PhysX
Under 180.43, does anyone know how to make sure the system is using an installed Ageia card? They switched control over to Nvidia CP, but all you get is an enabled or disabled option. The old separate PhysX control panel has everything grayed out and only gives you a link to open up the CP. If the system is automatically determining I have a PhysX card that's fine but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm or deny that is happening.
Under 180.43, does anyone know how to make sure the system is using an installed Ageia card? They switched control over to Nvidia CP, but all you get is an enabled or disabled option. The old separate PhysX control panel has everything grayed out and only gives you a link to open up the CP. If the system is automatically determining I have a PhysX card that's fine but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm or deny that is happening.

Posted 11/05/2008 08:36 PM   
bump
bump

Posted 11/06/2008 12:16 AM   
Turning the AGEIA on and off hasn't changed. It's still under NVIDIA Corporation => NVIDIA PhysX Properties on the Start Menu.

And this release actually picks up on the Athena through the GeForce install. Before, I would have to uninstall the GeForce PhysX and install the stand-alone package just to get it to recognize its existence. But everything's as it should be finally...
Turning the AGEIA on and off hasn't changed. It's still under NVIDIA Corporation => NVIDIA PhysX Properties on the Start Menu.

And this release actually picks up on the Athena through the GeForce install. Before, I would have to uninstall the GeForce PhysX and install the stand-alone package just to get it to recognize its existence. But everything's as it should be finally...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 970 3-Way SLI | 16 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\) | 2x 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData) | 2x 240 GB Intel Dale Crest SSDs in SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSD (Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BE14NU20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 788 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 11/06/2008 12:28 PM   
Jaafaman!!!!! Waz up man? Long time no see. Get all situated in a new place to dwell?
Jaafaman!!!!! Waz up man? Long time no see. Get all situated in a new place to dwell?

Posted 11/06/2008 12:37 PM   
[quote name='jaafaman' post='460637' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:28 AM']Turning the AGEIA on and off hasn't changed. It's still under NVIDIA Corporation => NVIDIA PhysX Properties on the Start Menu.

And this release actually picks up on the Athena through the GeForce install. Before, I would have to uninstall the GeForce PhysX and install the stand-alone package just to get it to recognize its existence. But everything's as it should be finally...[/quote]
Maybe my Ageia drivers are messed up then. As I said, I still have the Start menu access to the PhysX Properties. However, every option in there is useless (as in greyed out...as in can't select anything) except the one that links me to the Nvidia CP where the only PhysX option I get is enabling or disabling PhysX. I guess I'll try reinstalling the stand alone PhysX drivers.
[quote name='jaafaman' post='460637' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:28 AM']Turning the AGEIA on and off hasn't changed. It's still under NVIDIA Corporation => NVIDIA PhysX Properties on the Start Menu.

Maybe my Ageia drivers are messed up then. As I said, I still have the Start menu access to the PhysX Properties. However, every option in there is useless (as in greyed out...as in can't select anything) except the one that links me to the Nvidia CP where the only PhysX option I get is enabling or disabling PhysX. I guess I'll try reinstalling the stand alone PhysX drivers.

Posted 11/06/2008 04:53 PM   
Now this is interesting. I just installed the stand alone PhysX drivers. As it so happens, they are an older version compared to the ones that installed with the 180.43 driver. Now my options are back but it leads me to another question. Should I disable the option in NV CP? The option there reads something like enable GPU PhysX? Is it possible that by enabling Ageia in the Start Menu and this option in the CP that I've made both the Ageia and my 8800GTX do PhysX calculations. Because that seems wasted to me.
Now this is interesting. I just installed the stand alone PhysX drivers. As it so happens, they are an older version compared to the ones that installed with the 180.43 driver. Now my options are back but it leads me to another question. Should I disable the option in NV CP? The option there reads something like enable GPU PhysX? Is it possible that by enabling Ageia in the Start Menu and this option in the CP that I've made both the Ageia and my 8800GTX do PhysX calculations. Because that seems wasted to me.

