Can't Install Drivers
After installing the video card on the motherboard, the pc will boot up and the monitor is working. However, when I try to load the drivers, they start loading and then the screen blinks out a few times and I finally get a blue screen. I'm going to try repairing windows but was wondering if you have heard this before?
After installing the video card on the motherboard, the pc will boot up and the monitor is working. However, when I try to load the drivers, they start loading and then the screen blinks out a few times and I finally get a blue screen. I'm going to try repairing windows but was wondering if you have heard this before?

Posted 06/18/2008 07:17 PM   
[quote name='Gil22' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:17 AM']After installing the video card on the motherboard, the pc will boot up and the monitor is working. However, when I try to load the drivers, they start loading and then the screen blinks out a few times and I finally get a blue screen. I'm going to try repairing windows but was wondering if you have heard this before?
[right][snapback]395769[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Also wanted to mention that i'm using my HD TV as the monitor, could this be the problem as I have seen other posts about tv problems with these drivers.
[quote name='Gil22' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:17 AM']After installing the video card on the motherboard, the pc will boot up and the monitor is working. However, when I try to load the drivers, they start loading and then the screen blinks out a few times and I finally get a blue screen. I'm going to try repairing windows but was wondering if you have heard this before?

[snapback]395769[/snapback]

Also wanted to mention that i'm using my HD TV as the monitor, could this be the problem as I have seen other posts about tv problems with these drivers.

Posted 06/18/2008 07:25 PM   
[quote name='Gil22' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:25 AM']Also wanted to mention that i'm using my HD TV as the monitor, could this be the problem as I have seen other posts about tv problems with these drivers.
[right][snapback]395772[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Well I did a reinstall of windows last night and was still unable to load the drivers in normal mode, the screen would just go to a blinking cursor and hang. I then tried to load them in safe mode and was finally able to load the drivers but now my screen goes blank after the windows welcome screen. One thing I noticed and plan on trying to troubleshoot tonigth is that my pci bus driver is gone after the windows reinstall. Could this be whats causing the black screen at boot up?
[quote name='Gil22' date='Jun 18 2008, 11:25 AM']Also wanted to mention that i'm using my HD TV as the monitor, could this be the problem as I have seen other posts about tv problems with these drivers.

[snapback]395772[/snapback]

Well I did a reinstall of windows last night and was still unable to load the drivers in normal mode, the screen would just go to a blinking cursor and hang. I then tried to load them in safe mode and was finally able to load the drivers but now my screen goes blank after the windows welcome screen. One thing I noticed and plan on trying to troubleshoot tonigth is that my pci bus driver is gone after the windows reinstall. Could this be whats causing the black screen at boot up?

Posted 06/19/2008 03:36 PM   
[quote name='Gil22' date='Jun 19 2008, 11:36 AM']Well I did a reinstall of windows last night and was still unable to load the drivers in normal mode, the screen would just go to a blinking cursor and hang.  I then tried to load them in safe mode and was finally able to load the drivers but now my screen goes blank after the windows welcome screen.  One thing I noticed and plan on trying to troubleshoot tonigth is that my pci bus driver is gone after the windows reinstall. Could this be whats causing the black screen at boot up?
[right][snapback]396269[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You are not alone... but i haven't an answer for this problem.

Last sunday, i had to reinstall windows, but i had problems installing the nvidia drivers. We have the same problem: before the windows desktop appears, i got a black screen, a blue screen showing some error (so fast) and reboots. I can only access windows with a previus configuration, without the drivers.

One solution was to reinstall the drivers. That is, erase them from control panel, and erase nv4_disp.dll and nv4_mini.dll (or something like that) from the windows folder, files that are not erased by the uninstaller. But after re-install the nvidia drivers, i had the same problem.

In some forums i read that one solution is to download drivers for your motherboard (specially if you have a VIA-based chipset). The driver is called 4-in-1. I downloaded that driver, but after reinstall the nvidia driver, i had that problem again.

My card is an 8600GT, and i try to instal my old 6200TC, but the problem persists.

I hope that one of the solutions will work for you!.
[quote name='Gil22' date='Jun 19 2008, 11:36 AM']Well I did a reinstall of windows last night and was still unable to load the drivers in normal mode, the screen would just go to a blinking cursor and hang.  I then tried to load them in safe mode and was finally able to load the drivers but now my screen goes blank after the windows welcome screen.  One thing I noticed and plan on trying to troubleshoot tonigth is that my pci bus driver is gone after the windows reinstall. Could this be whats causing the black screen at boot up?

[snapback]396269[/snapback]

You are not alone... but i haven't an answer for this problem.

Last sunday, i had to reinstall windows, but i had problems installing the nvidia drivers. We have the same problem: before the windows desktop appears, i got a black screen, a blue screen showing some error (so fast) and reboots. I can only access windows with a previus configuration, without the drivers.

One solution was to reinstall the drivers. That is, erase them from control panel, and erase nv4_disp.dll and nv4_mini.dll (or something like that) from the windows folder, files that are not erased by the uninstaller. But after re-install the nvidia drivers, i had the same problem.

In some forums i read that one solution is to download drivers for your motherboard (specially if you have a VIA-based chipset). The driver is called 4-in-1. I downloaded that driver, but after reinstall the nvidia driver, i had that problem again.

My card is an 8600GT, and i try to instal my old 6200TC, but the problem persists.

I hope that one of the solutions will work for you!.

Posted 06/19/2008 04:08 PM   
Ok, I think I can help you guys.

What driver versions are you using? Or trying to install for that matter? And furthermore, I need complete system specs, as in CPU, Motherboard, Memory, Video Card, Operating system and any other little details (sound card and things).

Get back to me on this thread and I'll try to help you out.
Ok, I think I can help you guys.

What driver versions are you using? Or trying to install for that matter? And furthermore, I need complete system specs, as in CPU, Motherboard, Memory, Video Card, Operating system and any other little details (sound card and things).

Get back to me on this thread and I'll try to help you out.

Posted 06/20/2008 03:12 AM   
look in your device manager under monitors
what does it say?

if it says:
non plug and play device or generic TV haha good luck.
look in your device manager under monitors

what does it say?

if it says:

non plug and play device or generic TV haha good luck.

AMD 64 X2 4200+ @ 2.65ghz
ASUS A8N32-SLI-DELUXE 1405 BETA BIOS
4*512 DDR PC3200
2*8800GTS 512MB G92`S
VISTA PREMIUM 32BIT ALL UPDATES
LATEST DIRECTX (BI-MONTHLY)
LATEST NFORCE DRIVERS
LATEST GFORCE DRIVERS (USUALLY BETA)

Posted 06/20/2008 03:17 AM   
Scroll To Top