Help please.. Monitor Flashing on/off monitor flashing on and off gateway
Hey guys, I have a gateway with a 7600gt in it. and a 21inch gateway fpd2185w monitor.

well right now when im browsing the internet or watching movies on youtube, my monitor randomly flashes to the different inputs on it (from S-Video, Component, Composit) then back to DVI. I had the card installed by the Geeksquad and everything was working fine for about a year, then this started happened recently... now it happens
too often and its getting quite annoying.

It doesnt happen in games, only when im browsing the web.

My power supply is enough for this video card and my drivers are up to date.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Hey guys, I have a gateway with a 7600gt in it. and a 21inch gateway fpd2185w monitor.

well right now when im browsing the internet or watching movies on youtube, my monitor randomly flashes to the different inputs on it (from S-Video, Component, Composit) then back to DVI. I had the card installed by the Geeksquad and everything was working fine for about a year, then this started happened recently... now it happens

Thanks.

Posted 07/24/2008 05:35 PM   
[quote name='108Victum' date='Jul 24 2008, 12:35 PM']Hey guys, I have a gateway with a 7600gt in it. and a 21inch gateway fpd2185w monitor.

Thanks.
[right][snapback]415446[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Do you have onboard video or a backup card to test if this is a vid card problem? It could be, but there are also other things that could be having issues. Also "I had the card installed by the Geeksquad" is where you went wrong :-P. I would suggest testing it out if possible though.
[quote name='108Victum' date='Jul 24 2008, 12:35 PM']Hey guys, I have a gateway with a 7600gt in it. and a 21inch gateway fpd2185w monitor.

Thanks.

[snapback]415446[/snapback]

Do you have onboard video or a backup card to test if this is a vid card problem? It could be, but there are also other things that could be having issues. Also "I had the card installed by the Geeksquad" is where you went wrong :-P. I would suggest testing it out if possible though.

Posted 07/24/2008 05:45 PM   
[quote name='senorbum' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:45 AM']Do you have onboard video or a backup card to test if this is a vid card problem?  It could be, but there are also other things that could be having issues.  Also "I had the card installed by the Geeksquad" is where you went wrong :-P.  I would suggest testing it out if possible though.
[right][snapback]415450[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yes, i do have an on-board card. and i had it installed at geeksquad because i work in the geeksquad home theater dept and it was free, im tired of dealing with computers, this is the first one that i havent built myself. its kinda nice not having to do it yourself lol.

however, i cant remember how to enable the on board card for the life of me. its in the bios correct?
[quote name='senorbum' date='Jul 24 2008, 09:45 AM']Do you have onboard video or a backup card to test if this is a vid card problem?  It could be, but there are also other things that could be having issues.  Also "I had the card installed by the Geeksquad" is where you went wrong :-P.  I would suggest testing it out if possible though.

[snapback]415450[/snapback]

yes, i do have an on-board card. and i had it installed at geeksquad because i work in the geeksquad home theater dept and it was free, im tired of dealing with computers, this is the first one that i havent built myself. its kinda nice not having to do it yourself lol.

however, i cant remember how to enable the on board card for the life of me. its in the bios correct?

Posted 07/24/2008 06:12 PM   
[quote name='108Victum' date='Jul 24 2008, 01:12 PM']yes, i do have an on-board card. and i had it installed at geeksquad because i work in the geeksquad home theater dept and it was free, im tired of dealing with computers, this is the first one that i havent built myself. its kinda nice not having to do it yourself lol.

[right][snapback]415471[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Should be if I can remember right. I've never used onboard personally, but I'm pretty sure it is in the bios.
[quote name='108Victum' date='Jul 24 2008, 01:12 PM']yes, i do have an on-board card. and i had it installed at geeksquad because i work in the geeksquad home theater dept and it was free, im tired of dealing with computers, this is the first one that i havent built myself. its kinda nice not having to do it yourself lol.

[snapback]415471[/snapback]

Should be if I can remember right. I've never used onboard personally, but I'm pretty sure it is in the bios.

Posted 07/24/2008 06:18 PM   
[quote name='senorbum' date='Jul 24 2008, 10:18 AM']Should be if I can remember right.  I've never used onboard personally, but I'm pretty sure it is in the bios.
[right][snapback]415473[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yeah, im never into using any on board video..

the only thing that sucks is that the video card outputs are only DVI, 2 of them... can i switch to the other DVI output and still be able to get video on my monitor? or do i have to change some settings? I would like to check the DVI output first to see.
[quote name='senorbum' date='Jul 24 2008, 10:18 AM']Should be if I can remember right.  I've never used onboard personally, but I'm pretty sure it is in the bios.

[snapback]415473[/snapback]

yeah, im never into using any on board video..

the only thing that sucks is that the video card outputs are only DVI, 2 of them... can i switch to the other DVI output and still be able to get video on my monitor? or do i have to change some settings? I would like to check the DVI output first to see.

Posted 07/24/2008 06:26 PM   
[quote name='108Victum' date='Jul 24 2008, 01:26 PM']yeah, im never into using any on board video..

[right][snapback]415477[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good question. I think you can though. You might have to open up the display wizard or whatever nvidia gives you, but that shouldn't take long.
[quote name='108Victum' date='Jul 24 2008, 01:26 PM']yeah, im never into using any on board video..

[snapback]415477[/snapback]

Good question. I think you can though. You might have to open up the display wizard or whatever nvidia gives you, but that shouldn't take long.

Posted 07/24/2008 06:35 PM   
[quote name='senorbum' date='Jul 24 2008, 12:35 PM']Good question.  I think you can though.  You might have to open up the display wizard or whatever nvidia gives you, but that shouldn't take long.
[right][snapback]415482[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If it's your monitor changing the signal source then the VC won't be to blame. the VC wouldn't have an ability to send a request to the monitor to change the input signal. That would just be goofy.

If you don't have any other inputs to the monitor, then I would ask if the monitor has a VGA cable. if so, I would suggest the VGA input as a test (you won't lose picture quality, don't worry). Your machine should have come with a DVI-VGA adapter. If not, go bug geek squad and get one.

If you don't have a VGA on the monitor, I would recommend talking to gateway (good luck).
[quote name='senorbum' date='Jul 24 2008, 12:35 PM']Good question.  I think you can though.  You might have to open up the display wizard or whatever nvidia gives you, but that shouldn't take long.

[snapback]415482[/snapback]

If it's your monitor changing the signal source then the VC won't be to blame. the VC wouldn't have an ability to send a request to the monitor to change the input signal. That would just be goofy.

If you don't have any other inputs to the monitor, then I would ask if the monitor has a VGA cable. if so, I would suggest the VGA input as a test (you won't lose picture quality, don't worry). Your machine should have come with a DVI-VGA adapter. If not, go bug geek squad and get one.

If you don't have a VGA on the monitor, I would recommend talking to gateway (good luck).

Posted 07/24/2008 06:52 PM   
Scroll To Top