A new Driver Sweeper Dilemma
I was finally able to run the Guru Driver Sweeper. Unfortunately I swept too much! I was not sure as to whether I should sweep the NVIDIA Chipset or the NVIDIA Display (these are the two NVIDIA options given in addition to a variety of other components)......So....I swept both. Unfortunately that was the wrong choice as my NVIDIA nforce network controller was affected. Needless to say I lost my ability to get any and all internet whatsoever. I had to do a complete system recovery to get the internet back....but I am ready to attempt my update again. QUESTION: Do I sweep the chipset or the display so as to update my graphics card with a new, recommended driver. Or do I sweep both as presented in the driver sweeper console? If I sweep both I don't want to lose the ability to get on the internet.....believe me....I sat on the phone with my ISP provider and we attempted everything to reconnect. After we went to the device manager, we realized it was inevitable. I even attempted system restore for every date that was in the cache! Any and all comments and recommendations will be appreciated!!Thank you, I look forward to your response.
I was finally able to run the Guru Driver Sweeper. Unfortunately I swept too much! I was not sure as to whether I should sweep the NVIDIA Chipset or the NVIDIA Display (these are the two NVIDIA options given in addition to a variety of other components)......So....I swept both. Unfortunately that was the wrong choice as my NVIDIA nforce network controller was affected. Needless to say I lost my ability to get any and all internet whatsoever. I had to do a complete system recovery to get the internet back....but I am ready to attempt my update again. QUESTION: Do I sweep the chipset or the display so as to update my graphics card with a new, recommended driver. Or do I sweep both as presented in the driver sweeper console? If I sweep both I don't want to lose the ability to get on the internet.....believe me....I sat on the phone with my ISP provider and we attempted everything to reconnect. After we went to the device manager, we realized it was inevitable. I even attempted system restore for every date that was in the cache! Any and all comments and recommendations will be appreciated!!Thank you, I look forward to your response.

Posted 06/05/2008 03:00 AM   
[quote name='kud1968' date='Jun 4 2008, 07:00 PM']I was finally able to run the Guru Driver Sweeper.  Unfortunately I swept too much!  I was not sure as to whether I should sweep the NVIDIA Chipset or the NVIDIA Display (these are the two NVIDIA options given in addition to a variety of other components)......So....I swept both.  Unfortunately that was the wrong choice as my NVIDIA nforce network controller was affected.  Needless to say I lost my ability to get any and all internet whatsoever.  I had to do a complete system recovery to get the internet back....but I am ready to attempt my update again.  QUESTION:  Do I sweep the chipset or  the display so as to update my graphics card with a new, recommended driver.  Or do I  sweep both as presented in the driver sweeper console?  If I sweep both I don't want to lose the ability to get on the internet.....believe me....I sat on the phone with my ISP provider and we attempted everything to reconnect.  After we went to the device manager, we realized it was inevitable.  I even attempted system restore for every date that was in the cache!  Any and all comments and recommendations will be appreciated!!Thank you, I look forward to your response.
[right][snapback]388518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Only the display driver. And uninstall it and reboot before sweeping so it makes Windows "let go" of the files -- you can't sweep stuff that's in-use.
[quote name='kud1968' date='Jun 4 2008, 07:00 PM']I was finally able to run the Guru Driver Sweeper.  Unfortunately I swept too much!  I was not sure as to whether I should sweep the NVIDIA Chipset or the NVIDIA Display (these are the two NVIDIA options given in addition to a variety of other components)......So....I swept both.  Unfortunately that was the wrong choice as my NVIDIA nforce network controller was affected.  Needless to say I lost my ability to get any and all internet whatsoever.  I had to do a complete system recovery to get the internet back....but I am ready to attempt my update again.  QUESTION:  Do I sweep the chipset or  the display so as to update my graphics card with a new, recommended driver.  Or do I  sweep both as presented in the driver sweeper console?  If I sweep both I don't want to lose the ability to get on the internet.....believe me....I sat on the phone with my ISP provider and we attempted everything to reconnect.  After we went to the device manager, we realized it was inevitable.  I even attempted system restore for every date that was in the cache!  Any and all comments and recommendations will be appreciated!!Thank you, I look forward to your response.

[snapback]388518[/snapback]

Only the display driver. And uninstall it and reboot before sweeping so it makes Windows "let go" of the files -- you can't sweep stuff that's in-use.

Posted 06/05/2008 03:23 AM   
[quote name='kud1968' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:00 PM'] QUESTION:  Do I sweep the chipset or  the [b]display[/b] so as to update my [b]graphics card[/b] with a new, recommended driver.  Or do I  sweep both as presented in the driver sweeper console? 
[right][snapback]388518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
display=graphics card
[quote name='kud1968' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:00 PM'] QUESTION:  Do I sweep the chipset or  the display so as to update my graphics card with a new, recommended driver.  Or do I  sweep both as presented in the driver sweeper console? 

[snapback]388518[/snapback]

display=graphics card

Posted 06/05/2008 03:24 AM   
Scroll To Top