nvstor32.sys BSOD Help Please.
Running an 8800GTX on a Dell XPS, tried to play Everquest 2 today after boot up and got a BSOD with the following error(Some of it is missing as prior to this I had system settings still set to automatically restart after BSOD so no dump flie yet and no end to the error):

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x00000014, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80725526)

nvstor32.sys - Address something something ... here's where it shut down and hasn't happened again after the second time(second BSoD was during a full system scan by PCcillin, thinking it was virus related), computer's been running fine now for about 6 hours, can even play Everquest 2 again, but I'm understandably paranoid about the whole thing happening again. I've gotten advice that this is an Nvidia problem and I should update/reload drivers but I'm not entirely sure which drivers to get, and where. Cause I know nvidia drivers don't always fix what's wrong and sometimes make things work. Any ideas? I can post my dxdiag stuff if needed as well.
Running an 8800GTX on a Dell XPS, tried to play Everquest 2 today after boot up and got a BSOD with the following error(Some of it is missing as prior to this I had system settings still set to automatically restart after BSOD so no dump flie yet and no end to the error):

STOP 0x000000D1 (0x00000014, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x80725526)

nvstor32.sys - Address something something ... here's where it shut down and hasn't happened again after the second time(second BSoD was during a full system scan by PCcillin, thinking it was virus related), computer's been running fine now for about 6 hours, can even play Everquest 2 again, but I'm understandably paranoid about the whole thing happening again. I've gotten advice that this is an Nvidia problem and I should update/reload drivers but I'm not entirely sure which drivers to get, and where. Cause I know nvidia drivers don't always fix what's wrong and sometimes make things work. Any ideas? I can post my dxdiag stuff if needed as well.

Posted 11/22/2008 01:18 AM   
Scroll To Top