Direct3D Problem... DxDiag Can't Check Direct3D Anymore...
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/10/2008, 11:52:58
Machine name: JIM
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
(2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: MS-7235
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 201MB used, 1691MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7600 GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 512.0 MB

I uninstalled all nVidia Display Devices from my system, downloaded the following file from nVidia's Website:

175.19_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe

I installed it on my PC and then restarted my PC.

I then attempted to run DxDiag on my PC. Shortly after it starts running, a window containing the following message opens up on my screen:

DxDiag has detected that there may have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?

If I click the "No" button to force DxDiag to attempt to access Direct3D, the program crashes, asking me if I want to send a report to Microsoft.

If I click the "Yes" button allowing DxDiag to bypass Direct3D, it complets normally and allows me to view my system.

I want to know why this is happening? Is it something to do with the latest drivers? Should I be concerned?

Other than the problem with running DxDiag, I don't notice any problems with the system. I can still play World of Warcraft with no video or audio problems. I would like to be able to run DxDiag completely again. How about some advice here. Thanks.
------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 4/10/2008, 11:52:58

Machine name: JIM

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

(2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD

System Model: MS-7235

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Page File: 201MB used, 1691MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce 7600 GS

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

I uninstalled all nVidia Display Devices from my system, downloaded the following file from nVidia's Website:

175.19_geforce_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe

I installed it on my PC and then restarted my PC.

I then attempted to run DxDiag on my PC. Shortly after it starts running, a window containing the following message opens up on my screen:

DxDiag has detected that there may have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?

If I click the "No" button to force DxDiag to attempt to access Direct3D, the program crashes, asking me if I want to send a report to Microsoft.

If I click the "Yes" button allowing DxDiag to bypass Direct3D, it complets normally and allows me to view my system.

I want to know why this is happening? Is it something to do with the latest drivers? Should I be concerned?

Other than the problem with running DxDiag, I don't notice any problems with the system. I can still play World of Warcraft with no video or audio problems. I would like to be able to run DxDiag completely again. How about some advice here. Thanks.

Posted 07/30/2008 08:41 PM   
Download from microsoft again the latest updates for directx, maybe the installer will find the error.
Download from microsoft again the latest updates for directx, maybe the installer will find the error.

Posted 07/30/2008 08:59 PM   
Scroll To Top