The Official Introduction Thread Come introduce yourself!
  1 / 12    
Since we've crossed the 100k global user mark, I figured it was about time for an official introduction thread. This should help newcomers get to know some of the more elusive regulars a bit better (without trying to dig through thousands of posts) and build some stronger relationships throughout the community. /hug.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hug:' />

First and foremost: Welcome to the nZone User-to-User forums. You've stumbled upon the Community's favorite sub-forum, the off-topic section. You'll see some big post counts hanging around here; this is where the regulars tend to congregate. Don't be intimidated!

Feel free to use my layout or create your own. Go into as much or as little detail as you like. [b]Keep it clean.[/b] Check the forum [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=boardrules"]rules & guidelines[/url] or shoot me a PM if you're unsure if something is appropriate or not. Don't make it all about your computer. We can always check your signature or forum profile for that. Feel free to include a single picture. Keep it under 600x600 and 100kb for the sake of our dial-up users. If you don't have the knowledge/skill to crop/resize feel free to PM me your picture. I'll be happy to edit your post to include it.

[code][center][img]<Picture URL here>[/img][/center]
[b]Name/Nicknames:[/b]
[b]Job:[/b]
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Hobbies/Interests:[/b]
[b]Favorites (Books, Movies, Drinks, Teams, etc):[/b]
[b]Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?:[/b]
[b]Other Forums:[/b] [/code]
Since we've crossed the 100k global user mark, I figured it was about time for an official introduction thread. This should help newcomers get to know some of the more elusive regulars a bit better (without trying to dig through thousands of posts) and build some stronger relationships throughout the community. /hug.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hug:' />

First and foremost: Welcome to the nZone User-to-User forums. You've stumbled upon the Community's favorite sub-forum, the off-topic section. You'll see some big post counts hanging around here; this is where the regulars tend to congregate. Don't be intimidated!

Feel free to use my layout or create your own. Go into as much or as little detail as you like. Keep it clean. Check the forum rules & guidelines or shoot me a PM if you're unsure if something is appropriate or not. Don't make it all about your computer. We can always check your signature or forum profile for that. Feel free to include a single picture. Keep it under 600x600 and 100kb for the sake of our dial-up users. If you don't have the knowledge/skill to crop/resize feel free to PM me your picture. I'll be happy to edit your post to include it.

[center][img]<Picture URL here>[/img][/center]

[b]Name/Nicknames:[/b]

[b]Job:[/b]

[b]Family:[/b]

[b]Hobbies/Interests:[/b]

[b]Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?:[/b]

[b]Other Forums:[/b]

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 08/16/2008 08:31 AM   
Elusive Regulars ? I wonder for who this was for :P

Anyways a warm welcome to all Newcomers :)
Elusive Regulars ? I wonder for who this was for :P

Anyways a warm welcome to all Newcomers :)

Sincerely

Nik K

JOIN Our Folding@Home NVIDIA User2User Forums Team.

TEAM NUMBER : 142900

PROJECT URL :

Normal Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

GPU Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Posted 08/16/2008 08:34 AM   
[center][img]http://forums.nvidia.com/attachments/photo-29408.jpg[/img][/center]
[b]Name/Nicknames:[/b] I sign all of my fine art photographs as Amorphous, or simply, "A." Amorphous is my favorite word, though I rarely use it in a sentence. It fits my eclecticism perfectly. If you met me on the street and called me "Amorphous" I would laugh at you.

[b]Job:[/b] I had a great deal of fun and gathered a bunch of wonderful life experiences running my own paintball retail shop/wholesale distribution store in Northern California. In addition to being my own boss (but still answerable to my investors), it was a highly rewarding experience to expand and thrive in a highly competitive market in a region where most small business fail within the first year of operation. I was also able to do quite a bit of travel through trade expos, and participate in couple international sporting events (2 PSP World Cups, and an International Amateur Open) as part of our sponsored team.

Currently I work for the US Department of Homeland Security. That's all you need to know about that. ;)

[b]Family:[/b] I'm married and plan to start one in a few more years.

[b]Hobbies/Interests:[/b] As you might have guessed, I'm still into the paintball scene, though I'm not able to play very often these days. I got into sports photography through paintball, which lead me into fine art photography. I enjoy both black & white, and color photography. I do quite a bit of darkroom/film effects, and I've spent quite a bit of money on infrared film for false-color fine art effects. Though I spend quite a bit of time with computers I'm not a fan of digital photography. My most expensive camera is a Canon digital SLR, but my favorite camera is a 4x5 beast (think old school with the big hood).

I'm an avid reader (usually about a book a week, if not quicker), movie critic (or maybe just critical of movies), shooter and outdoorsmen. I started walking and hiking at a young age with my parents. When I got a little bit older I joined the Boy Scouts. I've done a lot of hiking, backpacking and camping.

I'm also known to enjoy the occasional cigar over some cards with close friends.

...and I love cooking almost as much as eating.

[b]Favorites (Books, Movies, Drinks, Teams, etc):[/b] My tastes in books and music is quite diverse. Musically, I enjoy everything from Alizee to Opeth. I'll read just about anything, probably twice. My favorite author is Roger Zelanzy.

[b]Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?:[/b] When my FX5950 Ultra died I jumped right into a 7800GTX. I, like many posters, didn't heed the power requirements. So I had some problems. I was helped out a lot by the XFX forums. I decided that I wanted to be the guy helping people. The rest, as they say, is history.

[b]Other Forums:[/b] I lurk in several forums, including eVGA's and a couple of others, to keep abreast of any issues that might start popping up here. Unfortunately, with my current workload and personal/family obligations, I don't have nearly the time to invest here as I when I first joined.

Amorphous

Name/Nicknames: I sign all of my fine art photographs as Amorphous, or simply, "A." Amorphous is my favorite word, though I rarely use it in a sentence. It fits my eclecticism perfectly. If you met me on the street and called me "Amorphous" I would laugh at you.

