WHQL 175.16 - remote desktop fails
  1 / 7    
I've just upgraded to the above drivers and can no longer remote desktop into my machine. The event viewer shows "RDPDD.dll failed to load"
In desperation I've uninstalled the driver and gone back to an earlier release (169.32) and remote desktop works again!
Has anyone else had this issue with the latest driver? Is there a fix?
I've got an XFX 8800 GTS 512 card and am running XP Pro SP3.

Thanks
I've just upgraded to the above drivers and can no longer remote desktop into my machine. The event viewer shows "RDPDD.dll failed to load"

In desperation I've uninstalled the driver and gone back to an earlier release (169.32) and remote desktop works again!

Thanks

Posted 05/15/2008 12:04 AM   
[quote name='ChrisF' date='May 14 2008, 08:04 PM']I've just upgraded to the above drivers and can no longer remote desktop into my machine. The event viewer shows "RDPDD.dll failed to load"

Thanks
[right][snapback]377244[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

wow...thanks for this post...i thought I was going nuts....and had just found the old ati article myself so i checked here and saw same thing happening to me happening to you. Yeah I am experiencing the problem. Have a 8800 GT myself. on win xp sp2. It sure is annoying since I find the newer driver to be a lot more stable over all on my setup.
[quote name='ChrisF' date='May 14 2008, 08:04 PM']I've just upgraded to the above drivers and can no longer remote desktop into my machine. The event viewer shows "RDPDD.dll failed to load"

Thanks

[snapback]377244[/snapback]

wow...thanks for this post...i thought I was going nuts....and had just found the old ati article myself so i checked here and saw same thing happening to me happening to you. Yeah I am experiencing the problem. Have a 8800 GT myself. on win xp sp2. It sure is annoying since I find the newer driver to be a lot more stable over all on my setup.

Posted 05/15/2008 04:02 AM   
Same here. RDP is broken now.
Same here. RDP is broken now.

Posted 05/15/2008 09:21 AM   
Same here with GeForce 8800 GT 512 Mo
But driver 175.16 works with a GeForce 6800 GT 256 Mo on another PC.
Both PC have XP Pro SP3

Remote Desktop works with 174.74 beta and 8800 GT
Same here with GeForce 8800 GT 512 Mo

But driver 175.16 works with a GeForce 6800 GT 256 Mo on another PC.

Both PC have XP Pro SP3

Remote Desktop works with 174.74 beta and 8800 GT

Posted 05/15/2008 03:43 PM   
Well I guess I'm glad it's not just me. Anyone know how we lodge this issue with NVidia for a fix? I can't seem to find where on their site you lodge a bug report. :'(
Well I guess I'm glad it's not just me. Anyone know how we lodge this issue with NVidia for a fix? I can't seem to find where on their site you lodge a bug report. :'(

Posted 05/16/2008 12:13 AM   
[quote name='ChrisF' date='May 15 2008, 04:13 PM']Well I guess I'm glad it's not just me. Anyone know how we lodge this issue with NVidia for a fix? I can't seem to find where on their site you lodge a bug report.  :'(
[right][snapback]377739[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The real unbelievable thing about this bug is that it was present in the 175.16 beta driver from May 6 which has been submitted to Microsoft for WHQL certification.

So, what the hell are those guys doing? But hey it's probably in line with the rest of the company.
[quote name='ChrisF' date='May 15 2008, 04:13 PM']Well I guess I'm glad it's not just me. Anyone know how we lodge this issue with NVidia for a fix? I can't seem to find where on their site you lodge a bug report.  :'(

[snapback]377739[/snapback]

The real unbelievable thing about this bug is that it was present in the 175.16 beta driver from May 6 which has been submitted to Microsoft for WHQL certification.

So, what the hell are those guys doing? But hey it's probably in line with the rest of the company.

Posted 05/16/2008 07:20 AM   
[quote name='eRAZOR2008' date='May 16 2008, 03:20 AM']The real unbelievable thing about this bug is that it was present in the 175.16 beta driver from May 6 which has been submitted to Microsoft for WHQL certification.

[right][snapback]377859[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

erazor....is your card also an 8800?

guys could this be just a conflict with 8800 series?

cause so far thats 3 confirmed 8800 and a confirmed working with a non 8800

anyone else out there get rdp to work with the 175.16 drivers with an 8800 series card?
[quote name='eRAZOR2008' date='May 16 2008, 03:20 AM']The real unbelievable thing about this bug is that it was present in the 175.16 beta driver from May 6 which has been submitted to Microsoft for WHQL certification.

