Graphics Drivers Vs Performance Drivers
This may seem like a very silly question to some, but what is the difference between the Nvidia Graphics Drivers and the Nvidia Performance Drivers?

Do they both supply display drivers for your card? Do you need to install one or both?
This may seem like a very silly question to some, but what is the difference between the Nvidia Graphics Drivers and the Nvidia Performance Drivers?

Do they both supply display drivers for your card? Do you need to install one or both?

Posted 04/21/2008 01:20 AM   
Nvidia Graphics Drivers and Nvidia Performance Drivers ??????
Where did you see that ?

Only Nvidia Modded drivers have these 2 options
1st option for better image quality
2nd option for better performance with cost to image quality.
Nvidia Graphics Drivers and Nvidia Performance Drivers ??????

Where did you see that ?

Only Nvidia Modded drivers have these 2 options

1st option for better image quality

2nd option for better performance with cost to image quality.

Sincerely

Nik K

JOIN Our Folding@Home NVIDIA User2User Forums Team.

TEAM NUMBER : 142900

PROJECT URL :

Normal Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

GPU Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Posted 04/21/2008 11:05 AM   
thank you very much for clearing that up, i had an idea that would be the case, but i wanted to make 100% sure before i went messing with drivers again. I saw it for the drivers for the quadro cards
thank you very much for clearing that up, i had an idea that would be the case, but i wanted to make 100% sure before i went messing with drivers again. I saw it for the drivers for the quadro cards

Posted 04/21/2008 01:06 PM   
The performance drivers installer is included with the 185.85 WHQL release
The performance drivers installer is included with the 185.85 WHQL release

Posted 05/12/2009 12:30 PM   
I am also installing the Quadro driver. It'd help if this thread also mentioned what level of difference there is. Just an estimate is enough, if there are no exact comparisons. Are we talking about 4 or 40% frame rate difference and easily or hardly visible quality difference? What kind of images does the quality have effect on and in what applications?
I am also installing the Quadro driver. It'd help if this thread also mentioned what level of difference there is. Just an estimate is enough, if there are no exact comparisons. Are we talking about 4 or 40% frame rate difference and easily or hardly visible quality difference? What kind of images does the quality have effect on and in what applications?

Posted 01/17/2010 08:50 PM   
The NVIDIA Graphics Driver is technically a more stable driver. It will likely have been sent to ISVs for qual but since they are older, they may not have some performance optimizations of newer drivers or may not have some optimizations for newer recently released software. The Performance version is not as heavily tested by our ISVs but may perform better with a new workstation title just released or perform faster than older drivers.
The NVIDIA Graphics Driver is technically a more stable driver. It will likely have been sent to ISVs for qual but since they are older, they may not have some performance optimizations of newer drivers or may not have some optimizations for newer recently released software. The Performance version is not as heavily tested by our ISVs but may perform better with a new workstation title just released or perform faster than older drivers.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 01/18/2010 07:07 PM   
Scroll To Top