ASUS P5N-E Onboard Ethernet - Not Working
I've recently assembled a new PC with an ASUS P5N-E motherboard with nForce 650i SLI chipset. And, to cut a long story short, the Ethernet (nVidia nForce Network Controller) is installed correctly in Device Manager, but if I connect it to my router, or another PC directly, it doesn't function at all.

The router does not pick it up as a connected device, and the system itself says it cannot acquire an IP address. The other systems connected to my router (Macs and PCs, WiFi and cable), are all working fine -- the router is definitely not the issue.

So, yeah, I'm left with no Internet connection and no network on that machine. I'm running Vista on it, but since it's new I formatted and installed XP just to see if it was a Vista issue -- it isn't, XP's exactly the same.

I've tried multiple Ethernet cables, not that the cable should be the issue as the same one works fine with other systems I've got.

I've got the latest drivers from the nVidia website for the Ethernet controller.

Any ideas?
I've recently assembled a new PC with an ASUS P5N-E motherboard with nForce 650i SLI chipset. And, to cut a long story short, the Ethernet (nVidia nForce Network Controller) is installed correctly in Device Manager, but if I connect it to my router, or another PC directly, it doesn't function at all.

The router does not pick it up as a connected device, and the system itself says it cannot acquire an IP address. The other systems connected to my router (Macs and PCs, WiFi and cable), are all working fine -- the router is definitely not the issue.

So, yeah, I'm left with no Internet connection and no network on that machine. I'm running Vista on it, but since it's new I formatted and installed XP just to see if it was a Vista issue -- it isn't, XP's exactly the same.

I've tried multiple Ethernet cables, not that the cable should be the issue as the same one works fine with other systems I've got.

I've got the latest drivers from the nVidia website for the Ethernet controller.

Any ideas?

Posted 04/15/2008 09:04 AM   
This is a dual LAN board?

Double check if controller #1 or #2 is enabled .

Try plugging the ethernet cable into top and bottom NIC.
This is a dual LAN board?

Double check if controller #1 or #2 is enabled .

Try plugging the ethernet cable into top and bottom NIC.

Posted 04/17/2008 04:55 AM   
I have the same problem, except I can fix it.
I pulled the pin on my motherboard that sets the Bios into default setting, adjusted my settings, then shut off power and moved the pin back. When it starts it says to reset the settings, do it again to make sure, then restart. It works. This happens when it sleeps. Don't use sleep with vista and this motherboard.
Hope this helps.
I have the same problem, except I can fix it.

I pulled the pin on my motherboard that sets the Bios into default setting, adjusted my settings, then shut off power and moved the pin back. When it starts it says to reset the settings, do it again to make sure, then restart. It works. This happens when it sleeps. Don't use sleep with vista and this motherboard.

Hope this helps.

Posted 04/20/2008 03:35 PM   
Scroll To Top