[snapback]377859[/snapback]

erazor....is your card also an 8800?

anyone else out there get rdp to work with the 175.16 drivers with an 8800 series card?

Posted 05/16/2008 11:10 AM   
[quote name='crabit' date='May 16 2008, 06:10 AM']erazor....is your card also an 8800?

[right][snapback]377928[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I have a geforce 6200 here with the latest 175.16 drivers and the same exact problem with RDC not working and throwing the same error, so it seems driver related and not card related. The last version driver (I think dated Dec 17, 2007 or thereabouts) never had this problem.

I, too, hope nvidia can fix this issue as this driver set seems more stable than the previous on my system. I'd hate to have to roll back.
[quote name='crabit' date='May 16 2008, 06:10 AM']erazor....is your card also an 8800?

[snapback]377928[/snapback]

I have a geforce 6200 here with the latest 175.16 drivers and the same exact problem with RDC not working and throwing the same error, so it seems driver related and not card related. The last version driver (I think dated Dec 17, 2007 or thereabouts) never had this problem.

I, too, hope nvidia can fix this issue as this driver set seems more stable than the previous on my system. I'd hate to have to roll back.

Posted 05/16/2008 06:36 PM   
[quote name='crabit' date='May 16 2008, 03:10 AM']erazor....is your card also an 8800?

[right][snapback]377928[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

8800GT yes.
[quote name='crabit' date='May 16 2008, 03:10 AM']erazor....is your card also an 8800?

[snapback]377928[/snapback]

8800GT yes.

Posted 05/16/2008 08:48 PM   
[quote name='Vchat20' date='May 17 2008, 07:36 AM']I have a geforce 6200 here with the latest 175.16 drivers and the same exact problem with RDC not working and throwing the same error, so it seems driver related and not card related. The last version driver (I think dated Dec 17, 2007 or thereabouts) never had this problem.

[right][snapback]378053[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'd also love to move to this driver as it solves an issue with the current driver I'm using but I need RDC working. I can't believe this got WHQL certified with this type of a bug in it! /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

Anyone know how to lodge this with NVidia for a fix?
[quote name='Vchat20' date='May 17 2008, 07:36 AM']I have a geforce 6200 here with the latest 175.16 drivers and the same exact problem with RDC not working and throwing the same error, so it seems driver related and not card related. The last version driver (I think dated Dec 17, 2007 or thereabouts) never had this problem.

[snapback]378053[/snapback]

I'd also love to move to this driver as it solves an issue with the current driver I'm using but I need RDC working. I can't believe this got WHQL certified with this type of a bug in it! /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

Anyone know how to lodge this with NVidia for a fix?

Posted 05/16/2008 10:07 PM   
I have this problem as well. Luckily a google search led me to graphics drivers. I had recently formatted so it was going to be hard to pinpoint otherwise.

RDP = RDP DisplayDriver?

Not sure what this stands for, but yes I get....

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event ID: 26
Application popup: : \SystemRoot\System32\RDPDD.dll failed to load

I use Remote Desktop constantly, so no upgrading drivers for me until this gets fixed.

eVGA 8800GTS 640MB here.
I have this problem as well. Luckily a google search led me to graphics drivers. I had recently formatted so it was going to be hard to pinpoint otherwise.

RDP = RDP DisplayDriver?

Not sure what this stands for, but yes I get....

Event Type: Information

Event Source: Application Popup

Event ID: 26

Application popup: : \SystemRoot\System32\RDPDD.dll failed to load

I use Remote Desktop constantly, so no upgrading drivers for me until this gets fixed.

eVGA 8800GTS 640MB here.

i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz
Asus P8Z77-V PRO
16GB Corsair Vengeance
EVGA GTX680 Superclocked
2X 240GB Corsair Force GT (RAID 0)
2X 500GB WD RE3 (RAID 0)
1X 2TB WD Caviar Black (eSATA, for backups)

Posted 05/17/2008 12:57 AM   
Same here.
I've a 7600gt on windows xp pro sp3.

This is a very old problem. It seems that remote desktop always had conflicts with video cards because i found discussions about them dated 2005.
Video card drivers are not perfect, but remote desktop too.
Hope in a solution by nvidia soon.
Same here.

I've a 7600gt on windows xp pro sp3.

