Anyone tried windows 7 w/ nforce3?
  1 / 2    
We all know about the crap nvidia gave us concerning drivers for vista with nforce3. With all of the speed everyone is talking about I'm wondering if microsoft took a step back and took a lot of vista out of windows 7.

Maybe it will work with nforce3 this time...

anyone tried the beta w/ nforce3?
We all know about the crap nvidia gave us concerning drivers for vista with nforce3. With all of the speed everyone is talking about I'm wondering if microsoft took a step back and took a lot of vista out of windows 7.

Posted 01/08/2009 10:12 PM   
From what Ive been hearing...I got a feeling Windows 7 is VISTA as a new name with changes...

Tomorrow, you can DL Win 7 and trying it out...figure all you need is the Vista nF 3 drivers, if Im right.
From what Ive been hearing...I got a feeling Windows 7 is VISTA as a new name with changes...

Tomorrow, you can DL Win 7 and trying it out...figure all you need is the Vista nF 3 drivers, if Im right.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 01/08/2009 10:36 PM   
[quote name='Greybear' post='488249' date='Jan 8 2009, 05:36 PM']From what Ive been hearing...I got a feeling Windows 7 is VISTA as a new name with changes...

Tomorrow, you can DL Win 7 and trying it out...figure all you need is the Vista nF 3 drivers, if Im right.[/quote]

THERE ARE NO VISTA NFORCE3 DRIVERS!

lol

That's why it doesn't work w/ vista.
[quote name='Greybear' post='488249' date='Jan 8 2009, 05:36 PM']From what Ive been hearing...I got a feeling Windows 7 is VISTA as a new name with changes...

THERE ARE NO VISTA NFORCE3 DRIVERS!

lol

That's why it doesn't work w/ vista.

Posted 01/08/2009 11:16 PM   
Man you did get screwed. But Vista should have preinstalled nF3 drivers for most of the components.

Checked the INF of the earliest nF4 series drivers to make sure they just didnt bork them to prevent installation and force upgrading?
Man you did get screwed. But Vista should have preinstalled nF3 drivers for most of the components.

Checked the INF of the earliest nF4 series drivers to make sure they just didnt bork them to prevent installation and force upgrading?

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 01/09/2009 12:51 AM   
I've been running Vista, working perfectly on my nForce3 system.

I installed Windows 7 onto a separate partition and no matter what I do, I can't get the Ethernet drivers to work. I tried pointing the driver installer to the system32/drivers folder in my working Vista install, and it says it can't find a driver there. I extracted nForce3 drivers for XP and nForce4 drivers for Vista into a folder, and told the driver finder to search there. It found one and says it is working, but I still have no internet, even after restarting.

If I try to uninstall the driver after that to get it to search for a new one again, it blue screens.

This is the only thing that isn't working. Unfortunately it is the most important part. Anyone else had this problem? I'm pretty sure Vista came with the driver for the Ethernet already and I had to do nothing, so I am confused as to why Windows 7 isn't the same.

I guess the next thing I'll try is pointing it explicitly to the exact driver file Vista is using, or inspecting to see if my router is denying the PC an IP address for some reason.

The only other tricky component was the audio - again nForce installer doesn't exist, so I downloaded realteks drivers for Vista. The installer doesn't run because you aren't using Vista, but you can put the device wizard to look for drivers in that folder and it installs and works.
I've been running Vista, working perfectly on my nForce3 system.

I installed Windows 7 onto a separate partition and no matter what I do, I can't get the Ethernet drivers to work. I tried pointing the driver installer to the system32/drivers folder in my working Vista install, and it says it can't find a driver there. I extracted nForce3 drivers for XP and nForce4 drivers for Vista into a folder, and told the driver finder to search there. It found one and says it is working, but I still have no internet, even after restarting.

If I try to uninstall the driver after that to get it to search for a new one again, it blue screens.

This is the only thing that isn't working. Unfortunately it is the most important part. Anyone else had this problem? I'm pretty sure Vista came with the driver for the Ethernet already and I had to do nothing, so I am confused as to why Windows 7 isn't the same.

I guess the next thing I'll try is pointing it explicitly to the exact driver file Vista is using, or inspecting to see if my router is denying the PC an IP address for some reason.

The only other tricky component was the audio - again nForce installer doesn't exist, so I downloaded realteks drivers for Vista. The installer doesn't run because you aren't using Vista, but you can put the device wizard to look for drivers in that folder and it installs and works.

Posted 01/13/2009 04:43 PM   
[quote name='isokarhu' post='490531' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:43 AM']I've been running Vista, working perfectly on my nForce3 system.

The only other tricky component was the audio - again nForce installer doesn't exist, so I downloaded realteks drivers for Vista. The installer doesn't run because you aren't using Vista, but you can put the device wizard to look for drivers in that folder and it installs and works.[/quote]

Isokarhu,

Are you trying it on x86 or x64 Win7?
[quote name='isokarhu' post='490531' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:43 AM']I've been running Vista, working perfectly on my nForce3 system.

