Nvidia nForce networking controller doesnt work
I dunno whats the problem. I have computer which had NVidia nforce graphics card
i couldnt configure ethernet drivers that internet could work so i formatted the whole thing pulled out those stinky cards and installed fresh copy of win xp. now both nvidia cards are out i install ethernet controller thru device manager and it comes up with Nvidia nForce networking controller.
my lan is plugged and internet works just that fu*king net controller is driving me nuts. i download bunch of drivers and tried everything. now im stuck and internet doesnt work.
graphics card model is[b] visiontek 9600 256mb AGP[/b]
maybe i didnt get right drivers or im still missing something.
cuz it find hardware installs drivers but controller shows red X next to internet connection. im been messing with this thing for pretty long and i just dont get it what is actually wrong with dat. cuz i pluggin in ethernet cord and both green lights turn on. ask me Q if needed.

Nvidia nForce networking controller

to: admin- move my post if its not suppose to be here. thanx
I dunno whats the problem. I have computer which had NVidia nforce graphics card

i couldnt configure ethernet drivers that internet could work so i formatted the whole thing pulled out those stinky cards and installed fresh copy of win xp. now both nvidia cards are out i install ethernet controller thru device manager and it comes up with Nvidia nForce networking controller.

my lan is plugged and internet works just that fu*king net controller is driving me nuts. i download bunch of drivers and tried everything. now im stuck and internet doesnt work.

graphics card model is visiontek 9600 256mb AGP

maybe i didnt get right drivers or im still missing something.

cuz it find hardware installs drivers but controller shows red X next to internet connection. im been messing with this thing for pretty long and i just dont get it what is actually wrong with dat. cuz i pluggin in ethernet cord and both green lights turn on. ask me Q if needed.

Nvidia nForce networking controller

to: admin- move my post if its not suppose to be here. thanx

Posted 09/28/2008 02:16 AM   
Im lost.

You state that you got the Drivers to install and it works, but then in the same sentence you say it doesnt work.

DO NOT INSTALL 15.xx drivers.

Can you please list your hardware specs....

STINKY CARDS does not tell us anything.

If it working before you insert cards, but not after, it could be that 1 of the cards being used (either still in or just put in) is an older model card.
Im lost.

You state that you got the Drivers to install and it works, but then in the same sentence you say it doesnt work.

DO NOT INSTALL 15.xx drivers.

Can you please list your hardware specs....

STINKY CARDS does not tell us anything.

If it working before you insert cards, but not after, it could be that 1 of the cards being used (either still in or just put in) is an older model card.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 09/28/2008 02:51 AM   
ok it worked before as my friend said. he bought video card and installed drivers from a cd. now he reinstalled Windows and he couldnt get internet work. so he brought his pc to me. now from my point of view. everything works: device is working properly (graphics card) then there is ethernet card(Nvidia nForce networking controller) drivers were missing so i installed. Now when i plug in internet cable into that card both lights turn green indicating that it works. but if i goto network places it shows red X and says that there is no cable plugged in.
so obviuosly "Nvidia nForce networking controller" is not functionting that could only by caused by drivers. but it picks up drivers from winxpcd and from my drivers cd which has over 25k drivers. so im guessing i still need some other drivers, when i was surfing net i found compatiblity drivers compaq with nvidia and etc.

Edit:

Stinky card graphics:[b] ati radeon 9600 (RV350)[/b]

ethernet:[b] Nvidia nForce MCP networking adapter[/b]
and: [b]VIA VT6105M / LOM RHINE 3 10/100mbps[/b]

-------
so i was thinking should i install drivers fro VIA VT6105M NIC ?
ok it worked before as my friend said. he bought video card and installed drivers from a cd. now he reinstalled Windows and he couldnt get internet work. so he brought his pc to me. now from my point of view. everything works: device is working properly (graphics card) then there is ethernet card(Nvidia nForce networking controller) drivers were missing so i installed. Now when i plug in internet cable into that card both lights turn green indicating that it works. but if i goto network places it shows red X and says that there is no cable plugged in.

so obviuosly "Nvidia nForce networking controller" is not functionting that could only by caused by drivers. but it picks up drivers from winxpcd and from my drivers cd which has over 25k drivers. so im guessing i still need some other drivers, when i was surfing net i found compatiblity drivers compaq with nvidia and etc.

