e-GeForce 7600 GS Help!!
I have never installed a video card before so I want to make sure I do it right. I purchased as stated above a g-geforce 7600 gs. I am not sure if I need to take out the other vid card and as I said I am not sure how to install the new one. The directions that came with the hardware are not very clear. Help and step-by-step instructions would be great. I also received a bunch of cables etc and I am not sure what to do with them. I tried to use the search function to find this question but it is not working.
Thanks.

I hope this is all the information you need

Mainboard : Asus A7N8X-E
Chipset : nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400
Processor : AMD Athlon XP @ 2166 MHz
Physical Memory : 768 MB
Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce FX 5200 [NV34.3]
Hard Disk : WDC (80 GB)
Hard Disk : ST325082 (250 GB)
DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DRU-840A USB Device
CD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON LTR-52327S
Monitor Type : ProView Technology - 19 inches
Network Card : Nvidia Corp nForce MCP-T Networking Adapter
Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2008)

Hardware Monitoring : Asus ASB100
Voltage CPU : 1.66 V
+3.3V Voltage : 3.31 V
+5V Voltage : 4.73 V
+12V Voltage : 11.55 V
Chassis Fan : 8437 rpm
Processor Temperature : 45 °C
Mainboard Temperature : 22 °C
:
Hard Disk Monitoring : S.M.A.R.T
Hard Disk Temperature WDC WD800BB-32DKA0 : 29 °C
I have never installed a video card before so I want to make sure I do it right. I purchased as stated above a g-geforce 7600 gs. I am not sure if I need to take out the other vid card and as I said I am not sure how to install the new one. The directions that came with the hardware are not very clear. Help and step-by-step instructions would be great. I also received a bunch of cables etc and I am not sure what to do with them. I tried to use the search function to find this question but it is not working.

Thanks.

I hope this is all the information you need

Mainboard : Asus A7N8X-E

Chipset : nVidia nForce2 Ultra 400

Processor : AMD Athlon XP @ 2166 MHz

Physical Memory : 768 MB

Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce FX 5200 [NV34.3]

Hard Disk : WDC (80 GB)

Hard Disk : ST325082 (250 GB)

DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD RW DRU-840A USB Device

CD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON LTR-52327S

Monitor Type : ProView Technology - 19 inches

Network Card : Nvidia Corp nForce MCP-T Networking Adapter

Network Card : Marvell Semiconductor (Was: Galileo Technology Ltd) Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper)

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2008)

Hardware Monitoring : Asus ASB100

Voltage CPU : 1.66 V

+3.3V Voltage : 3.31 V

+5V Voltage : 4.73 V

+12V Voltage : 11.55 V

Chassis Fan : 8437 rpm

Processor Temperature : 45 °C

Mainboard Temperature : 22 °C

:

Hard Disk Monitoring : S.M.A.R.T

Hard Disk Temperature WDC WD800BB-32DKA0 : 29 °C

Posted 06/04/2008 11:48 PM   
bump
bump

Posted 06/05/2008 07:36 PM   
It very simple.
1.Uninstall your actual Nvidia driver.
2.Restart computer
3.When you reenter windows cancel any new hardware instalation and turn off computer.
-Before going to step 4 make some precausions to avoid damage to your card like wear only cotton clothes, touch all the time the metal case to discharge and keep your components ready on antistatic surfaces.Do not touch the cards all over try to manuver them from the edges and try to avoid touchig the card contacts.You will also need a screwdriver.Before opening the case push few times the power button to release the aditional power stored in the capacitors on the board.
4.After you turned your computer OFF unplug the computer from the outlet remove all cables and place the computer on the side to be able to acces components after opening case.
-Look on the PSU and find the 12 Volts line Amperages if you have less than 25 Amps you may find out that your computer may not boot.You may abort here until you get a capable PSU.
5.Unscrew the actual video card and push/pull the agp retention mecanism if exists(info about this thing should be in mobo manual that may be found usualy on pdf format on the mobo manufacturer site in support pages or on paper in your house).If there is no retension mecanism extract the card gently from the edges but not to slow.
6.After removing the old card take the new one place it over the agp conector align it and push gently but not to slow until you feel/hear a clank sound.Look and see if the card seem aligned in the slot an fully seated.Screw the card.Place the aditional molex conector if is needed.This conector can be inserted before instaling the card or after ,your choice.Be sure the aux comector is also well inserted but again dont push hard to not brake the board conector.
7.Recheck all your work put the computer in place, reconect all your conectors for net, sound,mouse keyboard, atention on the monitor cable to be properly inserted,use the cable screws to drive the conector in.
8.Insert the power plug onto the outlet and press start.
9.If the computer behaves abnormal you may need to reset the bios.For reseting bios repeat the steps used before instaling(unplug and push the power button repetedly to clear all the power in the sistem) and then clear the cmos,read the instructions for you mobo.
If everything its ok install Forceware 91.47 or 93.71 ignoring the new hardware wizard.Reinstall latest Direct X 9.
Enjoy! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
It very simple.

