nForce 680i SLI audio drivers
A customer brought us a custom built machine that has this board in it - everything is back up and running fine except there are no audio drivers to be found for the HD audio on XP. I have downloaded so many that sy they will work but it never actually installs. Does anyone know where to get the audio drivers for this board - nForce 601i SLI.

Thanks
A customer brought us a custom built machine that has this board in it - everything is back up and running fine except there are no audio drivers to be found for the HD audio on XP. I have downloaded so many that sy they will work but it never actually installs. Does anyone know where to get the audio drivers for this board - nForce 601i SLI.

Thanks

Posted 11/19/2008 04:09 PM   
Which Board do you have, there are a ton of manufacturers using the nForce 680i.

I assume they can pair it with any number of onboard sound chips.
Which Board do you have, there are a ton of manufacturers using the nForce 680i.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 11/19/2008 11:48 PM   
EVGA and the download from their site is the same as Nvidia - no audio driver. I know I am missing something and I have been so tunnel visioned on this one - never had this much trouble before.

thanks

[quote name='Greybear' post='465770' date='Nov 20 2008, 12:48 AM']Which Board do you have, there are a ton of manufacturers using the nForce 680i.

I assume they can pair it with any number of onboard sound chips.[/quote]
EVGA and the download from their site is the same as Nvidia - no audio driver. I know I am missing something and I have been so tunnel visioned on this one - never had this much trouble before.

thanks

[quote name='Greybear' post='465770' date='Nov 20 2008, 12:48 AM']Which Board do you have, there are a ton of manufacturers using the nForce 680i.

Posted 11/20/2008 05:14 PM   
Thanks for the thoughts - it got me in the right direction and i was able to find the Realtek HD audio driver. Thanks so much!!!!!!!

[quote name='iamagoddess' post='466124' date='Nov 20 2008, 06:14 PM']EVGA and the download from their site is the same as Nvidia - no audio driver. I know I am missing something and I have been so tunnel visioned on this one - never had this much trouble before.

thanks[/quote]
Thanks for the thoughts - it got me in the right direction and i was able to find the Realtek HD audio driver. Thanks so much!!!!!!!

[quote name='iamagoddess' post='466124' date='Nov 20 2008, 06:14 PM']EVGA and the download from their site is the same as Nvidia - no audio driver. I know I am missing something and I have been so tunnel visioned on this one - never had this much trouble before.

thanks

Posted 11/20/2008 06:54 PM   
Way cool, same chip Im using.

RealTek updates the drivere often, so keep checking back if you have any anomolies as they might be fixed in the next version.
Way cool, same chip Im using.

RealTek updates the drivere often, so keep checking back if you have any anomolies as they might be fixed in the next version.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 11/20/2008 10:29 PM   
Scroll To Top