medal of honor allied assault problem graphics card problem?
hey guys i have a problem with a very very old, but extremely fun game, MOHAA (medal of honor allied assault). the game starts up perfectly, and everything seems dandy when i get in. but when i go onto a server or play single player, the map and everything else is messed up. for example, what ever that is supposed to be a tree, its a huge block, and the ground thats supposed to be a road or gravel and such are just black blocks. so basically the whole game is a geometrical pattern.

what i did:
i downloaded the latest directx.

downloaded the latest driver for my graphix card (nvdia 6200)

downloaded patches for MOHAA, not like that would help anything but done out of desperation

reinstalled MOHAA

tinkered with the graphics settings

What went wrong:
NOTHING WORKED >.<

somebody please help we with this problem
hey guys i have a problem with a very very old, but extremely fun game, MOHAA (medal of honor allied assault). the game starts up perfectly, and everything seems dandy when i get in. but when i go onto a server or play single player, the map and everything else is messed up. for example, what ever that is supposed to be a tree, its a huge block, and the ground thats supposed to be a road or gravel and such are just black blocks. so basically the whole game is a geometrical pattern.

what i did:

i downloaded the latest directx.

downloaded the latest driver for my graphix card (nvdia 6200)

downloaded patches for MOHAA, not like that would help anything but done out of desperation

reinstalled MOHAA

tinkered with the graphics settings

What went wrong:

NOTHING WORKED >.<

somebody please help we with this problem

Posted 06/04/2008 10:58 AM   
When did the problem start? What components make up your system? You might have a legacy game driver problem. Nvidia has a history of updating drivers to enable more performance from the hardware; only to create problems with older applications/games.
When did the problem start? What components make up your system? You might have a legacy game driver problem. Nvidia has a history of updating drivers to enable more performance from the hardware; only to create problems with older applications/games.

AMD quad core 955 BE @ 3.6GHz
Seagate 250GB SATA, Lite On DVD writer SATA
2x2GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM, Asus M4N82 mobo
Thermaltake 650 watt PSU, eVga GTX 260-216
Samsung 953 monitor, Windows 7
ATH AD700 headphones, Lian Li PC-7 YCF

Posted 06/04/2008 11:08 AM   
[quote name='jonmichaelkelly' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:08 AM']When did the problem start?  What components make up your system?  You might have a legacy game driver problem.  Nvidia has a history of updating drivers to enable more performance from the hardware; only to create problems with older applications/games.
[right][snapback]388158[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

the problem started right when i started playing, i went into a game instantly after installing (and altering the video settings) and like EVERYTHING was messed up. there was like no original color to the objects and no definite shape either.

As far as components:
video card:NVIDIA GFORCE 6200
-Resolution-1152x864x60 hertz
-256 RAM
-32 Bits\Pixel
*Current Driver*
-nv4_disp.dll
*PROBLEMS*
-i just updated the driver but the driver that says is installed is said to be installed 2 years ago....is it that it didnt install correctly or did i just install an old driver
-the blocky figures in the game dont go away =(

P.S.: sorry if i wasn't much of a help, don't know much about my computer, or computers in general, try to be more specific in what you want to know and ill try hard to find it out.

Thanks for the help guys i really need it
[quote name='jonmichaelkelly' date='Jun 4 2008, 06:08 AM']When did the problem start?  What components make up your system?  You might have a legacy game driver problem.  Nvidia has a history of updating drivers to enable more performance from the hardware; only to create problems with older applications/games.

[snapback]388158[/snapback]

the problem started right when i started playing, i went into a game instantly after installing (and altering the video settings) and like EVERYTHING was messed up. there was like no original color to the objects and no definite shape either.

