nVidia chipset driver version 15.23 issues nVidia drivers
[color=green]The Off-Topic section isn't the appropriate venue for this type of post. The General Hardware Discussion or nForce Mobos forums would be an appropriate choice.

Amorphous[/color]

I had been waiting for quite a while for nVidia to release new chipset drivers for the 6xx and 7xx series chipset. It seemed my "driver prayers" had been answered when I saw that nVidia released the 15.23 chipset drivers on 12 September. I quickly downloaded the drivers and installed them on both my computer systems. Shortly thereafter, I started having stability problems with both computers. Here are the abbreviated specs of both my systems:

[u]System #1:[/u]
eVGA 780i SLI motherboard
Intel Xeon X3350 (server CPU - twin brother of the Q9450)
4 GB (4 x 1GB) Super Talent DDR2800
2 x BFG GTX 260s in SLI (Using the 177.92 beta drivers)
Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate w/SP1

[u]System #2:[/u]
Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard
Intel Xeon E3110 (server CPU - twin brother of the E8400)
4GB (4 x 1GB) Super Talent DDR2800
2 x eVGA 8800GTS 512MB in SLI (Using the 177.92 beta drivers)
Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium w/SP1

The 650i SLI chipset system problems:

-- Became unstable only when playing STEAM games with SLI enabled.

The 780i SLI chipset system problems:

-- Became unstable altogether. The system would freeze up shortly after booting up into windows. Plays game fine with and without SLI enabled in all games, including STEAM games.

Once I rolled back the chipset drivers to the 9.64 version, all problems disappeared.

Hopefully, nVidia sees my post and alerts their driver team to the potential issues that the 15.23 version is causing - at least with my two systems.

Anyone else experiencing similiar issues? Please only post if you are experiencing problems! Let's not clutter the post. The intent is to get a collection of those who are having problems with the latest chipset drivers.

Thanks!

Ninja
The Off-Topic section isn't the appropriate venue for this type of post. The General Hardware Discussion or nForce Mobos forums would be an appropriate choice.

Amorphous

I had been waiting for quite a while for nVidia to release new chipset drivers for the 6xx and 7xx series chipset. It seemed my "driver prayers" had been answered when I saw that nVidia released the 15.23 chipset drivers on 12 September. I quickly downloaded the drivers and installed them on both my computer systems. Shortly thereafter, I started having stability problems with both computers. Here are the abbreviated specs of both my systems:

System #1:

eVGA 780i SLI motherboard

Intel Xeon X3350 (server CPU - twin brother of the Q9450)

4 GB (4 x 1GB) Super Talent DDR2800

2 x BFG GTX 260s in SLI (Using the 177.92 beta drivers)

Windows Vista 64-bit Ultimate w/SP1

System #2:

Asus P5N-E SLI motherboard

Intel Xeon E3110 (server CPU - twin brother of the E8400)

4GB (4 x 1GB) Super Talent DDR2800

2 x eVGA 8800GTS 512MB in SLI (Using the 177.92 beta drivers)

Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium w/SP1

The 650i SLI chipset system problems:

-- Became unstable only when playing STEAM games with SLI enabled.

The 780i SLI chipset system problems:

-- Became unstable altogether. The system would freeze up shortly after booting up into windows. Plays game fine with and without SLI enabled in all games, including STEAM games.

Once I rolled back the chipset drivers to the 9.64 version, all problems disappeared.

Hopefully, nVidia sees my post and alerts their driver team to the potential issues that the 15.23 version is causing - at least with my two systems.

Anyone else experiencing similiar issues? Please only post if you are experiencing problems! Let's not clutter the post. The intent is to get a collection of those who are having problems with the latest chipset drivers.

Thanks!

Ninja

Posted 09/23/2008 11:40 PM   
Scroll To Top