Job: I had a great deal of fun and gathered a bunch of wonderful life experiences running my own paintball retail shop/wholesale distribution store in Northern California. In addition to being my own boss (but still answerable to my investors), it was a highly rewarding experience to expand and thrive in a highly competitive market in a region where most small business fail within the first year of operation. I was also able to do quite a bit of travel through trade expos, and participate in couple international sporting events (2 PSP World Cups, and an International Amateur Open) as part of our sponsored team.

Currently I work for the US Department of Homeland Security. That's all you need to know about that. ;)

Family: I'm married and plan to start one in a few more years.

Hobbies/Interests: As you might have guessed, I'm still into the paintball scene, though I'm not able to play very often these days. I got into sports photography through paintball, which lead me into fine art photography. I enjoy both black & white, and color photography. I do quite a bit of darkroom/film effects, and I've spent quite a bit of money on infrared film for false-color fine art effects. Though I spend quite a bit of time with computers I'm not a fan of digital photography. My most expensive camera is a Canon digital SLR, but my favorite camera is a 4x5 beast (think old school with the big hood).

I'm an avid reader (usually about a book a week, if not quicker), movie critic (or maybe just critical of movies), shooter and outdoorsmen. I started walking and hiking at a young age with my parents. When I got a little bit older I joined the Boy Scouts. I've done a lot of hiking, backpacking and camping.

I'm also known to enjoy the occasional cigar over some cards with close friends.

...and I love cooking almost as much as eating.

Favorites (Books, Movies, Drinks, Teams, etc): My tastes in books and music is quite diverse. Musically, I enjoy everything from Alizee to Opeth. I'll read just about anything, probably twice. My favorite author is Roger Zelanzy.

Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?: When my FX5950 Ultra died I jumped right into a 7800GTX. I, like many posters, didn't heed the power requirements. So I had some problems. I was helped out a lot by the XFX forums. I decided that I wanted to be the guy helping people. The rest, as they say, is history.

Other Forums: I lurk in several forums, including eVGA's and a couple of others, to keep abreast of any issues that might start popping up here. Unfortunately, with my current workload and personal/family obligations, I don't have nearly the time to invest here as I when I first joined.

Amorphous

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 08/16/2008 09:08 AM   
[quote name='Amorphous' date='Aug 16 2008, 06:01 AM'] You'll see some big post counts hanging around here; this is where the regulars tend to congregate. Don't be intimidated!
[right][snapback]426755[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]sounds like someone is admitting post count matters and that our off topic "spam" fest drivel we partake in serves to build a stronger community bond with one another /hug.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hug:' />

/wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' /> anyway for the "Newcomers"I

I'm Goku .here's semi recent pic attached . the rest (more or less)of what I'm all about is located in my profile and buried in my many post which have served to form a lasting impression and bond with my Friends(AKA Elusive Regulars) here on these boards. so welcome all [s]n00bs[/s] I mean Newcomers /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />

Edit: Morph if people send you some pics for resizing don't listen to your good side.give in to some good ole photoshop mischief. /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' />

[color=green]Good side? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />[/color]
[quote name='Amorphous' date='Aug 16 2008, 06:01 AM'] You'll see some big post counts hanging around here; this is where the regulars tend to congregate. Don't be intimidated!

[snapback]426755[/snapback]

sounds like someone is admitting post count matters and that our off topic "spam" fest drivel we partake in serves to build a stronger community bond with one another /hug.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':hug:' />

/wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' /> anyway for the "Newcomers"I

I'm Goku .here's semi recent pic attached . the rest (more or less)of what I'm all about is located in my profile and buried in my many post which have served to form a lasting impression and bond with my Friends(AKA Elusive Regulars) here on these boards. so welcome all n00bs I mean Newcomers /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />

Edit: Morph if people send you some pics for resizing don't listen to your good side.give in to some good ole photoshop mischief. /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' />

Good side? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about. /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />

CPU:AMD FX 8350 BE@4.7GHz
GPU:EVGA GTX 680
MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA UD7
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Black 32GB

Posted 08/16/2008 09:11 AM   
Oh no.....Are photos really necessary ? I just saw Goku and i lost my appetite.... :P
Oh no.....Are photos really necessary ? I just saw Goku and i lost my appetite.... :P

Sincerely

Nik K

PROJECT URL :

Posted 08/16/2008 09:27 AM   
[center][url="http://img125.imageshack.us/my.php?image=yahooavatarlargequ8.jpg"][img]http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1183/yahooavatarlargequ8.th.jpg[/img][/url][/center]
[b]Name/Nicknames: The Professor[/b]
[b]Job: Co-shop owner/manager[/b]
[b]Family: Mum, Dad, Sister, One set of grandparents[/b]
[b]Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, chicks computers[/b]
[b]Favorites (Books, Movies, Drinks, Teams, etc): Stargate: SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Doctor Who[/b]
[b]Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?: FX5500 vs. MX 440[/b]
[b]Other Forums: My loyalty is to nZone[/b]

Name/Nicknames: The Professor

Job: Co-shop owner/manager

Family: Mum, Dad, Sister, One set of grandparents

Hobbies/Interests: Basketball, chicks computers

Favorites (Books, Movies, Drinks, Teams, etc): Stargate: SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Doctor Who

Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?: FX5500 vs. MX 440

Other Forums: My loyalty is to nZone

Posted 08/16/2008 09:29 AM   
I don't really have a recent pic :P

[b]Name/Nicknames:[/b] Piszczel. It means "shin" in polish. My friend kicked me in the shin once when we were playing football (soccer) and I started jumping around on one leg. The nickname was born and now I use it as my login everywhere
[b]Job:[/b] No job, I still go to school. I'm going to college this year (UK college that is, I'm still 17). I live off what parents give me :P
[b]Family:[/b] Mum, dad, little brother. Ordinary family, although I was never close to them.
[b]Hobbies/Interests:[/b] I play rugby for my local rugby team. I'm a winger - I lack in size, but I'm fast. I go to the gym 4 times a week and I love it. I want to get bigger and stronger. Apart from obvious interest in PCs, I'm generally interested in living healthy.
Movies:
Fight Club, American History X, 300, Gladiator, Pumping Iron, The Pianist.
Books:
Anything by Chuck Palahniuk or Daniken.
Music:
SOAD, Serj Tankian, Scars on Broadway, Killing Joke, Static-X.
Nine times out of then I listen to SOAD though.
[b]Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?:[/b] I bought my first geforce card around Christmas. It was 7300GS. Rubbish card, but I was in heaven. I joined these forums to compare the perfomance of my card, I think my first post ever was in a benchmark thread.
[b]Other Forums:[/b] I only go to bodybuilding.com and 4chan.org (if you can call that a forum). The amount of people there is incredible, new posts every few seconds.
I don't really have a recent pic :P

Name/Nicknames: Piszczel. It means "shin" in polish. My friend kicked me in the shin once when we were playing football (soccer) and I started jumping around on one leg. The nickname was born and now I use it as my login everywhere

Job: No job, I still go to school. I'm going to college this year (UK college that is, I'm still 17). I live off what parents give me :P

Family: Mum, dad, little brother. Ordinary family, although I was never close to them.

Hobbies/Interests: I play rugby for my local rugby team. I'm a winger - I lack in size, but I'm fast. I go to the gym 4 times a week and I love it. I want to get bigger and stronger. Apart from obvious interest in PCs, I'm generally interested in living healthy.

Favorites (Books, Movies, Drinks, Teams, etc):

Movies:

Fight Club, American History X, 300, Gladiator, Pumping Iron, The Pianist.

Books:

Anything by Chuck Palahniuk or Daniken.

Music:

SOAD, Serj Tankian, Scars on Broadway, Killing Joke, Static-X.

Nine times out of then I listen to SOAD though.

Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?: I bought my first geforce card around Christmas. It was 7300GS. Rubbish card, but I was in heaven. I joined these forums to compare the perfomance of my card, I think my first post ever was in a benchmark thread.

Other Forums: I only go to bodybuilding.com and 4chan.org (if you can call that a forum). The amount of people there is incredible, new posts every few seconds.

660GTX
i5 3300 @ 3.0Ghz
8GB RAM

Posted 08/16/2008 11:14 AM   
Welcome all newcomers. I have a username of Clydefrog9 on a forum for Battlefield 2 players. I live and work in the Silicon Valley in California. And although I am very responsible one of my favorite sayings is: Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive. What first brought me to forums was needing a new video card and I wanted to make an informed choice. I was born and raised in California but most of my cousins/aunts/uncles live in the Midwest. I read voraciously online. The weather where I live is similar to the Greek Mediterranean. I just joined the Folding @ Home team and encourage everyone with any type of broadband connection to join also. There is a lot of power in We.

This off topic forum is very dynamic. Our games earn the envy of other forums /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

**addendum: Clydefrog is the name of Cartman's smartest doll out of his collection of 5. Cartman is one of 4 main characters on an animated series Southpark. It is on comedy central in the U.S. Clydefrog helps Cartman plot revenge against his real (and imagined) enemies. My favorite frag is to clown people with the word 'dragon' in their screen name. "How did a frog just squish a dragon??" /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />
Welcome all newcomers. I have a username of Clydefrog9 on a forum for Battlefield 2 players. I live and work in the Silicon Valley in California. And although I am very responsible one of my favorite sayings is: Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive. What first brought me to forums was needing a new video card and I wanted to make an informed choice. I was born and raised in California but most of my cousins/aunts/uncles live in the Midwest. I read voraciously online. The weather where I live is similar to the Greek Mediterranean. I just joined the Folding @ Home team and encourage everyone with any type of broadband connection to join also. There is a lot of power in We.

This off topic forum is very dynamic. Our games earn the envy of other forums /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

**addendum: Clydefrog is the name of Cartman's smartest doll out of his collection of 5. Cartman is one of 4 main characters on an animated series Southpark. It is on comedy central in the U.S. Clydefrog helps Cartman plot revenge against his real (and imagined) enemies. My favorite frag is to clown people with the word 'dragon' in their screen name. "How did a frog just squish a dragon??" /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />

AMD quad core 955 BE @ 3.6GHz
Seagate 250GB SATA, Lite On DVD writer SATA
2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM, Asus M4N82 mobo
Thermaltake 650 watt PSU, eVga GTX 260-216
Samsung 953 monitor, Windows 7
ATH AD700 headphones, Lian Li PC-7 YCF

Posted 08/16/2008 11:26 AM   
Ok here i go as well ( After screaming public demand :P )

[b]Name :[/b] Nik
[b]Nickname/s :[/b] HellasVagabond ( Mostly Used ) / Vagabond / TheStranger
[b]Occupation :[/b] Part Job As A Computer Technissian / Full Job As A Goverment Employee
[b]Place :[/b]Athens, GREECE , The Country Of Myths And Legends
[b]Reason For Beeing Here :[/b] Been an Nvidia user since the Riva128 and changed over 20 Nvidia cards since. Now that i think of it it took me a while to come here in the first place :)
[b]Other Forums :[/b] Too Many To List
Ok here i go as well ( After screaming public demand :P )

Name : Nik

Nickname/s : HellasVagabond ( Mostly Used ) / Vagabond / TheStranger

Occupation : Part Job As A Computer Technissian / Full Job As A Goverment Employee

Place :Athens, GREECE , The Country Of Myths And Legends

Reason For Beeing Here : Been an Nvidia user since the Riva128 and changed over 20 Nvidia cards since. Now that i think of it it took me a while to come here in the first place :)

Other Forums : Too Many To List

Sincerely

Nik K

PROJECT URL :

Posted 08/16/2008 12:08 PM   
[redacted].
[redacted].