Posted 11/06/2008 05:06 PM   
Ahh - you must be using XP then. Mea culpa. The need to reinstall still exists there apparently, as I just installed 180.43 to my XP boot to confirm.

You can get a stand-alone package at Tweakforce.com for the ver 10. The "official" release for the full-blown "Big Bang" drivers is, I believe, in the middle of nVidia's next conference this month - the 17th or so - but I'm not sure what this means for XP.

And I personally have disabled GPU PhysX. Although the CUDA version gives great bench, its in-game performance seems to lag the Athena's...
Ahh - you must be using XP then. Mea culpa. The need to reinstall still exists there apparently, as I just installed 180.43 to my XP boot to confirm.

You can get a stand-alone package at Tweakforce.com for the ver 10. The "official" release for the full-blown "Big Bang" drivers is, I believe, in the middle of nVidia's next conference this month - the 17th or so - but I'm not sure what this means for XP.

And I personally have disabled GPU PhysX. Although the CUDA version gives great bench, its in-game performance seems to lag the Athena's...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 970 3-Way SLI | 16 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\) | 2x 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData) | 2x 240 GB Intel Dale Crest SSDs in SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSD (Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BE14NU20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 788 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 11/06/2008 05:39 PM   
[quote name='Hexen525' post='460640' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:37 AM']Jaafaman!!!!! Waz up man? Long time no see. Get all situated in a new place to dwell?[/quote]
Naw - the job market here's totally crushed. This is 20 minutes away from the "Carpet Capital of the World", and among other failed/failing industries right now we just had a huge influx of unemployed carpet makers. No new homes or major refurbs means no carpet sold.

Still working on getting back into classes to get full credentials and move to where the real jobs are...
[quote name='Hexen525' post='460640' date='Nov 6 2008, 07:37 AM']Jaafaman!!!!! Waz up man? Long time no see. Get all situated in a new place to dwell?

Naw - the job market here's totally crushed. This is 20 minutes away from the "Carpet Capital of the World", and among other failed/failing industries right now we just had a huge influx of unemployed carpet makers. No new homes or major refurbs means no carpet sold.

Still working on getting back into classes to get full credentials and move to where the real jobs are...

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 11/06/2008 05:42 PM   
[quote name='jaafaman' post='460735' date='Nov 6 2008, 12:39 PM']Ahh - you must be using XP then. Mea culpa. The need to reinstall still exists there apparently, as I just installed 180.43 to my XP boot to confirm.

And I personally have disabled GPU PhysX. Although the CUDA version gives great bench, its in-game performance seems to lag the Athena's...[/quote]
Well, I'm actually using 32-bit Vista so I'm not sure what happened there. Anyway, you keep referring to this thing called Athena...do you mean my Ageia PhysX card?
[quote name='jaafaman' post='460735' date='Nov 6 2008, 12:39 PM']Ahh - you must be using XP then. Mea culpa. The need to reinstall still exists there apparently, as I just installed 180.43 to my XP boot to confirm.

Well, I'm actually using 32-bit Vista so I'm not sure what happened there. Anyway, you keep referring to this thing called Athena...do you mean my Ageia PhysX card?

Posted 11/06/2008 08:39 PM   
[quote name='Jendrix' post='460796' date='Nov 6 2008, 03:39 PM']Well, I'm actually using 32-bit Vista so I'm not sure what happened there. Anyway, you keep referring to this thing called Athena...do you mean my Ageia PhysX card?[/quote]
AGEIA's name for the IC itself...
[quote name='Jendrix' post='460796' date='Nov 6 2008, 03:39 PM']Well, I'm actually using 32-bit Vista so I'm not sure what happened there. Anyway, you keep referring to this thing called Athena...do you mean my Ageia PhysX card?

AGEIA's name for the IC itself...

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 11/07/2008 02:12 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' post='460873' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:12 PM']AGEIA's name for the IC itself...[/quote]
Ah, sorry about the confusion.
[quote name='jaafaman' post='460873' date='Nov 6 2008, 09:12 PM']AGEIA's name for the IC itself...

Ah, sorry about the confusion.

Posted 11/07/2008 06:28 AM   
Scroll To Top