8800 GT Textures Freezing/Flashing
Hello Everyone,

I am having issues with my evga 8800gt. This is my first build and I am pretty new at this stuff.
I can play crysis for 5 minutes before the textures of the game start flashing and changing colours that they are not supposed to be. I have to then close the game and restart. I don't think heat is an issue because i boost my fan too 100% and it doesn't get past 65C. I have the 174.74 beta driver installed. Also, it is not just crysis that does this I also get it after playing Oblivion.
I have the 780i nForce mobo with the Intel Quad Core 6700, 4 gigs of corsair ram and an Ultra 750 watt ps
Other than this problem it works perfectly.

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance, Steve
Hello Everyone,

I am having issues with my evga 8800gt. This is my first build and I am pretty new at this stuff.

I can play crysis for 5 minutes before the textures of the game start flashing and changing colours that they are not supposed to be. I have to then close the game and restart. I don't think heat is an issue because i boost my fan too 100% and it doesn't get past 65C. I have the 174.74 beta driver installed. Also, it is not just crysis that does this I also get it after playing Oblivion.

I have the 780i nForce mobo with the Intel Quad Core 6700, 4 gigs of corsair ram and an Ultra 750 watt ps

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance, Steve

Posted 04/09/2008 11:40 PM   
have yu tried non beta drivers? and flashing the motherboard BIOS to the latest version?
have yu tried non beta drivers? and flashing the motherboard BIOS to the latest version?

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 04/09/2008 11:46 PM   
Yes I have tryed the non betas but have not tried to update the BIOS. What will this do for the problem and how would i go about doing this? Sorry for being a noob
Yes I have tryed the non betas but have not tried to update the BIOS. What will this do for the problem and how would i go about doing this? Sorry for being a noob

Posted 04/10/2008 12:27 AM   
Hey there,

I think i'm getting a problem similar. Some textures/shadows are flickering in crysis. E can see better when i equip flashlight in some weapon and then point it to some object (eg. a locker etc).

I've noticed this problem for the first time in the end of "Awakening" level (in Korean General's cutscene - on his nanosuit). I'm running under Vista 32 bit, 140.83 Beta drivers and i've tried a lot of nvidia previous drivers but no one seems to solve my problem.

Sorry about my english
[quote name='Cheesegraterr' post='359663' date='Apr 9 2008, 11:40 PM']Hello Everyone,

Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance, Steve[/quote]
Hey there,

I think i'm getting a problem similar. Some textures/shadows are flickering in crysis. E can see better when i equip flashlight in some weapon and then point it to some object (eg. a locker etc).

I've noticed this problem for the first time in the end of "Awakening" level (in Korean General's cutscene - on his nanosuit). I'm running under Vista 32 bit, 140.83 Beta drivers and i've tried a lot of nvidia previous drivers but no one seems to solve my problem.

Sorry about my english

[quote name='Cheesegraterr' post='359663' date='Apr 9 2008, 11:40 PM']Hello Everyone,

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance, Steve

Posted 11/17/2008 01:32 PM   
Scroll To Top