Posted 08/16/2008 01:20 PM   
Hehe, not sure I need to sign up on this, since they will get to know me soon enough /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' /> . I'm what you might call the resident pain in the pooper (!)

[b]Name:[/b] Hexen525. I go by Hexen525, Hexen or just Hex. Yes, I stole this name from a video game. I love that video game. I want to see a remake exactly like the original only on the id Tech 5 engine /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' /> . And unless we become real good friends, chances are high you will never know my real name.

[b]Family:[/b] I have been married to a wonderful woman for a couple years now and we have a wonderful little "terrible twos" Baby Kake!!!!

[b]Occupation:[/b] BNSF Railroad. I move and repair locomotives. I've been "promoted" to electrician apprentice. Kinda fun somedays, p!sses ya off others. But I get paid good for it /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

[b]Place:[/b] Ever hear of Montana? I didn't think so. It's a state, a couple of states east of Seattle. I've lived in Florida, California, Wyoming and Washington. And visited many more states. I have been to Canada and Mexico. I've swam in both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans and the Gulf of Mexico. I've lived in the big city, but prefer the small rural life. Just so long as I have my phat pipes (broadband), I am happy :D .

[b]Hobbies:[/b] Computers, gaming, stereos, tunes...and kids now B) . I've worked as a home theater installer and a car stereo installer. I was an IT manager for 2.5 years, but it was for Macs, so I don't count that as work (you will learn of my "[i]love[/i]" for Macs soon enough. Hang out in the Off Topic forum a bit :) .

[b]Why did I come here?:[/b] I was having issues with the 8800GTX cards and XP drivers at the time of launch. I have since resolved my issues (got Vista for starters) and stuck around to BS about tunes and help others.

[b]Favorites:[/b]
Movie:The Princess Bride, Brain Donors, Friday the 13th series, Heavy Metal (the cartoon movie), Star Wars series, Lord of the Rings series
Music: Heavy Metal (but I listen to all sorts of music)
Books: The Shannara series, the Harry Potter series, old Xanth books, anything by H. P. Lovecraft
Bands: Too many to name. But a few would be Black Sabbath, Motorhead, KISS, Drowning Pool, Mountain, Clawfinger, KoRn, Rimsky-Korsekov(classical composer-Spelling correction, aisle 3 plz Dos, my CDs are downstairs atm).
Games: Morrowind, hands down the [i][b]Best. Game. Ever[/b][/i]. Others include Halo, Phantasy Star Online, PlanetSide (war on a planetary scale, no little 16-on-16 crap there try up to 300 total :magic: ). Playing EQ2 mostly these days. With spots of Quake Wars and Phantasy Star Portable (PSP game).

Edit: Btw Dos, there is no end to an MMO. Why do you think the former king was called EverQuest? You have been sucked in for atleast a few years, accept it now.
Hehe, not sure I need to sign up on this, since they will get to know me soon enough /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' /> . I'm what you might call the resident pain in the pooper (!)

Name: Hexen525. I go by Hexen525, Hexen or just Hex. Yes, I stole this name from a video game. I love that video game. I want to see a remake exactly like the original only on the id Tech 5 engine /devil.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':devil:' /> . And unless we become real good friends, chances are high you will never know my real name.

Family: I have been married to a wonderful woman for a couple years now and we have a wonderful little "terrible twos" Baby Kake!!!!

Occupation: BNSF Railroad. I move and repair locomotives. I've been "promoted" to electrician apprentice. Kinda fun somedays, p!sses ya off others. But I get paid good for it /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Place: Ever hear of Montana? I didn't think so. It's a state, a couple of states east of Seattle. I've lived in Florida, California, Wyoming and Washington. And visited many more states. I have been to Canada and Mexico. I've swam in both the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans and the Gulf of Mexico. I've lived in the big city, but prefer the small rural life. Just so long as I have my phat pipes (broadband), I am happy :D .

Hobbies: Computers, gaming, stereos, tunes...and kids now B) . I've worked as a home theater installer and a car stereo installer. I was an IT manager for 2.5 years, but it was for Macs, so I don't count that as work (you will learn of my "love" for Macs soon enough. Hang out in the Off Topic forum a bit :) .

Why did I come here?: I was having issues with the 8800GTX cards and XP drivers at the time of launch. I have since resolved my issues (got Vista for starters) and stuck around to BS about tunes and help others.

Favorites:

Movie:The Princess Bride, Brain Donors, Friday the 13th series, Heavy Metal (the cartoon movie), Star Wars series, Lord of the Rings series

Music: Heavy Metal (but I listen to all sorts of music)

Books: The Shannara series, the Harry Potter series, old Xanth books, anything by H. P. Lovecraft

Bands: Too many to name. But a few would be Black Sabbath, Motorhead, KISS, Drowning Pool, Mountain, Clawfinger, KoRn, Rimsky-Korsekov(classical composer-Spelling correction, aisle 3 plz Dos, my CDs are downstairs atm).

Games: Morrowind, hands down the Best. Game. Ever. Others include Halo, Phantasy Star Online, PlanetSide (war on a planetary scale, no little 16-on-16 crap there try up to 300 total :magic: ). Playing EQ2 mostly these days. With spots of Quake Wars and Phantasy Star Portable (PSP game).

Edit: Btw Dos, there is no end to an MMO. Why do you think the former king was called EverQuest? You have been sucked in for atleast a few years, accept it now.

