Lord of the Rings Mod for Rome Total War
hey guys, if any of you are fans of LOTR (books, movies, or both), check this out:

[url="http://lotr-tw.net/"]LOTR:TW Total Conversion[/url]

it's a total conversion of rome, and it's heavily based on the movie. it's still in its BETA stages (open BETA), and the developers are still working on it to completion. i think they did an excellent job so far. there are lots of people in the community, and there are also people developing add-ons to it as well. read around the forums and check out the unique features they added to the mod.

you'll need rome's expansion, alexander TW, to play the single-player campaign because alexander supports unique portraits of generals, allowing characters like aragorn and gandalf to have their own portraits. also, since the timeframe of the mod is only during the war of the ring, starting from the lost of boromir to the destruction of sauron, the characters cannot age, and only alexander supports this feature.

some features of the mod (that i can think of on top of my head right now):
-able to recruit the fellowship (gandalf, aragorn, gimli, & legolas) at the beginning of the game if playing as rohan or gondor.
-unique portraits of main characters in the movie, including the nazguls.
-beautiful models of elven, orcish (including uruk-hai), dwarven, goblin, and human units, based on their depictions in the movie.
-able to capture the One Ring from either frodo or gollum and inherit its power...and curse.
-able to recruit the army of the dead if playing as gondor or rohan and having aragorn as a general w/ anduril.
-playing as the southrons will give you access to mumakils, and playing as mordor will give you access to fellbeast, which is the witch king's mount, and black riders, which are the mounts of the rest of the nazguls.
-trolls are also in the game.
-able to destroy the One Ring at mt. doom, which will instantly destroy mordor.
-LOTR music for each faction.
-best of all, if you're mordor and you're able to capture and bring the One Ring back to barad-dur, sauron will become his physical form (like in the battle of last alliance in FOTR), and you'll have the most uber general...the second most uber unit...in the game (the first unit being the army of the dead).
-and many more little details here and there that really makes it feel like you're playing the movie.

features that are currently being worked on:
-unique building models for each race/faction.
-more unit description and missing unit portraits.
-fix bugs.
-fix/improve AI and scripts.
-possibly more units, such as ents.
-more unique voices for generals, including addition of pre-battle speeches.
-possibly unique cities, such as minas tirith, helm's deep, isengard, and osgiliath. but due to the limitations of rome's engine, this is still pretty far-fetched.

before installing, read the instructions [b]carefully[/b] to have it work correctly, but if you need help, there's a huge "troubleshootings" thread to help you out.

yes, i'm a member on there and so just wanted to spread the word ^_^.
hey guys, if any of you are fans of LOTR (books, movies, or both), check this out:

LOTR:TW Total Conversion

it's a total conversion of rome, and it's heavily based on the movie. it's still in its BETA stages (open BETA), and the developers are still working on it to completion. i think they did an excellent job so far. there are lots of people in the community, and there are also people developing add-ons to it as well. read around the forums and check out the unique features they added to the mod.

you'll need rome's expansion, alexander TW, to play the single-player campaign because alexander supports unique portraits of generals, allowing characters like aragorn and gandalf to have their own portraits. also, since the timeframe of the mod is only during the war of the ring, starting from the lost of boromir to the destruction of sauron, the characters cannot age, and only alexander supports this feature.

some features of the mod (that i can think of on top of my head right now):

-able to recruit the fellowship (gandalf, aragorn, gimli, & legolas) at the beginning of the game if playing as rohan or gondor.

-unique portraits of main characters in the movie, including the nazguls.

-beautiful models of elven, orcish (including uruk-hai), dwarven, goblin, and human units, based on their depictions in the movie.

-able to capture the One Ring from either frodo or gollum and inherit its power...and curse.

-able to recruit the army of the dead if playing as gondor or rohan and having aragorn as a general w/ anduril.

-playing as the southrons will give you access to mumakils, and playing as mordor will give you access to fellbeast, which is the witch king's mount, and black riders, which are the mounts of the rest of the nazguls.

-trolls are also in the game.

-able to destroy the One Ring at mt. doom, which will instantly destroy mordor.

-LOTR music for each faction.

-best of all, if you're mordor and you're able to capture and bring the One Ring back to barad-dur, sauron will become his physical form (like in the battle of last alliance in FOTR), and you'll have the most uber general...the second most uber unit...in the game (the first unit being the army of the dead).

-and many more little details here and there that really makes it feel like you're playing the movie.

features that are currently being worked on:

-unique building models for each race/faction.

-more unit description and missing unit portraits.

-fix bugs.

-fix/improve AI and scripts.

-possibly more units, such as ents.

-more unique voices for generals, including addition of pre-battle speeches.

-possibly unique cities, such as minas tirith, helm's deep, isengard, and osgiliath. but due to the limitations of rome's engine, this is still pretty far-fetched.

before installing, read the instructions carefully to have it work correctly, but if you need help, there's a huge "troubleshootings" thread to help you out.

yes, i'm a member on there and so just wanted to spread the word ^_^.

"Everytime you buy something from Walmart you're supporting commercial corporate terrorism and the CEO sacrifices a kitten; you're not a corporate terrorist supporting kitten killer are you!?!?!?"

HDMI is simply DVI + audio; if a monitor doesn't have speakers, THERE'S NO REASON FOR IT TO HAVE HDMI!

Posted 05/19/2008 06:46 PM   
website is back up /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
website is back up /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

"Everytime you buy something from Walmart you're supporting commercial corporate terrorism and the CEO sacrifices a kitten; you're not a corporate terrorist supporting kitten killer are you!?!?!?"

HDMI is simply DVI + audio; if a monitor doesn't have speakers, THERE'S NO REASON FOR IT TO HAVE HDMI!

Posted 05/22/2008 04:23 AM   
what a clever and creative way to degrade the total war franchise!

i dint like the BFME games cause TW is so much better,
what a clever and creative way to degrade the total war franchise!

i dint like the BFME games cause TW is so much better,

Fretmaster

______ ____ ______ ___ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Case-Ultra eTorque Mid-t tool free dual 120mm fans
Mobo-EVGA 650i Ultra 1333MHz fsb 4 dimm DDR2 800MHz
CPU-Intel Allendale E1200 Dual Core 1.6GHz OC'd to 2.7GHz
PSU-Ultra X-Connect 500w modular/ 28A on 12v
RAM-2048mb DDR2 667mhz Dual channel 4-4-4-12
GPU-PNY XLR8 8800gt 512mb 256-bit 600/1350/1800
_________ _ _ _ _ __ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Posted 05/22/2008 05:09 AM   
if you play it, it's NOTHING like those BFME trash. even the developers said that they were so dissatisfied with BFME games, and that was why they made the mod /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />.

it's just a nice change for any LOTR fans that have RTW. if you actually check it out, you'll see ^_^.
if you play it, it's NOTHING like those BFME trash. even the developers said that they were so dissatisfied with BFME games, and that was why they made the mod /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />.

it's just a nice change for any LOTR fans that have RTW. if you actually check it out, you'll see ^_^.

Posted 05/22/2008 04:16 PM   
Scroll To Top