nvidia nforce PCI system management Driver missing
I just used driver agent to check if all my drivers are upto date but it reports that nvidia nforce PCI system management driver is bad, i check and i actully do not have driver installed, I have installed the driver package 5.10 that nvidia gives out. But it dont install this driver in question.

Anyone got any tips thankyou in advance
I just used driver agent to check if all my drivers are upto date but it reports that nvidia nforce PCI system management driver is bad, i check and i actully do not have driver installed, I have installed the driver package 5.10 that nvidia gives out. But it dont install this driver in question.

Anyone got any tips thankyou in advance

Posted 01/04/2009 12:28 PM   
Is your system working? As I find it incredulous to believe that a necessary driver has gone AWOL and due to using a driver agent, you just realized it.

BTW, several people have been thru here after having used Driver Agents looking for driver versions that were not packaged for their boards. The fastest way to screw up a system is believe that everything is working but a program tells you something so you are determined to destroy a working system for a free program that is not responsible for the harm it may cause.

What Motherboard?
What Chipset?
What Operating System?

I want to know, What the Name and Version of the Driver is that DRIVER AGENT has stated your missing.
I want a SCREEN SHOT showing the Ststem > Device Manager > System > PCI BUS and the PCI Manager:
[attachment=10599:PCIBus.JPG][attachment=10600:PCI_Manager.J
PG]

then Click on the DRIVER DETAILS of the PCI MANAGEMENT:

[attachment=10601:PCI_Driver.JPG]

Cause Mine does not need a DRIVER loaded.
Is your system working? As I find it incredulous to believe that a necessary driver has gone AWOL and due to using a driver agent, you just realized it.

BTW, several people have been thru here after having used Driver Agents looking for driver versions that were not packaged for their boards. The fastest way to screw up a system is believe that everything is working but a program tells you something so you are determined to destroy a working system for a free program that is not responsible for the harm it may cause.

What Motherboard?

What Chipset?

What Operating System?

I want to know, What the Name and Version of the Driver is that DRIVER AGENT has stated your missing.

I want a SCREEN SHOT showing the Ststem > Device Manager > System > PCI BUS and the PCI Manager:

[attachment=10599:PCIBus.JPG][attachment=10600:PCI_Manager.J

PG]

then Click on the DRIVER DETAILS of the PCI MANAGEMENT:

[attachment=10601:PCI_Driver.JPG]

Cause Mine does not need a DRIVER loaded.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 01/04/2009 01:28 PM   
Hi Greybear,

i'm a little bit in the same case than Scubacus.

I have this Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-K8N Ultra-9 nVidia nForce4 Ultra
and Windows Vista Ultima 32 bit.

I have Driver Genius Professional Edition.
Looks like [b]2 system devices[/b] are out of date :
[b]- NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management
- nForce hyperTransport Bridge[/b]

For [b]NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management[/b], i have this version installed : 4.6.9
For [b]nForce hyperTransport Bridge[/b], i have this version installed : 5.1.2600.0469

For [b]NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management[/b], new version is (From Driver Genius) : [b][color="#FF0000"]20.08[/color][/b]
For [b]nForce hyperTransport Bridge[/b], new version is (From Driver Genius) : [b][color="#FF0000"]20.08[/color][/b]

It looks strange. So i have downloaded the lastest NVIDIA driver pack which filename is [b]nvidia_nforce_20.08_vista32[/b] .
And tried a manual installation since device manager. All was ok.
After system restarts, device manager shows that nothing has changed. I still have the "old" drivers.
But maybe my system is updated and it's more Driver Genius who is not reliable. I don't know. What do you think ?

Thanks a lot,

Barry
Hi Greybear,

i'm a little bit in the same case than Scubacus.

I have this Motherboard : GIGABYTE GA-K8N Ultra-9 nVidia nForce4 Ultra

and Windows Vista Ultima 32 bit.

I have Driver Genius Professional Edition.

Looks like 2 system devices are out of date :

- NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management

- nForce hyperTransport Bridge

For NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management, i have this version installed : 4.6.9

For nForce hyperTransport Bridge, i have this version installed : 5.1.2600.0469

For NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management, new version is (From Driver Genius) : 20.08

For nForce hyperTransport Bridge, new version is (From Driver Genius) : 20.08

It looks strange. So i have downloaded the lastest NVIDIA driver pack which filename is nvidia_nforce_20.08_vista32 .

And tried a manual installation since device manager. All was ok.

After system restarts, device manager shows that nothing has changed. I still have the "old" drivers.

But maybe my system is updated and it's more Driver Genius who is not reliable. I don't know. What do you think ?

Thanks a lot,

Barry

Posted 02/09/2009 02:18 PM   
I play by a "If it aint broken, then what are you fixing" theory.

Driver Genius and a few other sites are easily fallible and have even sent people here trying to do a piece meal install of driver that they say are out of date.

Your best bet is to ditch the program and call it good, before it leads to an issue. I would also suggest not letting Microsoft Donwload and Update your DRIVERS. Only time Driver programs are worth anything is when your having an issue and it can help point to what drivers you need that could be causing the problem. Problem being the key word.

Also, some of the driver packages are the same drivers from previous packs just repacked with 1 or two newer drivers for different devices. So, that could be why its the same as your previous, or Windows already updated.
I play by a "If it aint broken, then what are you fixing" theory.

Driver Genius and a few other sites are easily fallible and have even sent people here trying to do a piece meal install of driver that they say are out of date.

Your best bet is to ditch the program and call it good, before it leads to an issue. I would also suggest not letting Microsoft Donwload and Update your DRIVERS. Only time Driver programs are worth anything is when your having an issue and it can help point to what drivers you need that could be causing the problem. Problem being the key word.

Also, some of the driver packages are the same drivers from previous packs just repacked with 1 or two newer drivers for different devices. So, that could be why its the same as your previous, or Windows already updated.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 02/09/2009 02:30 PM   
[quote name='Greybear' post='503271' date='Feb 9 2009, 03:30 PM']I play by a "If it aint broken, then what are you fixing" theory.

Also, some of the driver packages are the same drivers from previous packs just repacked with 1 or two newer drivers for different devices. So, that could be why its the same as your previous, or Windows already updated.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, Greybear, that's what i thought too.
[quote name='Greybear' post='503271' date='Feb 9 2009, 03:30 PM']I play by a "If it aint broken, then what are you fixing" theory.

Thanks for your reply, Greybear, that's what i thought too.

Posted 02/09/2009 04:40 PM   
Scroll To Top