Posted 08/16/2008 01:34 PM   
[b]Name/Nicknames:[/b] Qie/Qian! It's usually what I go by when I game - I've also learned the hard way that 99% of the American population cannot pronounce my name correctly. Amorphous knows how :D

[b]Job:[/b] Student! :( 2.5 more years of suffering to finish 2 BAs and 1 BS. (Psychology, Chinese, Biochemistry.) I bum off teh husband for money, since whatever part time job I hold doesn't remotely measure up to what he brings in. (And the state of CA pays me to go to school /smile2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':))' />

[b]Family:[/b] Married! Kids after college!

[b]Hobbies/Interests:[/b] WoW /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />, Ballroom Dancing (Tango, Salsa, Swing). Currently obsessed with Jigsaw puzzles. I picked up knitting, because I got sick of xmas shopping. I like to write. I love FPSs, although since Amorphous stopped playing with me I've not touched them much :(

[b]Favorites (Books, Movies, Drinks, Teams, etc):[/b] Favorite authors would include Frank Herbert, Roger Zelanzy, Anne Rice, Ian Fleming. I loved the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum, imo the movies took away from the novels. I have a ton of other favorites, ranging from novels "manly men" could enjoy to the girly trash that you'll need to bribe me to admit to reading. Hit me up for book reviews!

I'm not much of a movie person, but my all time favorite movie scene comes from Queen of the Damned, even though they slaughtered the book. (Overall the movie sucked anyway.) Favorite TV show would be House. I loved Invader Zim, Clone High. I loved Hellsing, and to an extent like Bleach. All other things Anime have yet to spark any form of interest in me.

I'm a musical nut. I drive Amorphous crazy sometimes because I've so many musicals and songs memorized, that whenever someone around me says something that resembles a line from a song, I'll spontaneously start quoting, or singing :D Beyond musicals, the only music I generally agree with Amorphous on are the bands Oomph! and Megaherz (Both German rock bands). My other favorites range from Evanescence, to Duran Duran, depending on how I'm feeling :)

I'm ridiculously competitive (not as bad as Amorphous though. He wallhacked in CS:S for a good 6 months to try and beat me); I have an avid interest in firearms, am obsessed with the line of handguns produced by Sig Sauer, and am working on my marksmanship in hopes of one day being able to kick butt!

Along with the competitiveness, I spend a lot of time trolling these forums to brush up on my computer knowledge. I hate being out of the loop - I gotta keep up with Amorphous somehow, and as such I've developed an avid interest in the world of computers, gaming, and all other things gadgety and shiny.

[b]Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?:[/b] I happened to date/marry a guy who spends waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of his spare time on these forums. I'm trying to spy on his life, dangit!

[b]Other Forums:[/b] Nada. I'm not much of a forum person. :D

[b]Random Facts:[/b] I'm 100% Chinese, spent exactly half my life in Asia. (Thats where Amorphous' random knowledge on anything Asian comes from.) I'm obsessed with languages. I'm bilingual: fluent in both spoken/written English/Mandarin Chinese. I'm trying to learn Greek. (Hellas, lessons yes?) I have a severe dislike for the Japanese language, mostly due to years of growing up in Asia surrounded by girls attempting to morph themselves into Anime girls. (*inserts cutesy face with V finger sign and squeals of "waaaaah. Kaaawaaaaiiii"* *Stabs self*) I'm married to everyone's favorite nZone Moderator <3. Maybe I'll have a picture up after nVision. Maybe.
Name/Nicknames: Qie/Qian! It's usually what I go by when I game - I've also learned the hard way that 99% of the American population cannot pronounce my name correctly. Amorphous knows how :D

Job: Student! :( 2.5 more years of suffering to finish 2 BAs and 1 BS. (Psychology, Chinese, Biochemistry.) I bum off teh husband for money, since whatever part time job I hold doesn't remotely measure up to what he brings in. (And the state of CA pays me to go to school /smile2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':))' />

Family: Married! Kids after college!

Hobbies/Interests: WoW /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />, Ballroom Dancing (Tango, Salsa, Swing). Currently obsessed with Jigsaw puzzles. I picked up knitting, because I got sick of xmas shopping. I like to write. I love FPSs, although since Amorphous stopped playing with me I've not touched them much :(

Favorites (Books, Movies, Drinks, Teams, etc): Favorite authors would include Frank Herbert, Roger Zelanzy, Anne Rice, Ian Fleming. I loved the Bourne series by Robert Ludlum, imo the movies took away from the novels. I have a ton of other favorites, ranging from novels "manly men" could enjoy to the girly trash that you'll need to bribe me to admit to reading. Hit me up for book reviews!

I'm not much of a movie person, but my all time favorite movie scene comes from Queen of the Damned, even though they slaughtered the book. (Overall the movie sucked anyway.) Favorite TV show would be House. I loved Invader Zim, Clone High. I loved Hellsing, and to an extent like Bleach. All other things Anime have yet to spark any form of interest in me.

I'm a musical nut. I drive Amorphous crazy sometimes because I've so many musicals and songs memorized, that whenever someone around me says something that resembles a line from a song, I'll spontaneously start quoting, or singing :D Beyond musicals, the only music I generally agree with Amorphous on are the bands Oomph! and Megaherz (Both German rock bands). My other favorites range from Evanescence, to Duran Duran, depending on how I'm feeling :)

I'm ridiculously competitive (not as bad as Amorphous though. He wallhacked in CS:S for a good 6 months to try and beat me); I have an avid interest in firearms, am obsessed with the line of handguns produced by Sig Sauer, and am working on my marksmanship in hopes of one day being able to kick butt!

Along with the competitiveness, I spend a lot of time trolling these forums to brush up on my computer knowledge. I hate being out of the loop - I gotta keep up with Amorphous somehow, and as such I've developed an avid interest in the world of computers, gaming, and all other things gadgety and shiny.