This is a very old problem. It seems that remote desktop always had conflicts with video cards because i found discussions about them dated 2005.

Video card drivers are not perfect, but remote desktop too.

Hope in a solution by nvidia soon.

Posted 05/17/2008 08:44 PM   
ok...so apparently it is now info gathering time...
I submited a question to nvidia's support

response was:
================================================
[quote]Hello Crabit,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand from your email that you have a GeForce 8800 GT graphics card and MSTSC aka Remote Desktop no longer works after upgrading to driver version 175.16.

In order to assist you better I would require additional information regarding the system. Please perform the following to send us the system information.

1) Click on the Start button
2) Select Run
3) In the Open field, type in "msinfo32" and then press the OK button
4) This will bring up the Microsoft System Information Utility. Click on File and then 'Save' to save this information to your hard drive. You may give it any name you choose.
5) Once the file is been saved on your hard drive, attach it to this support request so that we may review your system configuration.

In order to find out the model number of the chipset you have on your motherboard, please visit the website given below and download the utility:

[url="http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php"]http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php[/url]

This is a free utility. You do not need to install the utility to extract the details. All you have to do is:
Download the zip file,
Unzip the files to a directory,
Run the .exe file and save information in a .doc file or html format and send it to us
To remove the program, just delete the files. It is simple.

We look forward for your reply to assist you better.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care
[/quote]

=====================================================

so if you guys want to follow suit
do that as well and you can submit a ticket by going to nvidia's page and attach that info ...going to support...chosing faq's and knowledgebase...then click on the ask a question tab.

cheers
Crabit
ok...so apparently it is now info gathering time...

response was:

Hello Crabit,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

I understand from your email that you have a GeForce 8800 GT graphics card and MSTSC aka Remote Desktop no longer works after upgrading to driver version 175.16.

In order to assist you better I would require additional information regarding the system. Please perform the following to send us the system information.

1) Click on the Start button

2) Select Run

3) In the Open field, type in "msinfo32" and then press the OK button

4) This will bring up the Microsoft System Information Utility. Click on File and then 'Save' to save this information to your hard drive. You may give it any name you choose.

5) Once the file is been saved on your hard drive, attach it to this support request so that we may review your system configuration.

In order to find out the model number of the chipset you have on your motherboard, please visit the website given below and download the utility:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

This is a free utility. You do not need to install the utility to extract the details. All you have to do is:

Download the zip file,

Unzip the files to a directory,

Run the .exe file and save information in a .doc file or html format and send it to us

To remove the program, just delete the files. It is simple.

We look forward for your reply to assist you better.

Regards,

NVIDIA Customer Care

do that as well and you can submit a ticket by going to nvidia's page and attach that info ...going to support...chosing faq's and knowledgebase...then click on the ask a question tab.

cheers

Crabit

Posted 05/17/2008 09:25 PM   
[quote name='crabit' date='May 18 2008, 10:25 AM']ok...so apparently it is now info gathering time...

response was:

cheers
Crabit
[right][snapback]378584[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Nice work! Will do ASAP! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
[quote name='crabit' date='May 18 2008, 10:25 AM']ok...so apparently it is now info gathering time...

response was:

cheers

Crabit

[snapback]378584[/snapback]

Nice work! Will do ASAP! /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 05/17/2008 10:33 PM   
OK, so looks like I got a response back from Nvidia finally...seems a little slow compared to their initial response asking me for system stats, so I think this was really the first time they are acknowledging it as an issue...but they ARE acknowledging it...and that is a win in my book.

[quote]Response (Troy W) 05/20/2008 12:08 PM
Hi Crabit,

NVIDIA Software Development is already aware of this issue that happens with the 175.16 drivers and are investigating it with Microsoft for a resolution. If this is critical as a workaround keep using the older drivers until Development can address this problem.

Best regards,
NVIDIA
[/quote]
OK, so looks like I got a response back from Nvidia finally...seems a little slow compared to their initial response asking me for system stats, so I think this was really the first time they are acknowledging it as an issue...but they ARE acknowledging it...and that is a win in my book.

Response (Troy W) 05/20/2008 12:08 PM

Hi Crabit,

NVIDIA Software Development is already aware of this issue that happens with the 175.16 drivers and are investigating it with Microsoft for a resolution. If this is critical as a workaround keep using the older drivers until Development can address this problem.

Best regards,

NVIDIA

Posted 05/20/2008 09:08 PM   
  1 / 7    
Scroll To Top