Mass Effect error
So after my computer has been on for a day or so, whenever I try to run Mass Effect I get this error:

Rendering thread exception:
General protection fault!

History: GMatrix 2D:: Swap() Address = 0x10bb5676 (filename not found)

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812aeb (filename not found)
CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found)
GMatrix 2D::Swap() Address = 0x10d98373 (filename not found)
Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

After I reboot, the problem typically goes away, but this is the 2nd time this has happened. Any help is welcomed!

E8400, 9800 GTX 512mb, 2x2gb OCZ Reapers, Asus P5k-e mobo
So after my computer has been on for a day or so, whenever I try to run Mass Effect I get this error:

Rendering thread exception:

General protection fault!

History: GMatrix 2D:: Swap() Address = 0x10bb5676 (filename not found)

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812aeb (filename not found)

CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e69 (filename not found)

GMatrix 2D::Swap() Address = 0x10d98373 (filename not found)

Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

After I reboot, the problem typically goes away, but this is the 2nd time this has happened. Any help is welcomed!

E8400, 9800 GTX 512mb, 2x2gb OCZ Reapers, Asus P5k-e mobo

Posted 07/29/2008 08:34 PM   
Sounds like an online error/ or the game is not exiting properly.
Make sure the game is fully patched.
Sounds like an online error/ or the game is not exiting properly.

Make sure the game is fully patched.

Posted 08/09/2008 09:41 PM   
If you are overclocking your CPU/GPU make sure your system is cooled sufficiently...
I had many errors including that and in the end it was all due to high temperatures.
If you are overclocking your CPU/GPU make sure your system is cooled sufficiently...

I had many errors including that and in the end it was all due to high temperatures.

Sincerely

Nik K

JOIN Our Folding@Home NVIDIA User2User Forums Team.

TEAM NUMBER : 142900

PROJECT URL :

Normal Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

GPU Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Posted 08/09/2008 11:25 PM   
Can you actually play the game? Do you get the error just once in a while when you're playing?

~TCIND
Can you actually play the game? Do you get the error just once in a while when you're playing?

~TCIND

Posted 08/10/2008 01:20 AM   
That's a common problem and is a problem with the game. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but there are solutions for it on the official Mass Effect forums. If you look through the technical self-help forums for the PC version on bioware's site there are workarounds or fixes for just about every single problem reported so far with ME. Tons of stuff to read through, but worth it. It will save you a lot of headaches. A lot of fixes should be in a stickied thread on the first page, the rest are easily found within the first few pages or only a search away.
That's a common problem and is a problem with the game. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but there are solutions for it on the official Mass Effect forums. If you look through the technical self-help forums for the PC version on bioware's site there are workarounds or fixes for just about every single problem reported so far with ME. Tons of stuff to read through, but worth it. It will save you a lot of headaches. A lot of fixes should be in a stickied thread on the first page, the rest are easily found within the first few pages or only a search away.

Posted 08/20/2008 09:48 PM   
Scroll To Top