1.Uninstall your actual Nvidia driver.

2.Restart computer

3.When you reenter windows cancel any new hardware instalation and turn off computer.

-Before going to step 4 make some precausions to avoid damage to your card like wear only cotton clothes, touch all the time the metal case to discharge and keep your components ready on antistatic surfaces.Do not touch the cards all over try to manuver them from the edges and try to avoid touchig the card contacts.You will also need a screwdriver.Before opening the case push few times the power button to release the aditional power stored in the capacitors on the board.

4.After you turned your computer OFF unplug the computer from the outlet remove all cables and place the computer on the side to be able to acces components after opening case.

-Look on the PSU and find the 12 Volts line Amperages if you have less than 25 Amps you may find out that your computer may not boot.You may abort here until you get a capable PSU.

5.Unscrew the actual video card and push/pull the agp retention mecanism if exists(info about this thing should be in mobo manual that may be found usualy on pdf format on the mobo manufacturer site in support pages or on paper in your house).If there is no retension mecanism extract the card gently from the edges but not to slow.

6.After removing the old card take the new one place it over the agp conector align it and push gently but not to slow until you feel/hear a clank sound.Look and see if the card seem aligned in the slot an fully seated.Screw the card.Place the aditional molex conector if is needed.This conector can be inserted before instaling the card or after ,your choice.Be sure the aux comector is also well inserted but again dont push hard to not brake the board conector.

7.Recheck all your work put the computer in place, reconect all your conectors for net, sound,mouse keyboard, atention on the monitor cable to be properly inserted,use the cable screws to drive the conector in.

8.Insert the power plug onto the outlet and press start.

9.If the computer behaves abnormal you may need to reset the bios.For reseting bios repeat the steps used before instaling(unplug and push the power button repetedly to clear all the power in the sistem) and then clear the cmos,read the instructions for you mobo.

If everything its ok install Forceware 91.47 or 93.71 ignoring the new hardware wizard.Reinstall latest Direct X 9.

Enjoy! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 06/06/2008 12:12 AM   
You should get a new Graphics card they stopped selling them on Tigerdirect I dont know if that has anything to do with your problem. I have a A7n8x Delux and when i put that same card in it did work probperly. It barely fits into the slot and its just not the best card you couldve gotten. You shouldve gotten a HD version they just remember to uninstall your drivers b4 you install the new card. When i put in a new hd graphics card its the X1650 pro Raidion its working so far i dont know what it is with that card. Sparkle offers little to no tech support for it. /bloated.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':X' /> Good luck ...
You should get a new Graphics card they stopped selling them on Tigerdirect I dont know if that has anything to do with your problem. I have a A7n8x Delux and when i put that same card in it did work probperly. It barely fits into the slot and its just not the best card you couldve gotten. You shouldve gotten a HD version they just remember to uninstall your drivers b4 you install the new card. When i put in a new hd graphics card its the X1650 pro Raidion its working so far i dont know what it is with that card. Sparkle offers little to no tech support for it. /bloated.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':X' /> Good luck ...

Posted 06/12/2008 03:34 AM   
Scroll To Top