Do I need additional cooling devices? Building new computer
Subject: Do I need to buy more fans/cooling system?

Hello everyone,

I am building a new system with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
GeForce 8800GTX
ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard
4 gigs ram
COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137)

Haven't chosen a powersource yet, but will obviously be 750 or 1k watts.

**Not planning to overclock anything**

The case has three fans and all the user comments say it has great air flow.

Do I need to buy more fans/ cooling system, do you think? The case can handle it I'm just not sure whether I need to.

Thank you. Please feel free also to comment on the build. Motherboard good? Recommend a powersource?
Subject: Do I need to buy more fans/cooling system?

Hello everyone,

I am building a new system with the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

GeForce 8800GTX

ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard

4 gigs ram

COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC/ ABS ATX Mid Tower Computer Case (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137)

Haven't chosen a powersource yet, but will obviously be 750 or 1k watts.

**Not planning to overclock anything**

The case has three fans and all the user comments say it has great air flow.

Do I need to buy more fans/ cooling system, do you think? The case can handle it I'm just not sure whether I need to.

Thank you. Please feel free also to comment on the build. Motherboard good? Recommend a powersource?

Posted 04/22/2008 09:10 PM   
you will be fine with the three fans it comes with.

if ur after a goooood PSU that will last u ages and money isnt an issue get the galaxy 1000 watt psu /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
you will be fine with the three fans it comes with.

if ur after a goooood PSU that will last u ages and money isnt an issue get the galaxy 1000 watt psu /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 04/22/2008 09:19 PM   
If you haven't already bought the case, NCIXUS.com has it for $15 cheaper. For the system you listed, you could easily get away with a GOOD 600-750W PSU. Look for one that has 35+A combined on the +12v rail. OCZ, Corsair, Antec, Silverstone, and CoolerMaster are a few of the good names in that power range.

Axis
If you haven't already bought the case, NCIXUS.com has it for $15 cheaper. For the system you listed, you could easily get away with a GOOD 600-750W PSU. Look for one that has 35+A combined on the +12v rail. OCZ, Corsair, Antec, Silverstone, and CoolerMaster are a few of the good names in that power range.

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 04/22/2008 10:40 PM   
Stock cooling is fine if you don't overclock, and you can usually pull off a decent overclock on stock cooling as well. To my understanding, Core 2 CPUs often are massive overclockers and do not require much additional cooling.

If you're worried about it, get a Zalman, they move air pretty good through the entire case and are not too terribly expensive.

Cooler Master cases are usually well designed for ventilation too, they live up to their name in that regards.
Stock cooling is fine if you don't overclock, and you can usually pull off a decent overclock on stock cooling as well. To my understanding, Core 2 CPUs often are massive overclockers and do not require much additional cooling.

If you're worried about it, get a Zalman, they move air pretty good through the entire case and are not too terribly expensive.

Cooler Master cases are usually well designed for ventilation too, they live up to their name in that regards.

Posted 04/24/2008 03:11 AM   
Scroll To Top