Shutter Glasses
Hi,
I want to purchase a powerful graphics card and was about to get a GeForce GTX 280.

I was going to use this card with the Zalman monitor but wanted support for stereo shutter glasses. After a bit of reading it seems this may not be possible. What cards support stereo shutter glasses. If the 280 doesn't support this what if any is the equivalent in power and performance to the GTX 280 with stereo support?

Thanks very much for your help,

Tim
Hi,

I want to purchase a powerful graphics card and was about to get a GeForce GTX 280.

I was going to use this card with the Zalman monitor but wanted support for stereo shutter glasses. After a bit of reading it seems this may not be possible. What cards support stereo shutter glasses. If the 280 doesn't support this what if any is the equivalent in power and performance to the GTX 280 with stereo support?

Tim

Posted 11/06/2008 12:16 PM   
[quote name='TRC' post='460635' date='Nov 6 2008, 04:16 AM']Hi,

Tim[/quote]

From what I,ve seen Only some Large screen DLP from Japan and LCD from Viewsonic have the link for the glasses!

GOD! I had these years ago (early 90's,they bombed! came with my Video card,I STILL have a couple of glasses around! Each eye piece is a phased LCD glass lens,when you put a small voltage into the glass lens it will go dark,look at a 3D picture in phase and you will get a 3 D effect.

ALL the glasses do is link with the video display and each eye glass is controlled by switching them on and off via the link at the right time!

ALL this is ,is a ploy to get you to buy a new DLP LARGE screen Display with the GLASSES,or a ViewSonic LCD display,with glasses! Before the glasses were controlled via the video card,which I would have prefured...WHY go out and BUY a new DISPLAY. NOBODY is in this Economy is going to at what they cost! Cannot afford it!
WHY not the Video card! Was done that way before!So why not now!

By the way I have the EVGA GTS-280... LOVE IT! But be aware,there is something different if you run TWO screens,when it boots only the PRIMARY display will turn on,you activate the other when you get into XP or Vista,It comes up with a wizard that sets it up! if you don,t get the wizard then download the addon stuff from Nvidia's download!
[quote name='TRC' post='460635' date='Nov 6 2008, 04:16 AM']Hi,

Tim

From what I,ve seen Only some Large screen DLP from Japan and LCD from Viewsonic have the link for the glasses!

GOD! I had these years ago (early 90's,they bombed! came with my Video card,I STILL have a couple of glasses around! Each eye piece is a phased LCD glass lens,when you put a small voltage into the glass lens it will go dark,look at a 3D picture in phase and you will get a 3 D effect.

ALL the glasses do is link with the video display and each eye glass is controlled by switching them on and off via the link at the right time!

ALL this is ,is a ploy to get you to buy a new DLP LARGE screen Display with the GLASSES,or a ViewSonic LCD display,with glasses! Before the glasses were controlled via the video card,which I would have prefured...WHY go out and BUY a new DISPLAY. NOBODY is in this Economy is going to at what they cost! Cannot afford it!

WHY not the Video card! Was done that way before!So why not now!

By the way I have the EVGA GTS-280... LOVE IT! But be aware,there is something different if you run TWO screens,when it boots only the PRIMARY display will turn on,you activate the other when you get into XP or Vista,It comes up with a wizard that sets it up! if you don,t get the wizard then download the addon stuff from Nvidia's download!

Posted 11/06/2008 03:04 PM   
I think somewhere in the range of 4 series to 7 series works, and I think you need Vista for 8 series+ to work well.
I think somewhere in the range of 4 series to 7 series works, and I think you need Vista for 8 series+ to work well.

Posted 11/30/2008 10:57 AM   
[quote name='Knightofthe21stcentury' post='470515' date='Nov 30 2008, 01:27 AM']I think somewhere in the range of 4 series to 7 series works, and I think you need Vista for 8 series+ to work well.[/quote]

8800GTX works well now in 3D Stereo with older LCD shutter glasses, Forceware 180.43, and 162.50 Stereo drivers in XP, with CRT multi-monitors even. Haven't tested 280-series or latest 180 drivers yet though.

Vista SuX because of the proprietary BS drivers for 3D, general flakiness, and lame lack of multi-monitor support.

Don't support hardware OR software that doesn't support YOU.
[quote name='Knightofthe21stcentury' post='470515' date='Nov 30 2008, 01:27 AM']I think somewhere in the range of 4 series to 7 series works, and I think you need Vista for 8 series+ to work well.

8800GTX works well now in 3D Stereo with older LCD shutter glasses, Forceware 180.43, and 162.50 Stereo drivers in XP, with CRT multi-monitors even. Haven't tested 280-series or latest 180 drivers yet though.

Vista SuX because of the proprietary BS drivers for 3D, general flakiness, and lame lack of multi-monitor support.

Don't support hardware OR software that doesn't support YOU.

Posted 12/05/2008 08:23 AM   
Scroll To Top