Unable to Run Guru Driver Sweeper.
I have been having problems with my NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT (32 bit system). NVIDIA e-mailed me saying that I must uninstall my driver and then update it. But prior to updating I must clean the drive with the Guru Driver Sweeper. I cannot download this program to save my life. When I attempt to save the file my computer repeatedly tells me that I have unauthorized access to the destination folder. Then I run the program (which includes unzipping) I get three messages as it installs:
1. C:Program Files\Driver Sweeper\UNINS000.EXE An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory. Movefile failed: Code 5 -Access is denied.
Second Message- C: Program Files\Driver Sweeper\G3DDS.EXE An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory. Movefile failed: Code 5 -Access is denied.
Last Message-Unable To Execute File C:Program Files\Driver Sweeper\G3DDS.EXE Create Process failed:Code 2, The System cannot Find The File Specified.
After this last message the download ceases in its entirety. My computer is a HP Pavilion Media Center m8400f and I am a novice in regards to hardware and software (although problems are dramatically increasing my knowledgebase!) Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please respond also to kuddles369@msn.com. Thank you and I look forward to your response
I have been having problems with my NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT (32 bit system). NVIDIA e-mailed me saying that I must uninstall my driver and then update it. But prior to updating I must clean the drive with the Guru Driver Sweeper. I cannot download this program to save my life. When I attempt to save the file my computer repeatedly tells me that I have unauthorized access to the destination folder. Then I run the program (which includes unzipping) I get three messages as it installs:

1. C:Program Files\Driver Sweeper\UNINS000.EXE An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory. Movefile failed: Code 5 -Access is denied.

Second Message- C: Program Files\Driver Sweeper\G3DDS.EXE An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory. Movefile failed: Code 5 -Access is denied.

Last Message-Unable To Execute File C:Program Files\Driver Sweeper\G3DDS.EXE Create Process failed:Code 2, The System cannot Find The File Specified.

After this last message the download ceases in its entirety. My computer is a HP Pavilion Media Center m8400f and I am a novice in regards to hardware and software (although problems are dramatically increasing my knowledgebase!) Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Please respond also to kuddles369@msn.com. Thank you and I look forward to your response

Posted 06/04/2008 02:30 AM   
1) you are running vista right?
2) empty the folder that you are extracting to and extract to somewhere other then Program Files
3) attempt to run the program.

4) send a mail bomb to Microsoft for freaking up the Program Files location on vista.
1) you are running vista right?

2) empty the folder that you are extracting to and extract to somewhere other then Program Files

4) send a mail bomb to Microsoft for freaking up the Program Files location on vista.

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500GB SATA2 HDD's | Auzentech Forte S/C | Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti "Phantom 2" 2048MB | Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1 - x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.

Posted 06/04/2008 01:17 PM   
[quote name='Franpa' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:17 AM']1) you are running vista right?

[right][snapback]388205[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[quote name='Franpa' date='Jun 4 2008, 09:17 AM']1) you are running vista right?

[snapback]388205[/snapback]

Posted 06/04/2008 04:32 PM   
[quote name='kud1968' date='Jun 4 2008, 12:32 PM']
[right][snapback]388298[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thanks for the answer. What should I do if I cannot get this to work. I keep reading that if I install the new driver without first cleaning with guru, I am setting myself up for serious problems. I think that I am goint o do a system recovery just to start at scratch....let me know what you think!
[quote name='kud1968' date='Jun 4 2008, 12:32 PM']

[snapback]388298[/snapback]

Thanks for the answer. What should I do if I cannot get this to work. I keep reading that if I install the new driver without first cleaning with guru, I am setting myself up for serious problems. I think that I am goint o do a system recovery just to start at scratch....let me know what you think!

Posted 06/04/2008 04:35 PM   
I personally have not had problems arise from the past 12 or so driver revisions. I normally install over the top of the previous version.

You can run video benchmarks like 3dmark06 and games to see if anything is wrong.

The worst that can happen is you have multiple drivers from different versions of the display driver files installed which could lead to instability or something. This should easily be solvable from safe mode because your display drivers are not loaded in safe mode thus allowing you to uninstall them and reinstall.
I personally have not had problems arise from the past 12 or so driver revisions. I normally install over the top of the previous version.

You can run video benchmarks like 3dmark06 and games to see if anything is wrong.

The worst that can happen is you have multiple drivers from different versions of the display driver files installed which could lead to instability or something. This should easily be solvable from safe mode because your display drivers are not loaded in safe mode thus allowing you to uninstall them and reinstall.

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 1600 RAM | 2x 500GB SATA2 HDD's | Auzentech Forte S/C | Gainward Geforce GTX 560Ti "Phantom 2" 2048MB | Windows 7 Home Premium: Service Pack 1 - x64 | Thermaltake 750watt Toughpower Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case.

Posted 06/04/2008 11:42 PM   
Scroll To Top