Who/What Brought you to the nZone Forums?: I happened to date/marry a guy who spends waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of his spare time on these forums. I'm trying to spy on his life, dangit!

Other Forums: Nada. I'm not much of a forum person. :D

Random Facts: I'm 100% Chinese, spent exactly half my life in Asia. (Thats where Amorphous' random knowledge on anything Asian comes from.) I'm obsessed with languages. I'm bilingual: fluent in both spoken/written English/Mandarin Chinese. I'm trying to learn Greek. (Hellas, lessons yes?) I have a severe dislike for the Japanese language, mostly due to years of growing up in Asia surrounded by girls attempting to morph themselves into Anime girls. (*inserts cutesy face with V finger sign and squeals of "waaaaah. Kaaawaaaaiiii"* *Stabs self*) I'm married to everyone's favorite nZone Moderator <3. Maybe I'll have a picture up after nVision. Maybe.

Posted 08/16/2008 06:22 PM   
Where?wolf. Stole it from the Mel Brooks movie "Young Frankenstein".

Family:

Just me and my cat Sabrina. Have a girlfriend though since 3 years. Maybe we move together some day?

Retired fishing warden since got hit by a car in -95. (Have an artificial hip). Wich made wandering around out in the wild too heavy. So I got retired in advance. Wich mean I have lot's of time for my other hobbies (see hobbies below)

Place:

Some 50 km outside the city of Malmoe in the south of Sweden. Out in the country side. Oh yeah! /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Hobbies:

Computers / computer gaming, fly fishing, Japanese gardening, Bonsai trees, archery (both long bow and compound bow) photo, music, plays the guitar and some electric bass too.

Why did I come here?:

I had trouble with the aa on my previous 8800GT. Liked it here and stayed. Think it's great fun to try to help others with computer problems.

Movies:

Lord of the Rings, Star wars, Indiana Jones, The pricess bride, other fantasy and sci fi movies old WW II movies, old western movies, like The good, the bad and the ugly for ex. Samurai movies and comedy. Big fan of Monthy Python!

Books:

Fantasy mostly, like JRR Tolkien (of coarce) David Eddings, Terry Brooks, Terry Pratchett, R.A. Salvatore, Raymond E. Fiest, Elaine Cunningham to measion a few.

biograpy's, (Just finished Graucho Marxs) English crime story's, sci fi, thrillers.

Bands / music:

Genesis, Pink Floyd, Asia, Deep Forrest, Kayak, Manfred Manns Earth Band, Omega, Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Yes, Enya, Loreena Mc Kennit, Andreas Wollenveider, ERA, Moyra Brennan, Louisa John Krol, Peter Gabriel, Rupert Hine, Secret Garden, Tomita, Mike Oldfield, Saga etc, etc.

AC / DC, Queen, Queensryche, Yngvie Malmsteen, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Dio, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Mountain, Green Day, Stones (the older albums) UFO, ZZ Top for ex.

80's pop like: Yazoo, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, The Police, Roxy Music, (Bowie) etc.

World music / etno.

Blues and classical music. Also definite Dire Straits / Mark Knopfler and Sade.

Can't stand Opera and modern Jazz! Where it sounds like the guys are tuning their instruments for like ten minutes. Or heavy metal with growling for that matter.

Games: Halo, Diablo II (Hurray! Diablo III will be out!), Never Winter Nights 1 & 2, The Witcher, Zelda, Meteroid, BF 2, Hitman series,
The Star Wars games, Phantasy Star, Oblivion, FIFA, Tiger Woods, Bioshock, The Total War series to meansion a few....again lol.

Favourite food and drinks:

Steak with some nice baked potatoe or french fries, and a good sauce and vegitables to go along with the meat is nice. Pizza, Chinese. /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Beer, white Bordeux wine and Canadian, Irish whiskey and old Scottish malt. Gin and Tonic.
Where?wolf. Stole it from the Mel Brooks movie "Young Frankenstein".

Family:

Just me and my cat Sabrina. Have a girlfriend though since 3 years. Maybe we move together some day?

Retired fishing warden since got hit by a car in -95. (Have an artificial hip). Wich made wandering around out in the wild too heavy. So I got retired in advance. Wich mean I have lot's of time for my other hobbies (see hobbies below)

Place:

Some 50 km outside the city of Malmoe in the south of Sweden. Out in the country side. Oh yeah! /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Hobbies:

Computers / computer gaming, fly fishing, Japanese gardening, Bonsai trees, archery (both long bow and compound bow) photo, music, plays the guitar and some electric bass too.

Why did I come here?:

I had trouble with the aa on my previous 8800GT. Liked it here and stayed. Think it's great fun to try to help others with computer problems.

Movies:

Lord of the Rings, Star wars, Indiana Jones, The pricess bride, other fantasy and sci fi movies old WW II movies, old western movies, like The good, the bad and the ugly for ex. Samurai movies and comedy. Big fan of Monthy Python!

Books:

Fantasy mostly, like JRR Tolkien (of coarce) David Eddings, Terry Brooks, Terry Pratchett, R.A. Salvatore, Raymond E. Fiest, Elaine Cunningham to measion a few.

biograpy's, (Just finished Graucho Marxs) English crime story's, sci fi, thrillers.

Bands / music:

Genesis, Pink Floyd, Asia, Deep Forrest, Kayak, Manfred Manns Earth Band, Omega, Jean Michel Jarre, Vangelis, Yes, Enya, Loreena Mc Kennit, Andreas Wollenveider, ERA, Moyra Brennan, Louisa John Krol, Peter Gabriel, Rupert Hine, Secret Garden, Tomita, Mike Oldfield, Saga etc, etc.

