Cant open control panel, tried all solutions here.
Hi all,

Obviously this is an old problem, wich can so called be fixed with a modded inf or rumored to be fixed by newer driver versions.

here is what happend:

I originally had 2x 6800 ultras in sli wich i replaced last year by the newer 8800gts 640 mb.

yday i was able to sell the cards granted if they worked, so i removed my 8800gts and reinstalled them to insure myself and the costumer of the working cards.

i ofcourse uninstalled my 8800gts driver before the hardware changing, used drivercleaner aswell.

then replaced the card for 2x6800 and installed the last good driver i used for that.
not a single problem, both worked just fine. so did the control panel.

so now i was ready to delete the 6800 drivers again(after normal uninstall drivercleaner again)and reinstalled my 8800gts with the last driver i used(175.19)
strangely enough i found the control panel suddenly not working, so i reinstalled em but no succes.

tried to rolling back to previous drivers who all worked perfect before with the control panel, but they all suddenly seem to refuse to open the control panel.

very strange as before i had 0 problems with it on the same drivers.
i tried changing the given inf lines, turned of mal/spy ware scanners, firewalls etc etc you name it.

it all didnt work, so i thought maybe i should try the retail drivers from the box but they didnt work either for the control panel.

i really dont understand why previously perfect drivers now srew me up.

am i missing something here?

hope someone can help me with this,

Mog
Hi all,

Obviously this is an old problem, wich can so called be fixed with a modded inf or rumored to be fixed by newer driver versions.

here is what happend:

I originally had 2x 6800 ultras in sli wich i replaced last year by the newer 8800gts 640 mb.

yday i was able to sell the cards granted if they worked, so i removed my 8800gts and reinstalled them to insure myself and the costumer of the working cards.

i ofcourse uninstalled my 8800gts driver before the hardware changing, used drivercleaner aswell.

then replaced the card for 2x6800 and installed the last good driver i used for that.

not a single problem, both worked just fine. so did the control panel.

so now i was ready to delete the 6800 drivers again(after normal uninstall drivercleaner again)and reinstalled my 8800gts with the last driver i used(175.19)

strangely enough i found the control panel suddenly not working, so i reinstalled em but no succes.

tried to rolling back to previous drivers who all worked perfect before with the control panel, but they all suddenly seem to refuse to open the control panel.

very strange as before i had 0 problems with it on the same drivers.

i tried changing the given inf lines, turned of mal/spy ware scanners, firewalls etc etc you name it.

it all didnt work, so i thought maybe i should try the retail drivers from the box but they didnt work either for the control panel.

i really dont understand why previously perfect drivers now srew me up.

am i missing something here?

hope someone can help me with this,

Mog

Posted 08/09/2008 05:13 PM   
Drivercleaner is your problem.

use Driversweeper instead.
Drivercleaner is your problem.

use Driversweeper instead.

Posted 08/10/2008 03:04 PM   
Scroll To Top