GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 Driver Update... where and how?
I'm spinning my wheels.

The Driver showin in the Device Manager for this card: [b]GeForce 2 MX/MX400[/b]
on my Dell Dimension 4400 bought in 2002 is: [b]Ver. 6.14.10.9361[/b]

Could someone just advise me or give me direction to where to update to the latest drivers so I can use my TV Out to connect to a Mitsubishi 55" RPTV?

Appreciate any help so I don't spend so much time Googling and coming to dead ends.

Thanks!

:)
I'm spinning my wheels.

The Driver showin in the Device Manager for this card: GeForce 2 MX/MX400

on my Dell Dimension 4400 bought in 2002 is: Ver. 6.14.10.9361

Could someone just advise me or give me direction to where to update to the latest drivers so I can use my TV Out to connect to a Mitsubishi 55" RPTV?

Appreciate any help so I don't spend so much time Googling and coming to dead ends.

Thanks!

Posted 10/17/2008 02:11 AM   
Take a look at laptopvideo2go.com - they offer drivers with modified .infs which install on mobile video cards...

The geforce 2 MX 400 is quite an oldie now though, so I'm not sure whether the latest driver set even supports that anymore and even if it says it does what effects really will installing it produce... but you can always try.

They have a driver archive - check that out and see if you can find drivers with Geforce 2 MX 400 support. I recommend looking/trying drivers around the 20.xx version range or thereabouts...

I used to have a GF2 MX 400 exactly, the desktop version, back in the day - and it owned. But it was so long ago that I was still using windows 98 I think at the time... and I remember I played the sims on it too lol. And Quake II... which rocked.

P.S. I looked at your info again and I'm kind of puzzled... I think you might have a driver set version 93.61... which is quite current (relatively - for your hardware - it's really about 2 years old I think). Sooo... does that not give you TV-Out support. It should... Do you have the nvidia control panel? It should have TV connection options there. Look in your control panel for "nvidia" or something, or right click on desktop, then properties then settings and there you should have nvidia tabs... it's been a while since I've seen the "old style" control panel now. I think 93.61 still had the oldschool one...
Take a look at laptopvideo2go.com - they offer drivers with modified .infs which install on mobile video cards...

The geforce 2 MX 400 is quite an oldie now though, so I'm not sure whether the latest driver set even supports that anymore and even if it says it does what effects really will installing it produce... but you can always try.

They have a driver archive - check that out and see if you can find drivers with Geforce 2 MX 400 support. I recommend looking/trying drivers around the 20.xx version range or thereabouts...

I used to have a GF2 MX 400 exactly, the desktop version, back in the day - and it owned. But it was so long ago that I was still using windows 98 I think at the time... and I remember I played the sims on it too lol. And Quake II... which rocked.

P.S. I looked at your info again and I'm kind of puzzled... I think you might have a driver set version 93.61... which is quite current (relatively - for your hardware - it's really about 2 years old I think). Sooo... does that not give you TV-Out support. It should... Do you have the nvidia control panel? It should have TV connection options there. Look in your control panel for "nvidia" or something, or right click on desktop, then properties then settings and there you should have nvidia tabs... it's been a while since I've seen the "old style" control panel now. I think 93.61 still had the oldschool one...

Posted 10/17/2008 02:48 AM   
[quote name='GeneL' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:11 PM']The Driver showin in the Device Manager for this card: [b]GeForce 2 MX/MX400[/b]
on my Dell Dimension 4400 bought in 2002 is: [b]Ver. 6.14.10.9361[/b][/quote]
Just went to:
[url="http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan"]http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan[/url]
and was shown:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Current
Installed Driver Recommended Driver
[b]NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 93.71 [/b]
[i][b]Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time[/b].[/i]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which differs from what my Device Manager said...
so, I suppose I have the latest Driver.

Any tips or advice appreciated.

I'm trying to hook my computer so I can view it on my TV and I get a blue screen with an error message and then I have to quit.

Thanks.

[quote name='GeneL' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:11 PM']The Driver showin in the Device Manager for this card: GeForce 2 MX/MX400

on my Dell Dimension 4400 bought in 2002 is: Ver. 6.14.10.9361

Just went to:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Scan

and was shown:

Product Current

Installed Driver Recommended Driver

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 93.71

Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

Which differs from what my Device Manager said...

so, I suppose I have the latest Driver.

Any tips or advice appreciated.

I'm trying to hook my computer so I can view it on my TV and I get a blue screen with an error message and then I have to quit.

Thanks.

Posted 10/17/2008 02:50 AM   
[quote name='HeatSurge' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:48 PM']Take a look at laptopvideo2go.com - they offer drivers with modified .infs which install on mobile video cards...[/quote]
Hey, thanks for your quick reply Surge, yeah it's an oldie alright but never had any problems with this dell or it's hardware and that's one reason I've kept it around so long.

Thanks again, I'll check out that site.

Gene
[quote name='HeatSurge' date='Oct 16 2008, 07:48 PM']Take a look at laptopvideo2go.com - they offer drivers with modified .infs which install on mobile video cards...

Hey, thanks for your quick reply Surge, yeah it's an oldie alright but never had any problems with this dell or it's hardware and that's one reason I've kept it around so long.

Thanks again, I'll check out that site.

Gene

Posted 10/17/2008 02:53 AM   
Scroll To Top