AC / DC, Queen, Queensryche, Yngvie Malmsteen, Jethro Tull, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Dio, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Mountain, Green Day, Stones (the older albums) UFO, ZZ Top for ex.

80's pop like: Yazoo, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, Eurythmics, The Police, Roxy Music, (Bowie) etc.

World music / etno.

Blues and classical music. Also definite Dire Straits / Mark Knopfler and Sade.

Can't stand Opera and modern Jazz! Where it sounds like the guys are tuning their instruments for like ten minutes. Or heavy metal with growling for that matter.

Games: Halo, Diablo II (Hurray! Diablo III will be out!), Never Winter Nights 1 & 2, The Witcher, Zelda, Meteroid, BF 2, Hitman series,

The Star Wars games, Phantasy Star, Oblivion, FIFA, Tiger Woods, Bioshock, The Total War series to meansion a few....again lol.

Favourite food and drinks:

Steak with some nice baked potatoe or french fries, and a good sauce and vegitables to go along with the meat is nice. Pizza, Chinese. /w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

Beer, white Bordeux wine and Canadian, Irish whiskey and old Scottish malt. Gin and Tonic.

Case: Antec P 180B. modded. 2 x 120mm Noctua fans.

Psu: Corsair HX 750W modular.

Mobo: EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR.

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 2.6GHz @ 3.4 GHz.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366.

RAM: Kingston HyperX 3GB DDR 3. 1600

Video cards: Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X Crossfire.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar 640gb Black edt.

Sound: Auzentech X-FI Prelude. Camebridge Desktop theatre 5.1 speakers.

Posted 08/16/2008 06:26 PM   
rn: satria (satr is taken from my real name, but my rl nick is satria) you guys won't need my full name though.. it consists of 3 words.. :D

family: parents, relatives, grandparents.

job: high school student, im a tenth grader

location: the weird republic of indonesia, 6.91S and 107.9E exactly

interests: computers, games, science, language, and culinary things

favorites:
-books: i don't read many books, but i like science books, and i don't like most sci-fi things, i think im interested to 1984
-games: monopoly, solitaire, freecell, company of heroes, world in conflict, gran turismo, etc.
-movies: pianist, history boys, letters from iwo jima, the producers, simpsons the movie, and most war movies.
-musics: i don't like punk musics, speed metal, thrash metal, black metal, death metal, and such things but i do like power metal and other music genres except pop

what brought you here: my curiosity, i didn't come here to solve a problem it was just a quick visit and i found that this forum was really nice. it's still nice though.. :D

other forums: few computer related forums, i have lots of aliases some of my aliases are kubilai_XAH and anak_asean for example.

note: i love smilies :D especially this one > :D . and oh i forgot im recently into console gaming, but only racing games, such as GT and MC. and i hate NFS on consoles..

my pic: it's on my myspace page. my page is /nichtueberleet
rn: satria (satr is taken from my real name, but my rl nick is satria) you guys won't need my full name though.. it consists of 3 words.. :D

family: parents, relatives, grandparents.

job: high school student, im a tenth grader

location: the weird republic of indonesia, 6.91S and 107.9E exactly

interests: computers, games, science, language, and culinary things

favorites:

-books: i don't read many books, but i like science books, and i don't like most sci-fi things, i think im interested to 1984

-games: monopoly, solitaire, freecell, company of heroes, world in conflict, gran turismo, etc.

-movies: pianist, history boys, letters from iwo jima, the producers, simpsons the movie, and most war movies.

-musics: i don't like punk musics, speed metal, thrash metal, black metal, death metal, and such things but i do like power metal and other music genres except pop

what brought you here: my curiosity, i didn't come here to solve a problem it was just a quick visit and i found that this forum was really nice. it's still nice though.. :D

other forums: few computer related forums, i have lots of aliases some of my aliases are kubilai_XAH and anak_asean for example.

note: i love smilies :D especially this one > :D . and oh i forgot im recently into console gaming, but only racing games, such as GT and MC. and i hate NFS on consoles..

my pic: it's on my myspace page. my page is /nichtueberleet

Posted 08/17/2008 05:53 AM   
this seems more like for the regulars to know more about each other ^_^. but then again there are "n00b" regulars and "old" regulars :P. i'm bored at work so...

if there are newcomers reading this, welcome to the forums! hope you'll enjoy your stay /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />.

[img]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee173/kida182001/drunk.jpg[/img]
this pic was taken about a year ago but i still pretty much look the same. it's also the smallest i have.

nickname: kida. other variances of it are just different numbers that go after it. kida is a radiohead album, and my favorite.

family: parents, relatives, and a best friend who's like a brother to me.

job: research & development chemist, but i'm also doing a little bit of engineering work as part of the job.

interests: computers, traveling, hanging out with friends, games (although i haven't done much of it lately), barbecue-ing, drinking w/ friends, reading (haven't done much of that lately either), music, soccer, movies, coffee, cigars, good cigarettes (i'm not a regular smoker, just only when drinking coffee or alcohol), anime, swimming, working out, pool (billiards).

life in general: i work full-time from monday to friday (35-40 hours a week). after work, eat dinner, talk to friends, maybe play a game or two, maybe watch a movie, and try to do some push-ups before i go to sleep. usually, i just do 1 set of 50. on weekends, i'm usually with my best friend, and we would go meet up with our other friends and hang out, ranging from just eating out to attending a dynamo game (soccer), and sometimes i go work out as well. on most wednesdays, i go play pool with my friend at the local poolhall ($5 unlimited). i'm good, but i want to be better. the fact that i haven't played in last couple of weeks will not help. currently, i'm watching 2 anime: naruto shippuuden and bleach, and neither are keeping me interested due to the stupid fillers. they need to get back to the much-more-exciting main story. i used to have a girlfriend; it was good while it lasted /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />.

