ageia physx update for GRAW2
Hi there,

New here and not entirely sure if I'm in the right place. I have Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (and GRAW) installed on my machine. I recently tried to initiate it to play and it came up with the following message:

Crash in application version: 29980.2562

GRAW2 requires an up to date version of Ageia PhysX and associated DLLs. Please install latest PhysX runtime.

Renderer: threaded
Physics : threaded

I'm running an ASUS EN8800GTS 320MB graphics card and have tried updating the drivers from nvidia but the message still comes up when trying to start the game.

Am I just stupid or is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Would appreciate any help that could be offered

Cheers Trev
Hi there,

New here and not entirely sure if I'm in the right place. I have Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (and GRAW) installed on my machine. I recently tried to initiate it to play and it came up with the following message:

Crash in application version: 29980.2562

GRAW2 requires an up to date version of Ageia PhysX and associated DLLs. Please install latest PhysX runtime.

Renderer: threaded

Physics : threaded

I'm running an ASUS EN8800GTS 320MB graphics card and have tried updating the drivers from nvidia but the message still comes up when trying to start the game.

Am I just stupid or is there something that I'm doing wrong?

Would appreciate any help that could be offered

Cheers Trev

Posted 11/21/2008 08:59 PM   
Win xp sp3
AMD Opteron 185 dual core
Asus A8n e sli
2x8800gts 320

I don't get an error message but I believe GRAW 2 is broken with Physx. I get unplayable FPS. GRAW 1 is fine with it though. I've read other people can't run GRAW 2 with Physx either. I make sure PhysX is disabled before I play GRAW 2. I hope that helps your problem.
Win xp sp3

AMD Opteron 185 dual core

Asus A8n e sli

2x8800gts 320

I don't get an error message but I believe GRAW 2 is broken with Physx. I get unplayable FPS. GRAW 1 is fine with it though. I've read other people can't run GRAW 2 with Physx either. I make sure PhysX is disabled before I play GRAW 2. I hope that helps your problem.

Posted 11/22/2008 02:22 PM   
To play either of these games with physx running as well at a decent framerate of 28 fps or above, it would require that you get a GTX 200 series card or an Ageia PhysX card.

But under settings in GRAW2, you have the options between normal ([i]software[/i]), physx or physx extreme, for now, if you want to play GRAW2, just play with software physics, you won't get any of the extra physical interaction capabilities but you'll survive. If you're not looking to upgrade to a GTX 200 series card ([i]whether it'd be too expensive[/i]), a cheaper alternative would be to get the [post="0"]AGEIA PhysX card[/post], which now run around $90 ([i]or less if you shop around[/i]) rather than spending $250 for a new [post="0"]GTX 200 card[/post].

[img]http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Sources/G/Gainward%208600GT%20PCX%20512MB/Images/Logos/graw2_3.jpg[/img]

But keep in mind if you do have a PhysX card, you'd be able to run GRAW2 with PhysX, but the PhysX extreme is a whole higher level of physics demand and your PhysX card would have trouble chewing on that ([i]unless you played the game at a lower resolution and graphics setting[/i]). To play in PhysX Extreme, you would be better off getting a GTX 200 series card.
To play either of these games with physx running as well at a decent framerate of 28 fps or above, it would require that you get a GTX 200 series card or an Ageia PhysX card.

But under settings in GRAW2, you have the options between normal (software), physx or physx extreme, for now, if you want to play GRAW2, just play with software physics, you won't get any of the extra physical interaction capabilities but you'll survive. If you're not looking to upgrade to a GTX 200 series card (whether it'd be too expensive), a cheaper alternative would be to get the [post="0"]AGEIA PhysX card[/post], which now run around $90 (or less if you shop around) rather than spending $250 for a new [post="0"]GTX 200 card[/post].

But keep in mind if you do have a PhysX card, you'd be able to run GRAW2 with PhysX, but the PhysX extreme is a whole higher level of physics demand and your PhysX card would have trouble chewing on that (unless you played the game at a lower resolution and graphics setting). To play in PhysX Extreme, you would be better off getting a GTX 200 series card.

Posted 12/23/2008 06:20 PM   
Scroll To Top