Replacement Motherboard Opinions
Hello,

Newbie here and I need some help desperately. I have a eMachines T6528 and the motherboard has went out. The OEM motherboard was the MSI M-ATX MS-7207 v1 Socket 939 and used the 6100 chipset. What motherboard can I use to replace this MSI since it is no longer made? Can I use the ASUS A8N-LA 6150 LE motherboard? Thanks for any assistance.
Hello,

Newbie here and I need some help desperately. I have a eMachines T6528 and the motherboard has went out. The OEM motherboard was the MSI M-ATX MS-7207 v1 Socket 939 and used the 6100 chipset. What motherboard can I use to replace this MSI since it is no longer made? Can I use the ASUS A8N-LA 6150 LE motherboard? Thanks for any assistance.

Posted 08/31/2008 12:53 AM   
I cant remember the last eMachine that went thru my hands, but is the case a standard Universal, or do the monitor, USB, serial, and other connectors have VERY SPECIFIC holes on the back plate? As in the plate is not a removable item.

Cause if thats true, the case needs replacement.
Then Check the PSU main connector, does it have a wire to EVERY hole? If not youll need to replace the PSU also.

Youll also need to do a REINSTALL of the OS (or a REPAIR), did you get an OEM OS CD or is it a PREINSTALLED seperate partition on the HD, or a CUSTOM install CD from eMachine? If its the later two, it will not work as it should check the mobo for the chipset and generally does not off a repair installation option, and installs drivers for the old board causing a bluescreen or reboot on boot.

If you do have the CDKEY on the case, dont lose that if you replace the case as you can use that with an OEM CD of the same VERSION to do the reinstall.

[url="http://parts.emachines.com/MenuBar.asp?Category=Motherboards&Sub_category=eMachines"] check here[/url] Left side, type T6528 as the Keyword

[url="http://www.pcfactoryoutlet.com/syslookup.asp"]This Site[/url] sjpws several models used that board
On the Left side again:
Manufacturer :eMachine
Select Model: T6528
[list]eMachines MS-7207 Replacement System Board - 105551 for the following models:
C6423
C6535
D6419
H6420
H6423
T6212
T6216
T6420
T6426
T6528
T6532
[/list]So you might even check eBAY for someone selling the tower cheap.
I cant remember the last eMachine that went thru my hands, but is the case a standard Universal, or do the monitor, USB, serial, and other connectors have VERY SPECIFIC holes on the back plate? As in the plate is not a removable item.

Cause if thats true, the case needs replacement.

Then Check the PSU main connector, does it have a wire to EVERY hole? If not youll need to replace the PSU also.

Youll also need to do a REINSTALL of the OS (or a REPAIR), did you get an OEM OS CD or is it a PREINSTALLED seperate partition on the HD, or a CUSTOM install CD from eMachine? If its the later two, it will not work as it should check the mobo for the chipset and generally does not off a repair installation option, and installs drivers for the old board causing a bluescreen or reboot on boot.

If you do have the CDKEY on the case, dont lose that if you replace the case as you can use that with an OEM CD of the same VERSION to do the reinstall.

check here Left side, type T6528 as the Keyword

This Site sjpws several models used that board

On the Left side again:

Manufacturer :eMachine

Select Model: T6528

eMachines MS-7207 Replacement System Board - 105551 for the following models:

C6423

C6535

D6419

H6420

H6423

T6212

T6216

T6420

T6426

T6528

T6532

So you might even check eBAY for someone selling the tower cheap.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""

Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

Posted 08/31/2008 02:53 AM   
Scroll To Top