games: i only have a pc for that (pc specs in sig). the only other consoles i've actually owned were the nes and gameboy. current pc games i play a lot are oblivion, diablo 2, and dod (half-life mod). i like morrowind too, but i wasn't into it as much as i'm into oblivion; my biggest gripe about morrowind is that you have to read EVERYTHING in super small text. that got pretty annoying.

music: i enjoy listening to a lot of stuff, except country and rap. i like SOME rap, but most of them i think are just stupid. i like a lot of classic rock because modern rock is also becoming very stupid...and uninspiring. some favorite musicians/bands are: led zep, coldplay, radiohead, aerosmith, gorillaz, blur, foo fighters, santana, srv, credence clearwater revival, eric clapton, verve pipe, smashing pumpkins, dream theater...and several more.

movies: i don't like watching dramas when i'm in the theaters. the big screen and huge surround system are there for a reason. i can watch dramas on my tv at home. so usually action/sci-fi and some comedies in theaters. i have LOTS of favorite movies, some of them are: once upon a time in america, boondock saints, star wars (i enjoyed all of them), lotr, transformers (i'm a fan of the series), x-men trilogy (the 3rd one could've been better). for some reason, i never got really into star trek...i tried...but couldn't :huh:.

reading: i like reading the news, car and pc magazines, and mad magazines. i used to "read" playboy but w/ the abundance of porn on the internet + broadband, that was no longer necessary /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />. i enjoy reading fiction books, including sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, and adventure.

what brought me here: i had a problem with my monitor going into hibernate after i played a graphics-intense game. i don't think anyone answered my question (thanks guys...lol), but i did manage to solve the problem myself. but i just decided to stick around anyway. this is pretty much the only forum i frequent. since most of what i do at work is simply turning on a machine and waiting for it to do what i need it to do, i have quite a bit of "free" time in between, so this is where i am during those times...like right now ^_^.
this seems more like for the regulars to know more about each other ^_^. but then again there are "n00b" regulars and "old" regulars :P. i'm bored at work so...

if there are newcomers reading this, welcome to the forums! hope you'll enjoy your stay /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />.

this pic was taken about a year ago but i still pretty much look the same. it's also the smallest i have.

nickname: kida. other variances of it are just different numbers that go after it. kida is a radiohead album, and my favorite.

family: parents, relatives, and a best friend who's like a brother to me.

job: research & development chemist, but i'm also doing a little bit of engineering work as part of the job.

interests: computers, traveling, hanging out with friends, games (although i haven't done much of it lately), barbecue-ing, drinking w/ friends, reading (haven't done much of that lately either), music, soccer, movies, coffee, cigars, good cigarettes (i'm not a regular smoker, just only when drinking coffee or alcohol), anime, swimming, working out, pool (billiards).

life in general: i work full-time from monday to friday (35-40 hours a week). after work, eat dinner, talk to friends, maybe play a game or two, maybe watch a movie, and try to do some push-ups before i go to sleep. usually, i just do 1 set of 50. on weekends, i'm usually with my best friend, and we would go meet up with our other friends and hang out, ranging from just eating out to attending a dynamo game (soccer), and sometimes i go work out as well. on most wednesdays, i go play pool with my friend at the local poolhall ($5 unlimited). i'm good, but i want to be better. the fact that i haven't played in last couple of weeks will not help. currently, i'm watching 2 anime: naruto shippuuden and bleach, and neither are keeping me interested due to the stupid fillers. they need to get back to the much-more-exciting main story. i used to have a girlfriend; it was good while it lasted /whistling.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':whistling:' />.

games: i only have a pc for that (pc specs in sig). the only other consoles i've actually owned were the nes and gameboy. current pc games i play a lot are oblivion, diablo 2, and dod (half-life mod). i like morrowind too, but i wasn't into it as much as i'm into oblivion; my biggest gripe about morrowind is that you have to read EVERYTHING in super small text. that got pretty annoying.

music: i enjoy listening to a lot of stuff, except country and rap. i like SOME rap, but most of them i think are just stupid. i like a lot of classic rock because modern rock is also becoming very stupid...and uninspiring. some favorite musicians/bands are: led zep, coldplay, radiohead, aerosmith, gorillaz, blur, foo fighters, santana, srv, credence clearwater revival, eric clapton, verve pipe, smashing pumpkins, dream theater...and several more.

movies: i don't like watching dramas when i'm in the theaters. the big screen and huge surround system are there for a reason. i can watch dramas on my tv at home. so usually action/sci-fi and some comedies in theaters. i have LOTS of favorite movies, some of them are: once upon a time in america, boondock saints, star wars (i enjoyed all of them), lotr, transformers (i'm a fan of the series), x-men trilogy (the 3rd one could've been better). for some reason, i never got really into star trek...i tried...but couldn't :huh:.

reading: i like reading the news, car and pc magazines, and mad magazines. i used to "read" playboy but w/ the abundance of porn on the internet + broadband, that was no longer necessary /haha.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':haha:' />. i enjoy reading fiction books, including sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, and adventure.

what brought me here: i had a problem with my monitor going into hibernate after i played a graphics-intense game. i don't think anyone answered my question (thanks guys...lol), but i did manage to solve the problem myself. but i just decided to stick around anyway. this is pretty much the only forum i frequent. since most of what i do at work is simply turning on a machine and waiting for it to do what i need it to do, i have quite a bit of "free" time in between, so this is where i am during those times...like right now ^_^.

"Everytime you buy something from Walmart you're supporting commercial corporate terrorism and the CEO sacrifices a kitten; you're not a corporate terrorist supporting kitten killer are you!?!?!?"

HDMI is simply DVI + audio; if a monitor doesn't have speakers, THERE'S NO REASON FOR IT TO HAVE HDMI!

Posted 08/18/2008 03:50 PM   
  1 / 12    
Scroll To Top