Edit:

Stinky card graphics: ati radeon 9600 (RV350)

ethernet: Nvidia nForce MCP networking adapter

and: VIA VT6105M / LOM RHINE 3 10/100mbps

-------

Posted 09/28/2008 07:06 PM   
Is this a multicore machine? the 9600 ATI might be the problem or the older Network card.

Was kinda meaning ALL the hardware, motherboard model and manufacuturers.

Network Drivers are part of the CHIPSET driver package, if it did not install the network with the chipset, then I would be wondering why.

If your working on the nvidia Network card, remove the other card.
In that, REMOVE anything not necessary to get to and reproduce the issues. This includes USB items and so on.
Is this a multicore machine? the 9600 ATI might be the problem or the older Network card.

Was kinda meaning ALL the hardware, motherboard model and manufacuturers.

Network Drivers are part of the CHIPSET driver package, if it did not install the network with the chipset, then I would be wondering why.

If your working on the nvidia Network card, remove the other card.

In that, REMOVE anything not necessary to get to and reproduce the issues. This includes USB items and so on.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 09/28/2008 09:03 PM   
[quote name='atcla' date='Sep 28 2008, 03:06 PM']ok it worked before as my friend said. he bought video card and installed drivers from a cd. now he reinstalled Windows and he couldnt get internet work. so he brought his pc to me. now from my point of view. everything works: device is working properly (graphics card) then there is ethernet card(Nvidia nForce networking controller) drivers were missing so i installed. Now when i plug in internet cable into that card both lights turn green indicating that it works. but if i goto network places it shows red X and says that there is no cable plugged in.

Edit:

Stinky card graphics:[b] ati radeon 9600 (RV350)[/b]

ethernet:[b] Nvidia nForce MCP networking adapter[/b]
and: [b]VIA VT6105M / LOM RHINE 3 10/100mbps[/b]

-------
[right][snapback]445267[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yes also install the Via drivers - some motherboards have 2 nics, and usually only one of those is based on the chipset. the second is by whoever the motherbaord manufacturer chose to work with.
[quote name='atcla' date='Sep 28 2008, 03:06 PM']ok it worked before as my friend said. he bought video card and installed drivers from a cd. now he reinstalled Windows and he couldnt get internet work. so he brought his pc to me. now from my point of view. everything works: device is working properly (graphics card) then there is ethernet card(Nvidia nForce networking controller) drivers were missing so i installed. Now when i plug in internet cable into that card both lights turn green indicating that it works. but if i goto network places it shows red X and says that there is no cable plugged in.

Edit:

Stinky card graphics: ati radeon 9600 (RV350)

ethernet: Nvidia nForce MCP networking adapter

and: VIA VT6105M / LOM RHINE 3 10/100mbps

-------

[snapback]445267[/snapback]

yes also install the Via drivers - some motherboards have 2 nics, and usually only one of those is based on the chipset. the second is by whoever the motherbaord manufacturer chose to work with.

Main rig: Antec 1200 Case, PC P&C silencer 750, MSI P55 GD-80, Intel i5 760@4.19Ghz Air cooled with Zalman cnps10 Flex, 4GB Patriot Gamer, 2x XFX AMD 5770's @ 913/1300, 2x 320GB HDD raid 0, and 1TB WD black

Media Center: Silverstone media center case, Antedc EW 550watt PSU, MSI 790FX-GD70 mobo, AMD Phenom X4 945; Thermaltake Blue Orb; BFG GTX260 MaxCore 55; pioneer BR player; Mitsubishi 65" 3D DLP

Posted 09/28/2008 09:35 PM   
Scroll To Top