Problems with GeForce 7300 LE
I've been having some problems with my GeForce 7300 LE. My computer screen has these wierd lines of miscolored dashes that either remain stationary on picures and desktop screens, or flash within video files. They look kind of like perforations. For example, my desktop is an all black image, but there will be dashed lines of red that run through the black. The only thing that is not affected is .mov files played with the quicktime player. I'm running Windows XP with direct X 9.0c. I've uninstalled the drivers for the nvidia card, and as long as I don't reinstall them, the lines don't reappear ( of course, the windows VGA adapter doesn't work optimally for applications.) It doesn't matter which driver version I reinstall on the machine, I get the same problem. There is no error message given as I install the driver. I've run driver sweeper in safe mode, but that doesn't seem to help either. Any suggestions?
I've been having some problems with my GeForce 7300 LE. My computer screen has these wierd lines of miscolored dashes that either remain stationary on picures and desktop screens, or flash within video files. They look kind of like perforations. For example, my desktop is an all black image, but there will be dashed lines of red that run through the black. The only thing that is not affected is .mov files played with the quicktime player. I'm running Windows XP with direct X 9.0c. I've uninstalled the drivers for the nvidia card, and as long as I don't reinstall them, the lines don't reappear ( of course, the windows VGA adapter doesn't work optimally for applications.) It doesn't matter which driver version I reinstall on the machine, I get the same problem. There is no error message given as I install the driver. I've run driver sweeper in safe mode, but that doesn't seem to help either. Any suggestions?

Posted 10/05/2008 04:15 AM   
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:15 AM']I've been having some problems with my GeForce 7300 LE.  My computer screen has these wierd lines of miscolored dashes that either remain stationary on picures and desktop screens, or flash within video files.  They look kind of like perforations.  For example, my desktop is an all black image, but there will be dashed lines of red that run through the black. The only thing that is not affected is .mov files played with the quicktime player. I'm running Windows XP with direct X 9.0c.  I've uninstalled the drivers for the nvidia card, and as long as I don't reinstall them, the lines don't reappear ( of course, the windows VGA adapter doesn't work optimally for applications.)  It doesn't matter which driver version I reinstall on the machine, I get the same problem.  There is no error message given as I install the driver. I've run driver sweeper in safe mode, but that doesn't seem to help either. Any suggestions?
[right][snapback]447865[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Which versions have you tried?
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:15 AM']I've been having some problems with my GeForce 7300 LE.  My computer screen has these wierd lines of miscolored dashes that either remain stationary on picures and desktop screens, or flash within video files.  They look kind of like perforations.  For example, my desktop is an all black image, but there will be dashed lines of red that run through the black. The only thing that is not affected is .mov files played with the quicktime player. I'm running Windows XP with direct X 9.0c.  I've uninstalled the drivers for the nvidia card, and as long as I don't reinstall them, the lines don't reappear ( of course, the windows VGA adapter doesn't work optimally for applications.)  It doesn't matter which driver version I reinstall on the machine, I get the same problem.  There is no error message given as I install the driver. I've run driver sweeper in safe mode, but that doesn't seem to help either. Any suggestions?

[snapback]447865[/snapback]

Which versions have you tried?

Posted 10/05/2008 04:35 PM   
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:35 AM']Which versions have you tried?
[right][snapback]448035[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'v tried the latest version of the driver, 178.13.

I've also tried reinstalling the original driver that came with the dell PC, 128 driver version A01.
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:35 AM']Which versions have you tried?

[snapback]448035[/snapback]

I'v tried the latest version of the driver, 178.13.

I've also tried reinstalling the original driver that came with the dell PC, 128 driver version A01.

Posted 10/05/2008 04:44 PM   
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:44 PM']I'v tried the latest version of the driver, 178.13.

[right][snapback]448043[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Try the 93.71 or 94.24 drivers. They're the best for cards up to the 7 series.
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 5 2008, 01:44 PM']I'v tried the latest version of the driver, 178.13.

[snapback]448043[/snapback]

Try the 93.71 or 94.24 drivers. They're the best for cards up to the 7 series.

Posted 10/05/2008 04:47 PM   
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:47 AM']Try the 93.71 or 94.24 drivers. They're the best for cards up to the 7 series.
[right][snapback]448046[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for the assistance. Unforutnately, the problem still occurs regardless of the driver that I use. I tried different monitors just to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue along those lines.

