and the system needed rebooted. Upon reboot... It caused an infinite reboot loop if I didn't let it go into the recovery console. If I canceled the recovery console and tried to "Start Windows Normally" it would just reboot again, and again, and again. The last time I tried it with 9.64 drives linked above and it got so messed up that it couldn't fix its self so I did another install and then put the PCI card in.

After that I was able to get internet no problems and update Windows. It was getting late last night when I did that but it did update and install the Sil drivers so now my SATA DVD burners seem to be functional. I have some more testing to on it tonight, check to see if the LAN controllers show up, see if I can get my OLD scanner to work.

I'll report more later.

Thanks again.
Thanks for the ideas but I gave up and put an old PCI NIC in I found at work and it took right off.

No, the NIC did not show in Device Manager before the install (expected) and after trying to install them I have no of knowing if they went in or not other than the fact that the nVidia installer said they were installed and the system needed rebooted. Upon reboot... It caused an infinite reboot loop if I didn't let it go into the recovery console. If I canceled the recovery console and tried to "Start Windows Normally" it would just reboot again, and again, and again. The last time I tried it with 9.64 drives linked above and it got so messed up that it couldn't fix its self so I did another install and then put the PCI card in.

After that I was able to get internet no problems and update Windows. It was getting late last night when I did that but it did update and install the Sil drivers so now my SATA DVD burners seem to be functional. I have some more testing to on it tonight, check to see if the LAN controllers show up, see if I can get my OLD scanner to work.

I'll report more later.

Thanks again.

Posted 01/14/2009 12:34 AM   
If its enabled in the BIOS, check the screen I showed and then check yours on the next reboot.

ABiTs had a bit of a problem .... not all models but a couple that if say....Memtest were run and you were using an early Bios version, it would drop the LAN devices.... But they wouldnt show in the screen I posted.

Definitely keep up the word...curious to see you getting it all working.
If its enabled in the BIOS, check the screen I showed and then check yours on the next reboot.

ABiTs had a bit of a problem .... not all models but a couple that if say....Memtest were run and you were using an early Bios version, it would drop the LAN devices.... But they wouldnt show in the screen I posted.

Definitely keep up the word...curious to see you getting it all working.

Posted 01/14/2009 01:54 AM   
Ooookkk... So where did they go??? They show at the top of the BIOS screen where the MAC address is but they are not on the bottom in the device listing. They were working just fine in my primary OS partition on that system, XP 64 bit. I rechecked that one and they aren't there in device manager either. What the heck happened? Did the BIOS get corrupted or something? Where do I start to fix this?? Reset the BIOS, reflash it? I'm going to be a bit unhappy if I doinked up this board. Yea, I've had it lying around for a while but I just installed it a month ago! :wacko:

EDIT: Yes, I flashed it to the latest version of the BIOS for CPU support with a borrowed CPU before I put this e8500 in. Both LAN ports are enabled in the bios. Both ports have yellow lights on next to them.
Ooookkk... So where did they go??? They show at the top of the BIOS screen where the MAC address is but they are not on the bottom in the device listing. They were working just fine in my primary OS partition on that system, XP 64 bit. I rechecked that one and they aren't there in device manager either. What the heck happened? Did the BIOS get corrupted or something? Where do I start to fix this?? Reset the BIOS, reflash it? I'm going to be a bit unhappy if I doinked up this board. Yea, I've had it lying around for a while but I just installed it a month ago! :wacko:

EDIT: Yes, I flashed it to the latest version of the BIOS for CPU support with a borrowed CPU before I put this e8500 in. Both LAN ports are enabled in the bios. Both ports have yellow lights on next to them.

Posted 01/14/2009 02:24 AM   
So you have two OSes, One sees them and the other does not? If so, dont touch the BIOS as its working or the Other OS would not see them. Just make sure it still works in the other OS.
So you have two OSes, One sees them and the other does not? If so, dont touch the BIOS as its working or the Other OS would not see them. Just make sure it still works in the other OS.

Posted 01/14/2009 02:49 AM   
  1 / 7    
Scroll To Top