GPU High Temperature
I have Dell 420 XPS Intel 2Quad CPU Q6600@2.406HZ Total memory 3GB ,available memory 2.1GB Navdia Graphic card 8800GT

During the long flight my GPU temp reaches 90C. Today Dell changed the CPU heat sink and replaced the FAN. I made a 2 Hours flight my temp stabilized around 80C. ( i am getting these temperature readings from Navidia nTune monitor)

Is this a normal temperature reading or Am I still experiencing high temperature? What should the normal C / F temperature be?

Thanks

Sanal
I have Dell 420 XPS Intel 2Quad CPU Q6600@2.406HZ Total memory 3GB ,available memory 2.1GB Navdia Graphic card 8800GT

During the long flight my GPU temp reaches 90C. Today Dell changed the CPU heat sink and replaced the FAN. I made a 2 Hours flight my temp stabilized around 80C. ( i am getting these temperature readings from Navidia nTune monitor)

Is this a normal temperature reading or Am I still experiencing high temperature? What should the normal C / F temperature be?

Thanks

Sanal

Posted 08/06/2008 09:27 PM   
[quote name='Sanal' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:27 PM']I have Dell 420 XPS Intel 2Quad CPU Q6600@2.406HZ Total memory 3GB ,available memory 2.1GB Navdia Graphic card 8800GT

During the long flight my GPU temp reaches 90C. Today Dell changed the CPU heat sink and replaced the FAN. I made a 2 Hours flight my temp stabilized around 80C. ( i am getting these temperature readings from Navidia nTune  monitor)

Thanks

Sanal
[right][snapback]421761[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I assume you are talking about a flight simulator? 80C is on the high side for my comfort level, but as long as its not going above this you're probably fine. Make sure you have room around your case so the hot air can be blown out and cool air sucked in effectively. That, and dusting/cable management could easily bring down your temps. You could use riva tuner or speedfan in order to check the fan speeds. It's possible that they aren't being run at higher levels even when the temp goes up.

Hopefully this helps you a bit. While I wouldn't be concerned about GPU temp, I always like to have it lower if I can without spending more money.
[quote name='Sanal' date='Aug 6 2008, 04:27 PM']I have Dell 420 XPS Intel 2Quad CPU Q6600@2.406HZ Total memory 3GB ,available memory 2.1GB Navdia Graphic card 8800GT

During the long flight my GPU temp reaches 90C. Today Dell changed the CPU heat sink and replaced the FAN. I made a 2 Hours flight my temp stabilized around 80C. ( i am getting these temperature readings from Navidia nTune  monitor)

Thanks

Sanal

[snapback]421761[/snapback]

I assume you are talking about a flight simulator? 80C is on the high side for my comfort level, but as long as its not going above this you're probably fine. Make sure you have room around your case so the hot air can be blown out and cool air sucked in effectively. That, and dusting/cable management could easily bring down your temps. You could use riva tuner or speedfan in order to check the fan speeds. It's possible that they aren't being run at higher levels even when the temp goes up.

Hopefully this helps you a bit. While I wouldn't be concerned about GPU temp, I always like to have it lower if I can without spending more money.

Posted 08/07/2008 03:10 PM   
Also, you can prevent hot air from beeing trapped under the pretty big video card by adding this fan:

[url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835299005"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835299005[/url]
Also, you can prevent hot air from beeing trapped under the pretty big video card by adding this fan:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835299005

Case: Antec P 180B. modded. 2 x 120mm Noctua fans.

Psu: Corsair HX 750W modular.

Mobo: EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR.

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 2.6GHz @ 3.4 GHz.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366.

RAM: Kingston HyperX 3GB DDR 3. 1600

Video cards: Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X Crossfire.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar 640gb Black edt.

Sound: Auzentech X-FI Prelude. Camebridge Desktop theatre 5.1 speakers.

Posted 08/07/2008 08:15 PM   
[quote name='senorbum' date='Aug 7 2008, 07:10 AM']I assume you are talking about a flight simulator?  80C is on the high side for my comfort level, but as long as its not going above this you're probably fine.  Make sure you have room around your case so the hot air can be blown out and cool air sucked in effectively.  That, and dusting/cable management could easily bring down your temps.  You could use riva tuner or speedfan in order to check the fan speeds.  It's possible that they aren't being run at higher levels even when the temp goes up. 

Hopefully this helps you a bit.  While I wouldn't be concerned about GPU temp, I always like to have it lower if I can without spending more money.
[right][snapback]422034[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for your replay. I installed Riva Tuner. Fan is now more effective. Temperature down.

Installation went smoothly.Only remaining small issue as follows: I put the temp and Fan Rpm icons to tool try as you see on attached picture.
Do I need leave graphic monitor all way on screen? If I click X on Display Monitor Temp/Fan icons also disappears from the toll tray. How can I hold these two icons on Tool Try.
Thanks
[quote name='senorbum' date='Aug 7 2008, 07:10 AM']I assume you are talking about a flight simulator?  80C is on the high side for my comfort level, but as long as its not going above this you're probably fine.  Make sure you have room around your case so the hot air can be blown out and cool air sucked in effectively.  That, and dusting/cable management could easily bring down your temps.  You could use riva tuner or speedfan in order to check the fan speeds.  It's possible that they aren't being run at higher levels even when the temp goes up. 

Hopefully this helps you a bit.  While I wouldn't be concerned about GPU temp, I always like to have it lower if I can without spending more money.

[snapback]422034[/snapback]

Thanks for your replay. I installed Riva Tuner. Fan is now more effective. Temperature down.

Installation went smoothly.Only remaining small issue as follows: I put the temp and Fan Rpm icons to tool try as you see on attached picture.

Do I need leave graphic monitor all way on screen? If I click X on Display Monitor Temp/Fan icons also disappears from the toll tray. How can I hold these two icons on Tool Try.

Thanks
Attachments

Riva_1.jpg

Posted 08/07/2008 08:16 PM   
In Riva Tuners main menue.

Click the tab "settings".

The check the boxes:

"Send to tray on close" and "Run at Windows start up".

You know you can monitor the load temp from inside a game too?

Right click the "Core temp" graph. Then choose "set up".

Check the box " Show temperature in on screen display". Click the "server button".

You must have the net connection open to do this. And enable the "Server button" every time after shutting down or rebooting.
In Riva Tuners main menue.

The check the boxes:

Check the box " Show temperature in on screen display". Click the "server button".

You must have the net connection open to do this. And enable the "Server button" every time after shutting down or rebooting.

Posted 08/07/2008 08:43 PM   
[quote name='where?wolf' date='Aug 7 2008, 12:43 PM']In Riva Tuners main menue.

The check the boxes:

[right][snapback]422189[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[quote name='where?wolf' date='Aug 7 2008, 12:43 PM']In Riva Tuners main menue.

The check the boxes:

[snapback]422189[/snapback]

Posted 08/08/2008 05:18 AM   
[quote name='Sanal' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:18 PM']
[right][snapback]422339[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thanks...I managed. /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />
[quote name='Sanal' date='Aug 7 2008, 09:18 PM']

[snapback]422339[/snapback]

Thanks...I managed. /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

Posted 08/08/2008 05:19 AM   
You're welcome. /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
You're welcome. /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Posted 08/08/2008 07:35 AM   
Scroll To Top