Counter strike 1.6 Max FPS
Before i bought a 8500gt I was getting about 70FPS on counter strike 1.6. When i installed the video card i get 60FPS, nothing lower or higher. How do i change it to get the real fps instead of this "max fps" thats fake. All of my friends that have Nvidia 8series cards have the same problem too.
Before i bought a 8500gt I was getting about 70FPS on counter strike 1.6. When i installed the video card i get 60FPS, nothing lower or higher. How do i change it to get the real fps instead of this "max fps" thats fake. All of my friends that have Nvidia 8series cards have the same problem too.

Posted 06/20/2008 06:05 AM   
[quote name='idamaster' date='Jun 20 2008, 01:05 AM']Before i bought a 8500gt I was getting about 70FPS on counter strike 1.6. When i installed the video card i get 60FPS, nothing lower or higher. How do i change it to get the real fps instead of this "max fps" thats fake. All of my friends that have Nvidia 8series cards have the same problem too.
[right][snapback]396756[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
There is no problem, just disable Verticle sync or Vsync inside the game's video options. Verticle sync stops your games from going over 60FPS because that is a typical minitor's freshresh rate and the games MIGHT tear and you could see things that look like somebody is ripping your graphics in half when you move around in the game.
[quote name='idamaster' date='Jun 20 2008, 01:05 AM']Before i bought a 8500gt I was getting about 70FPS on counter strike 1.6. When i installed the video card i get 60FPS, nothing lower or higher. How do i change it to get the real fps instead of this "max fps" thats fake. All of my friends that have Nvidia 8series cards have the same problem too.

[snapback]396756[/snapback]

There is no problem, just disable Verticle sync or Vsync inside the game's video options. Verticle sync stops your games from going over 60FPS because that is a typical minitor's freshresh rate and the games MIGHT tear and you could see things that look like somebody is ripping your graphics in half when you move around in the game.

Posted 06/20/2008 01:15 PM   
it isnt a problem, if you are bothered about the game running smoother you will leave vertical sync on too. but if you want to look at your fps and go "ooooh look wow" then disable vertical sync.
it isnt a problem, if you are bothered about the game running smoother you will leave vertical sync on too. but if you want to look at your fps and go "ooooh look wow" then disable vertical sync.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 06/20/2008 01:30 PM   
Scroll To Top