Isokarhu,

Are you trying it on x86 or x64 Win7?

Posted 01/13/2009 05:03 PM   
Same problem with a Nforce 2 board. Hopefully Nvidia will write some new drivers for Windows 7. The computer I put Windows 7 on is plenty hardware wise to run it, I just need the drivers.
Same problem with a Nforce 2 board. Hopefully Nvidia will write some new drivers for Windows 7. The computer I put Windows 7 on is plenty hardware wise to run it, I just need the drivers.

Posted 01/13/2009 05:14 PM   
[quote name='Grimrod' post='490544' date='Jan 13 2009, 05:14 PM']Same problem with a Nforce 2 board. Hopefully Nvidia will write some new drivers for Windows 7. The computer I put Windows 7 on is plenty hardware wise to run it, I just need the drivers.[/quote]
isnt going to happen
[quote name='Grimrod' post='490544' date='Jan 13 2009, 05:14 PM']Same problem with a Nforce 2 board. Hopefully Nvidia will write some new drivers for Windows 7. The computer I put Windows 7 on is plenty hardware wise to run it, I just need the drivers.

isnt going to happen

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 01/13/2009 07:03 PM   
If you are trying Win7 32-bit (x86), then give these WHQL Vista drivers a try. These SMBUS drivers are Vista WHQL for all nForce chipsets and the Vista WHQL ethernet driver is WHQL for all NAM Gigabit controller starting with NF2 and up.

[url="http://cid-d615883081a9d7ea.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public?authkey=Q1CVxx5v2vY%24"]http://cid-d615883081a9d7ea.skydrive.live....=Q1CVxx5v2vY%24[/url]
If you are trying Win7 32-bit (x86), then give these WHQL Vista drivers a try. These SMBUS drivers are Vista WHQL for all nForce chipsets and the Vista WHQL ethernet driver is WHQL for all NAM Gigabit controller starting with NF2 and up.

http://cid-d615883081a9d7ea.skydrive.live....=Q1CVxx5v2vY%24

Posted 01/13/2009 07:24 PM   
[quote name='droopy1592' post='488237' date='Jan 8 2009, 04:12 PM']We all know about the crap nvidia gave us concerning drivers for vista with nforce3. With all of the speed everyone is talking about I'm wondering if microsoft took a step back and took a lot of vista out of windows 7.

anyone tried the beta w/ nforce3?[/quote]

I've been running an ECS Nforce 3-A with Windows 7 for a couple of days just to play around. I've had some issues coming starting back up from sleep losing the graphics for some reason (ATI 9600 board with latest Catalyst drivers), but once I set it to not sleep it seems fine just running mostly the drivers built into 7.

Problems:
[list]
[*]It's having a problem doing automatic backups to my WHS box, but I can manually force backups.
[*]The wireless network connection seems a bit weak vs when it was on XP. It seems to report a lower signal on the 5ghz band and always seems to default to the 2.4 ghz band which never happened in XP. Not sure this is related to Windows 7 or not, it's just odd. (dual band D-Link router and USB NIC)
[*]Most annoyingly is I haven't quite gotten the Realtek ac97 sound issues worked out. Windows 7 updated the driver, but it's already "lost" the card once during operation and kept me from being able to watch TV through Media Center until I reinstalled the driver, but even when I have sound it's very crackly. I'll work on that a bit.
[/list]

But it's definitely worth a shot if you just want to try it. I have not tried to install any specific Nvidia drivers at all for the chipset, but have just used what's in W7.
[quote name='droopy1592' post='488237' date='Jan 8 2009, 04:12 PM']We all know about the crap nvidia gave us concerning drivers for vista with nforce3. With all of the speed everyone is talking about I'm wondering if microsoft took a step back and took a lot of vista out of windows 7.

I've been running an ECS Nforce 3-A with Windows 7 for a couple of days just to play around. I've had some issues coming starting back up from sleep losing the graphics for some reason (ATI 9600 board with latest Catalyst drivers), but once I set it to not sleep it seems fine just running mostly the drivers built into 7.

Problems:

• It's having a problem doing automatic backups to my WHS box, but I can manually force backups.
  • The wireless network connection seems a bit weak vs when it was on XP. It seems to report a lower signal on the 5ghz band and always seems to default to the 2.4 ghz band which never happened in XP. Not sure this is related to Windows 7 or not, it's just odd. (dual band D-Link router and USB NIC)
  • Most annoyingly is I haven't quite gotten the Realtek ac97 sound issues worked out. Windows 7 updated the driver, but it's already "lost" the card once during operation and kept me from being able to watch TV through Media Center until I reinstalled the driver, but even when I have sound it's very crackly. I'll work on that a bit.

But it's definitely worth a shot if you just want to try it. I have not tried to install any specific Nvidia drivers at all for the chipset, but have just used what's in W7.

