0x00000116 Stop Message
Hi,

I just got back from vacation and when I went to turn on my computer it started giving me a STOP error 0x00000116 about the nvidia graphics driver. This error occurs right when the Windows Vista log on screen should appear and I have yet to find a fix for it. Any one know how to fix this?

I have booted into safemode and deleted the graphics driver so the computer will at least boot but without the driver installed its pretty much pointless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi,

I just got back from vacation and when I went to turn on my computer it started giving me a STOP error 0x00000116 about the nvidia graphics driver. This error occurs right when the Windows Vista log on screen should appear and I have yet to find a fix for it. Any one know how to fix this?

I have booted into safemode and deleted the graphics driver so the computer will at least boot but without the driver installed its pretty much pointless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted 07/26/2008 05:58 PM   
That's a Vista error code, and Microsoft is the best source of information for that.

Go to the MS home page, and in the upper-right search box enter:

vista stop 0x00000116

and Lo! Thou shalt be given the wisdom known as "Troubleshooting steps" for that particular vexation...
That's a Vista error code, and Microsoft is the best source of information for that.

Go to the MS home page, and in the upper-right search box enter:

vista stop 0x00000116

and Lo! Thou shalt be given the wisdom known as "Troubleshooting steps" for that particular vexation...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 07/26/2008 06:18 PM   
That was the first thing I tried. Microsoft has no articles on this stop message that I could find.
That was the first thing I tried. Microsoft has no articles on this stop message that I could find.

Posted 07/26/2008 07:08 PM   
Scroll To Top