Rundll32 error on startup-8800GT-help
Hi: I am not computer wizard but I will do my best.

I recently purchased and installed a NVIDIA 8800 GT 512 MHZ card and it worked great in my comp till about a week later. I would get an error message"Windows host rundll32 failed to start" or something and my cmp would look like garbage. It was like i was in safe mode. My colors would be messed up and my resolution off. I called HP (maker of my comp) and they advised me to removed card and run a system restore. As of now, my comp does not have the new card in it and I'm getting the itch to use it again. Called NVIDIA help line and they advised me to run memtest.org.

At the time I was using the lastest driver for the card. My compter is as follows:

AMD athlon 64x2 duel core 5000+
3072 MB system memory
400 G hard drive

When I do re-install the card I don't want to have to go through all this again. Can someone help me figure out what caused the error and how to prevent another when I put the card back in.

Like I said I don't know much about troubleshooting or modifying programs and such. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Hi: I am not computer wizard but I will do my best.

I recently purchased and installed a NVIDIA 8800 GT 512 MHZ card and it worked great in my comp till about a week later. I would get an error message"Windows host rundll32 failed to start" or something and my cmp would look like garbage. It was like i was in safe mode. My colors would be messed up and my resolution off. I called HP (maker of my comp) and they advised me to removed card and run a system restore. As of now, my comp does not have the new card in it and I'm getting the itch to use it again. Called NVIDIA help line and they advised me to run memtest.org.

At the time I was using the lastest driver for the card. My compter is as follows:

AMD athlon 64x2 duel core 5000+

3072 MB system memory

400 G hard drive

When I do re-install the card I don't want to have to go through all this again. Can someone help me figure out what caused the error and how to prevent another when I put the card back in.

Like I said I don't know much about troubleshooting or modifying programs and such. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Posted 05/05/2008 06:57 PM   
Scroll To Top