Posted 01/14/2009 03:36 AM   
[quote name='d2thez' post='490607' date='Jan 13 2009, 02:24 PM']If you are trying Win7 32-bit (x86), then give these WHQL Vista drivers a try. These SMBUS drivers are Vista WHQL for all nForce chipsets and the Vista WHQL ethernet driver is WHQL for all NAM Gigabit controller starting with NF2 and up.

[url="http://cid-d615883081a9d7ea.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public?authkey=Q1CVxx5v2vY%24"]http://cid-d615883081a9d7ea.skydrive.live....=Q1CVxx5v2vY%24[/url][/quote]

Ah yes sorry, I did go for 32 bit, since that's what version of vista I had already working. I will give these a shot when I get home. =)
[quote name='d2thez' post='490607' date='Jan 13 2009, 02:24 PM']If you are trying Win7 32-bit (x86), then give these WHQL Vista drivers a try. These SMBUS drivers are Vista WHQL for all nForce chipsets and the Vista WHQL ethernet driver is WHQL for all NAM Gigabit controller starting with NF2 and up.

Ah yes sorry, I did go for 32 bit, since that's what version of vista I had already working. I will give these a shot when I get home. =)

Posted 01/14/2009 10:34 PM   
[quote name='d2thez' post='490607' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:24 AM']If you are trying Win7 32-bit (x86), then give these WHQL Vista drivers a try. These SMBUS drivers are Vista WHQL for all nForce chipsets and the Vista WHQL ethernet driver is WHQL for all NAM Gigabit controller starting with NF2 and up.

[url="http://cid-d615883081a9d7ea.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Public?authkey=Q1CVxx5v2vY%24"]http://cid-d615883081a9d7ea.skydrive.live....=Q1CVxx5v2vY%24[/url][/quote]
These drivers worked for me, and I just registered an account to thank you! You've saved me from pulling out my hair, which is especially great because I can't spare any. Thanks again!
[quote name='d2thez' post='490607' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:24 AM']If you are trying Win7 32-bit (x86), then give these WHQL Vista drivers a try. These SMBUS drivers are Vista WHQL for all nForce chipsets and the Vista WHQL ethernet driver is WHQL for all NAM Gigabit controller starting with NF2 and up.

These drivers worked for me, and I just registered an account to thank you! You've saved me from pulling out my hair, which is especially great because I can't spare any. Thanks again!

Posted 01/16/2009 04:39 AM   
[quote name='amishler' post='491926' date='Jan 16 2009, 02:39 PM']These drivers worked for me, and I just registered an account to thank you! You've saved me from pulling out my hair, which is especially great because I can't spare any. Thanks again![/quote]

I managed to install the drivers recommended in this thread but I'm still having some problems. The device installs properly with said drivers but comes up with Limited Connectivity in the network center. Any ideas as to what's going wrong here?

Thanks,

Matt.
[quote name='amishler' post='491926' date='Jan 16 2009, 02:39 PM']These drivers worked for me, and I just registered an account to thank you! You've saved me from pulling out my hair, which is especially great because I can't spare any. Thanks again!

I managed to install the drivers recommended in this thread but I'm still having some problems. The device installs properly with said drivers but comes up with Limited Connectivity in the network center. Any ideas as to what's going wrong here?

Thanks,

Matt.

Posted 01/20/2009 05:02 AM   
I have an MSI K8N Neo Platinum mobo that utilizes the nforce 3 chipset. I got windows 7 32bit to install and run, but I cannot connect to the internet. I know that it uses a gigabit ethernet nic, but I need drivers for it. The drivers I saw in post #9 did not seem to work. It contained 2 separate folders, one with the SMSbus, and other the gigabit, but how do I install everything located in the folder? I have attempted to run the application utility within it, but it seems to be an uninstaller, not an installer. I went into the device manager, but the NIC doesn't even show up in there, so the option of finding it, and then updated the driver, and using the folder wont work.

I just need the ethernet to work. Any help would be appreciated.
I have an MSI K8N Neo Platinum mobo that utilizes the nforce 3 chipset. I got windows 7 32bit to install and run, but I cannot connect to the internet. I know that it uses a gigabit ethernet nic, but I need drivers for it. The drivers I saw in post #9 did not seem to work. It contained 2 separate folders, one with the SMSbus, and other the gigabit, but how do I install everything located in the folder? I have attempted to run the application utility within it, but it seems to be an uninstaller, not an installer. I went into the device manager, but the NIC doesn't even show up in there, so the option of finding it, and then updated the driver, and using the folder wont work.

I just need the ethernet to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted 01/21/2009 02:07 AM   
[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32bit_beta1.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32bit_beta1.html[/url]
This is another nforce3 vista driver. Maybe you can take a try.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_32bit_beta1.html

This is another nforce3 vista driver. Maybe you can take a try.

Posted 01/24/2009 11:45 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top