Bioshock Crash It crash at loading before the game go!
I had upgraded my desktop before I got this game. anyhow I tried to play this game it will crash when loading screen is working once the loading near to start the game it crash right out to desktop with Bioshock.exe error.

spec setup:

Intel Quad chip Q6600 2.4Ghz (4cpu)
MSI P7N Diamond i780 chip mobo
Cosair DDR2 PC8500 1066Mhz
MSI Nvidia NX8800 GT (factory OC verson) 512mb
2x HDD WD 320GB in Raid-0
PSU 1K SLI ready came with case CMstacker

I have everything updated and still crash sameplace, I even reinstall the drivers and still get those darn crash.

Funny thing is I also have Laptop that is from Dell XPS M170 which have 2Ghz centrino chip intel with 2GB ram DDR with 120GB HDD 17" LCD Widescreen with 7800 GTX Go-Geforce Video card 256MB game WORKS!

right now my goal is to get my desktop working with this game but other game like BF2, Doom3 even with exps pack, Quake 4, FFXI works just fine with this setup on desktop. PLease help what you can or ask what info do you need from me Thanks!
I had upgraded my desktop before I got this game. anyhow I tried to play this game it will crash when loading screen is working once the loading near to start the game it crash right out to desktop with Bioshock.exe error.

spec setup:

Intel Quad chip Q6600 2.4Ghz (4cpu)

MSI P7N Diamond i780 chip mobo

Cosair DDR2 PC8500 1066Mhz

MSI Nvidia NX8800 GT (factory OC verson) 512mb

2x HDD WD 320GB in Raid-0

PSU 1K SLI ready came with case CMstacker

I have everything updated and still crash sameplace, I even reinstall the drivers and still get those darn crash.

Funny thing is I also have Laptop that is from Dell XPS M170 which have 2Ghz centrino chip intel with 2GB ram DDR with 120GB HDD 17" LCD Widescreen with 7800 GTX Go-Geforce Video card 256MB game WORKS!

right now my goal is to get my desktop working with this game but other game like BF2, Doom3 even with exps pack, Quake 4, FFXI works just fine with this setup on desktop. PLease help what you can or ask what info do you need from me Thanks!

Posted 04/24/2008 11:21 PM   
Got to [url="http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/index.php"]http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/index.php[/url] Someone there might be able to help u. They have a FAQ.
Got to http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/index.php Someone there might be able to help u. They have a FAQ.

Posted 04/24/2008 11:24 PM   
[quote name='Saturnplanet5' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:24 PM']Got to [url="http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/index.php"]http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/index.php[/url] Someone there might be able to help u. They have a FAQ.
[right][snapback]367985[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I already been asking them and they are no help at all.
[quote name='Saturnplanet5' date='Apr 24 2008, 04:24 PM']Got to http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/index.php Someone there might be able to help u. They have a FAQ.

[snapback]367985[/snapback]

I already been asking them and they are no help at all.

Posted 04/24/2008 11:39 PM   
[quote name='Pantherxps' date='Apr 25 2008, 09:21 AM']I had upgraded my desktop before I got this game.  anyhow I tried to play this game it will crash when loading screen is working once the loading near to start the game it crash right out to desktop with Bioshock.exe error.
[right][snapback]367984[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Updated your Bioshock to 1.1, then download a no cd 1.1 for it.
[quote name='Pantherxps' date='Apr 25 2008, 09:21 AM']I had upgraded my desktop before I got this game.  anyhow I tried to play this game it will crash when loading screen is working once the loading near to start the game it crash right out to desktop with Bioshock.exe error.

[snapback]367984[/snapback]

Updated your Bioshock to 1.1, then download a no cd 1.1 for it.

Posted 04/25/2008 12:40 AM   
[quote name='iCookie' date='Apr 24 2008, 05:40 PM']Updated your Bioshock to 1.1, then download a no cd 1.1 for it.
[right][snapback]367995[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I did install that and still have same crash.
[quote name='iCookie' date='Apr 24 2008, 05:40 PM']Updated your Bioshock to 1.1, then download a no cd 1.1 for it.

[snapback]367995[/snapback]

I did install that and still have same crash.

Posted 04/25/2008 02:11 AM   
hmmm interesting I would check your ram, your hard drives for bad sectors, Reinstall your OS meaning you kill the partition on the hard drive, repartition it, format it. Make sure every thing is connected into your computer correctly. Dnload the video drivers from EVGA.com, do not I repeat do not let Windows install drivers for your video card... install your drivers last of course
install os
install all updates for the os only meaning any hardware stuff leave it alone.
install your video, and other hardware drivers, i just install video and sound drivers that I get from www.evga.com
install all games and apps and your set, but warning for your next computer build go with all EVGA parts... 1 tech support is better, community is the best out of all the nvidia hardware distributers.
hmmm interesting I would check your ram, your hard drives for bad sectors, Reinstall your OS meaning you kill the partition on the hard drive, repartition it, format it. Make sure every thing is connected into your computer correctly. Dnload the video drivers from EVGA.com, do not I repeat do not let Windows install drivers for your video card... install your drivers last of course

install os

install all updates for the os only meaning any hardware stuff leave it alone.

install your video, and other hardware drivers, i just install video and sound drivers that I get from www.evga.com

install all games and apps and your set, but warning for your next computer build go with all EVGA parts... 1 tech support is better, community is the best out of all the nvidia hardware distributers.

