Adjusting fan speed?
I'm running a Jaton PX358LE-Twin PCI-E card (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE chipset) on a Shuttle P6-6800 with Vista Business. I like the card, but it has a very noisy fan, and I'd like to see if I can adjust the fan speed to quiet things down. Here are my questions:

(1) How do I determine whether my card will let me adjust the fan speed? Do all graphics cards with fans have this ability?

(2) If I can adjust the fan speed, how do I do it? I can't use nTune--The computer is an AMD dual-core, and nTune blows up the OS when I install it. I also tried Riva Tune, but it doesn't show a Fan tab in the Settings dialog. Is there another utility?

Thanks for your help!
I'm running a Jaton PX358LE-Twin PCI-E card (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE chipset) on a Shuttle P6-6800 with Vista Business. I like the card, but it has a very noisy fan, and I'd like to see if I can adjust the fan speed to quiet things down. Here are my questions:

(1) How do I determine whether my card will let me adjust the fan speed? Do all graphics cards with fans have this ability?

(2) If I can adjust the fan speed, how do I do it? I can't use nTune--The computer is an AMD dual-core, and nTune blows up the OS when I install it. I also tried Riva Tune, but it doesn't show a Fan tab in the Settings dialog. Is there another utility?

Thanks for your help!

Posted 01/12/2008 07:36 PM   
[quote name='dcveeneman' date='Jan 12 2008, 02:36 PM']I'm running a Jaton PX358LE-Twin PCI-E card (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE chipset) on a Shuttle P6-6800 with Vista Business. I like the card, but it has a very noisy fan, and I'd like to see if I can adjust the fan speed to quiet things down. Here are my questions:

Thanks for your help!
[right][snapback]309197[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You can try SpeedFan but If RivaTuner won't let you, I doubt any software will. If you have fan control on your motherboard, you could adapt the fan plug to fit one of the motherboard slots and control it from there.

Axis
[quote name='dcveeneman' date='Jan 12 2008, 02:36 PM']I'm running a Jaton PX358LE-Twin PCI-E card (NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE chipset) on a Shuttle P6-6800 with Vista Business. I like the card, but it has a very noisy fan, and I'd like to see if I can adjust the fan speed to quiet things down. Here are my questions:

Thanks for your help!

[snapback]309197[/snapback]

You can try SpeedFan but If RivaTuner won't let you, I doubt any software will. If you have fan control on your motherboard, you could adapt the fan plug to fit one of the motherboard slots and control it from there.

Axis

[CPU] QX6700 @ 3.50ghz with TR Ultra 120 Extreme (XP Pro)
[MB] DFI LP LT X48
[GPU] MSI GTX260
[Mem] Corsair Dominators 2x2gig PC2 8500
[HDD] 3X Seagate SATA- 180, 250, and 320
[PSU] OCZ GamersXtreme GsxSli 600w
[Case] CoolerMaster CM690

Posted 01/12/2008 07:47 PM   
Scroll To Top