As far as components:

video card:NVIDIA GFORCE 6200

-Resolution-1152x864x60 hertz

-256 RAM

-32 Bits\Pixel

*Current Driver*

-nv4_disp.dll

*PROBLEMS*

-i just updated the driver but the driver that says is installed is said to be installed 2 years ago....is it that it didnt install correctly or did i just install an old driver

-the blocky figures in the game dont go away =(

P.S.: sorry if i wasn't much of a help, don't know much about my computer, or computers in general, try to be more specific in what you want to know and ill try hard to find it out.

Thanks for the help guys i really need it

Posted 06/05/2008 03:39 AM   
Did you uninstall the old driver before installing the new driver? I take it this system is older? Windows XP? Added any hardware to it lately? Is this the first time you've played the game?
Did you uninstall the old driver before installing the new driver? I take it this system is older? Windows XP? Added any hardware to it lately? Is this the first time you've played the game?

Posted 06/05/2008 03:47 AM   
[quote name='Hexen525' date='Jun 4 2008, 10:47 PM']Did you uninstall the old driver before installing the new driver? I take it this system is older? Windows XP? Added any hardware to it lately? Is this the first time you've played the game?
[right][snapback]388546[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
haha whoops, that might be it, any idea of tellin me how?

yeah my system is prettty old, its like a 6 year old computer thats been updated like 20 times with crap like graphix cards and uhhhh....idk more memory? but yeah its kidna old

hadent added any hardware, just an external memory card reader, dont think that affected anything.

this is the first time ive tried to play the game on this pc. ive played on other ones

again THANKS for helpin guys
[quote name='Hexen525' date='Jun 4 2008, 10:47 PM']Did you uninstall the old driver before installing the new driver? I take it this system is older? Windows XP? Added any hardware to it lately? Is this the first time you've played the game?

[snapback]388546[/snapback]

haha whoops, that might be it, any idea of tellin me how?

yeah my system is prettty old, its like a 6 year old computer thats been updated like 20 times with crap like graphix cards and uhhhh....idk more memory? but yeah its kidna old

hadent added any hardware, just an external memory card reader, dont think that affected anything.

this is the first time ive tried to play the game on this pc. ive played on other ones

again THANKS for helpin guys

Posted 06/06/2008 10:09 PM   
[quote name='jonmichaelkelly' date='Jun 4 2008, 12:08 PM']You might have a legacy game driver problem.  Nvidia has a history of updating drivers to enable more performance from the hardware; only to create problems with older applications/games.
[right][snapback]388158[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My 7900GS has been fine with all the old games I've tried, and this includes Medal of Honour Allied Assault. I can understand it if it wasn't a popular game, but generally the popular engines of old games tend to be well supported.
[quote name='jonmichaelkelly' date='Jun 4 2008, 12:08 PM']You might have a legacy game driver problem.  Nvidia has a history of updating drivers to enable more performance from the hardware; only to create problems with older applications/games.

[snapback]388158[/snapback]

My 7900GS has been fine with all the old games I've tried, and this includes Medal of Honour Allied Assault. I can understand it if it wasn't a popular game, but generally the popular engines of old games tend to be well supported.

Posted 06/06/2008 10:45 PM   
[quote name='filamericantrash' date='Jun 6 2008, 04:09 PM']haha whoops, that might be it, any idea of tellin me how?
[right][snapback]389732[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hit the FAQ in my sig for detailed instructions.
[quote name='filamericantrash' date='Jun 6 2008, 04:09 PM']haha whoops, that might be it, any idea of tellin me how?

[snapback]389732[/snapback]

Hit the FAQ in my sig for detailed instructions.

Posted 06/06/2008 11:35 PM   
alrite thanks guys ill try it out, i hope it will work, ill post back as soon as i try it
alrite thanks guys ill try it out, i hope it will work, ill post back as soon as i try it

Posted 06/07/2008 03:13 PM   
sorry fellas, it didnt work. ummm it says it uninstalled it, and that the new driver is in, but still blocks an' all that jazz.
sorry fellas, it didnt work. ummm it says it uninstalled it, and that the new driver is in, but still blocks an' all that jazz.

Posted 06/09/2008 08:31 PM   
Scroll To Top