Posted 05/06/2008 07:20 PM   
possibilities: out-dated nvidia driver or faulty installation. it kind of seems more like the latter. maybe try installing the updated patch for bioshock.
possibilities: out-dated nvidia driver or faulty installation. it kind of seems more like the latter. maybe try installing the updated patch for bioshock.

"Everytime you buy something from Walmart you're supporting commercial corporate terrorism and the CEO sacrifices a kitten; you're not a corporate terrorist supporting kitten killer are you!?!?!?"

HDMI is simply DVI + audio; if a monitor doesn't have speakers, THERE'S NO REASON FOR IT TO HAVE HDMI!

Posted 05/06/2008 07:45 PM   
[quote name='kida' date='May 6 2008, 03:45 PM']possibilities: out-dated nvidia driver or faulty installation. it kind of seems more like the latter. maybe try installing the updated patch for bioshock.
[right][snapback]373387[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
He said he already did that...
[quote name='kida' date='May 6 2008, 03:45 PM']possibilities: out-dated nvidia driver or faulty installation. it kind of seems more like the latter. maybe try installing the updated patch for bioshock.

[snapback]373387[/snapback]

He said he already did that...

Posted 05/06/2008 09:09 PM   
[quote name='iCookie' date='Apr 24 2008, 08:40 PM']Updated your Bioshock to 1.1, then download a no cd 1.1 for it.
[right][snapback]367995[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
There's a no-CD patch available?...

BTW, OP never said just which driver is being used, and in the spirit of good timing should probably try the new [url="http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us"]GeForce 175.16 BETA[/url]. Might be a good idea to try and update to the [url="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740AC79A-5B72-447D-84F9-EE6407ED1A91&displaylang=en"]Mar '08 DirectX end-User Runtime[/url] as well.
[quote name='iCookie' date='Apr 24 2008, 08:40 PM']Updated your Bioshock to 1.1, then download a no cd 1.1 for it.

[snapback]367995[/snapback]

There's a no-CD patch available?...

BTW, OP never said just which driver is being used, and in the spirit of good timing should probably try the new GeForce 175.16 BETA. Might be a good idea to try and update to the Mar '08 DirectX end-User Runtime as well.

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 05/06/2008 09:38 PM   
[quote name='jaafaman' date='May 6 2008, 05:38 PM']There's a no-CD patch available?...

[/quote]
There is but its not official, mostly used for people pirating the game or sick of putting in the disk each time they want to play it.
[quote name='jaafaman' date='May 6 2008, 05:38 PM']There's a no-CD patch available?...

There is but its not official, mostly used for people pirating the game or sick of putting in the disk each time they want to play it.

Posted 05/06/2008 09:41 PM   
[quote name='donta1979' date='May 6 2008, 05:41 PM']There is but its not official, mostly used for people pirating the game or sick of putting in the disk each time they want to play it.
[right][snapback]373460[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ah so - yo comprendo...
[quote name='donta1979' date='May 6 2008, 05:41 PM']There is but its not official, mostly used for people pirating the game or sick of putting in the disk each time they want to play it.

[snapback]373460[/snapback]

Ah so - yo comprendo...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 05/06/2008 09:46 PM   
[quote name='jaafaman' date='May 6 2008, 05:46 PM']Ah so - yo comprendo...
[right][snapback]373467[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
lol, I pre ordered bioshock for my pc, and dnloaded it the second it was available on direct2drive.com, so I got my copy without a disk kind of handy just bites if I have to reinstall windows a bunch of times over a weekend... since the key is on a timer with a really secure anti piracy network direct2drive uses... Still waiting on them to email me back about my copy of the witcher, decided to play with sp1 over the weekend and fully found out what to do what not to do, how to install ect, bad part is I cannot play the witcher right now due to the license timer...
[quote name='jaafaman' date='May 6 2008, 05:46 PM']Ah so - yo comprendo...

[snapback]373467[/snapback]

lol, I pre ordered bioshock for my pc, and dnloaded it the second it was available on direct2drive.com, so I got my copy without a disk kind of handy just bites if I have to reinstall windows a bunch of times over a weekend... since the key is on a timer with a really secure anti piracy network direct2drive uses... Still waiting on them to email me back about my copy of the witcher, decided to play with sp1 over the weekend and fully found out what to do what not to do, how to install ect, bad part is I cannot play the witcher right now due to the license timer...

Posted 05/06/2008 09:53 PM   
Scroll To Top