When I uninstall/reinstall. I go into the add/remove programs and delete the nvidia drivers. Next I delete the NVIDIA folder from the computer. I then run driver sweeper for NVidia display. After rebooting the computer, I install the Nvidia drivers back. I've tried from normal reboot and from safe mode. I've also made sure that my antivirus software is not running.
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:47 AM']Try the 93.71 or 94.24 drivers. They're the best for cards up to the 7 series.

[snapback]448046[/snapback]

Thanks for the assistance. Unforutnately, the problem still occurs regardless of the driver that I use. I tried different monitors just to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue along those lines.

When I uninstall/reinstall. I go into the add/remove programs and delete the nvidia drivers. Next I delete the NVIDIA folder from the computer. I then run driver sweeper for NVidia display. After rebooting the computer, I install the Nvidia drivers back. I've tried from normal reboot and from safe mode. I've also made sure that my antivirus software is not running.

Posted 10/05/2008 07:10 PM   
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 5 2008, 04:10 PM']Thanks for the assistance.  Unforutnately, the problem still occurs regardless of the driver that I use.  I tried different monitors just to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue along those lines. 

When I uninstall/reinstall.  I go into the add/remove programs and delete the nvidia drivers. Next I delete the NVIDIA folder from the computer.  I then run driver sweeper for NVidia display.  After rebooting the computer, I install the Nvidia drivers back.  I've tried from normal reboot and from safe mode. I've also made sure that my antivirus software is not running.
[right][snapback]448111[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Is your card PCI-e or AGP?
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 5 2008, 04:10 PM']Thanks for the assistance.  Unforutnately, the problem still occurs regardless of the driver that I use.  I tried different monitors just to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue along those lines. 

When I uninstall/reinstall.  I go into the add/remove programs and delete the nvidia drivers. Next I delete the NVIDIA folder from the computer.  I then run driver sweeper for NVidia display.  After rebooting the computer, I install the Nvidia drivers back.  I've tried from normal reboot and from safe mode. I've also made sure that my antivirus software is not running.

[snapback]448111[/snapback]

Is your card PCI-e or AGP?

Posted 10/05/2008 08:57 PM   
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' date='Oct 5 2008, 12:57 PM']Is your card PCI-e or AGP?
[right][snapback]448148[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

PCI
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' date='Oct 5 2008, 12:57 PM']Is your card PCI-e or AGP?

[snapback]448148[/snapback]

PCI

Posted 10/06/2008 01:14 AM   
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:14 PM']PCI
[right][snapback]448234[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Do you have custom processing units enabled in RivaTuner? If yes, try disabling them. Check your power supply conector in the videoboard, if any.
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:14 PM']PCI

[snapback]448234[/snapback]

Do you have custom processing units enabled in RivaTuner? If yes, try disabling them. Check your power supply conector in the videoboard, if any.

Posted 10/06/2008 01:38 AM   
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' date='Oct 5 2008, 05:38 PM']Do you have custom processing units enabled in RivaTuner? If yes, try disabling them. Check your power supply conector in the videoboard, if any.
[right][snapback]448241[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There was no power supply, the video card just plugs into the PCI slot on the mother board. I don't have riva tuner installed on the computer, would it help?
[quote name='filipetolhuizen' date='Oct 5 2008, 05:38 PM']Do you have custom processing units enabled in RivaTuner? If yes, try disabling them. Check your power supply conector in the videoboard, if any.

[snapback]448241[/snapback]

There was no power supply, the video card just plugs into the PCI slot on the mother board. I don't have riva tuner installed on the computer, would it help?

Posted 10/06/2008 03:40 AM   
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:40 AM']There was no power supply, the video card just plugs into the PCI slot on the mother board.  I don't have riva tuner installed on the computer, would it help?
[right][snapback]448264[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You can try out RivaTuner to acess some hidden options. There is one there that may help: motherboard compatibility mode.
[quote name='zzeezz' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:40 AM']There was no power supply, the video card just plugs into the PCI slot on the mother board.  I don't have riva tuner installed on the computer, would it help?

[snapback]448264[/snapback]

You can try out RivaTuner to acess some hidden options. There is one there that may help: motherboard compatibility mode.

Posted 10/06/2008 03:48 AM   
Scroll To Top