newbie, how do install new driver?
Hey guys just want to know before I install a new driver do I have to uninstall the old one first??? I've got windows vista home premium so would be it bad to uninstall the driver first with this OS if that's what your suppose to do??

Also I downloaded the us english one, it said all english languages I think then somewhere on the page??? I'm in Australia so our language is more the uk english but does it really matter anyway?? Howcome the UK one is 20 more mb to download? (nvidia 6 series ive got geforce 6200 turbocache (tm)) The auto detection from the site gave me the us english download so I guess mine us english anyway??

Yeah anyway so more importantly just want to know about the installation coz I'm not sure if it's ok to uninstall the driver first on the vista home premium coz this OS is pretty much all about the graphics and if your graphics card not good enough then it's bad and with no driver for a few mins I have no idea if it would stuff up and let me install the new one or what coz I'm a newbie and yeah lol

Thanks guys :)
Hey guys just want to know before I install a new driver do I have to uninstall the old one first??? I've got windows vista home premium so would be it bad to uninstall the driver first with this OS if that's what your suppose to do??

Also I downloaded the us english one, it said all english languages I think then somewhere on the page??? I'm in Australia so our language is more the uk english but does it really matter anyway?? Howcome the UK one is 20 more mb to download? (nvidia 6 series ive got geforce 6200 turbocache (tm)) The auto detection from the site gave me the us english download so I guess mine us english anyway??

Yeah anyway so more importantly just want to know about the installation coz I'm not sure if it's ok to uninstall the driver first on the vista home premium coz this OS is pretty much all about the graphics and if your graphics card not good enough then it's bad and with no driver for a few mins I have no idea if it would stuff up and let me install the new one or what coz I'm a newbie and yeah lol

Posted 01/05/2008 06:49 AM   
[quote name='vesh' date='Jan 5 2008, 07:49 AM']Hey guys just want to know before I install a new driver do I have to uninstall the old one first??? I've got windows vista home premium so would be it bad to uninstall the driver first with this OS if that's what your suppose to do??

[right][snapback]305242[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hi!

Always uninstall the present video card driver first. Never install video card drivers on top of eachother. This, as you may have scraps and pieces of old drivers left, still in the registry giving you problems sooner or later.

If you wanna be really careful about it?

Use this driver cleaner after you have uninstalled.

[url="http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745"]http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745[/url]

This is how you use the cleaner:

Enable the multiple filter.

Add following to the filter:

Nvida, Nvida wdm and Nvidia stereo.

Run the cleaner and reboot.

Install the new driver.

No, the language does'nt matter. I use both U.K. english and US english drivers. And I'm from Sweden lol.
[quote name='vesh' date='Jan 5 2008, 07:49 AM']Hey guys just want to know before I install a new driver do I have to uninstall the old one first??? I've got windows vista home premium so would be it bad to uninstall the driver first with this OS if that's what your suppose to do??

[snapback]305242[/snapback]

Hi!

Always uninstall the present video card driver first. Never install video card drivers on top of eachother. This, as you may have scraps and pieces of old drivers left, still in the registry giving you problems sooner or later.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Install the new driver.

No, the language does'nt matter. I use both U.K. english and US english drivers. And I'm from Sweden lol.

Case: Antec P 180B. modded. 2 x 120mm Noctua fans.

Psu: Corsair HX 750W modular.

Mobo: EVGA 141-BL-E757-TR.

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920 2.6GHz @ 3.4 GHz.

Cpu cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE1366.

RAM: Kingston HyperX 3GB DDR 3. 1600

Video cards: Sapphire HD 4890 Vapor-X Crossfire.

HDD: Western Digital Caviar 640gb Black edt.

Sound: Auzentech X-FI Prelude. Camebridge Desktop theatre 5.1 speakers.

Posted 01/05/2008 06:58 AM   
[quote name='where?wolf' date='Jan 5 2008, 04:58 PM']Hi!

[url="http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745"]http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745[/url]

Install the new driver.

[right][snapback]305246[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Cool thanks man. That driver cleaner, any idea if it runs good with vista?? If not would a registry cleaner do the job?

Also if I stuff something up is there a way to get the old driver like with a system restore or something?

Sorry with the questions I just wanna make sure everythings right
[quote name='where?wolf' date='Jan 5 2008, 04:58 PM']Hi!

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Install the new driver.

[snapback]305246[/snapback]

Cool thanks man. That driver cleaner, any idea if it runs good with vista?? If not would a registry cleaner do the job?

Also if I stuff something up is there a way to get the old driver like with a system restore or something?

Posted 01/05/2008 08:51 AM   
[quote name='vesh' date='Jan 5 2008, 09:51 AM']Cool thanks man. That driver cleaner, any idea if it runs good with vista?? If not would a registry cleaner do the job?

[right][snapback]305273[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hi!

Yeah, it should work in Vista at least so I have heard.

You can find tons of old drivers here:

[url="http://downloads.guru3d.com/"]http://downloads.guru3d.com/[/url]

No problems. Better ask one question too many, than 1 too few. :)

You're welcome.
[quote name='vesh' date='Jan 5 2008, 09:51 AM']Cool thanks man. That driver cleaner, any idea if it runs good with vista?? If not would a registry cleaner do the job?

[snapback]305273[/snapback]

Hi!

Yeah, it should work in Vista at least so I have heard.

You can find tons of old drivers here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/

No problems. Better ask one question too many, than 1 too few. :)

You're welcome.

Posted 01/05/2008 09:32 AM   
ah k thanks where?wolf! I'm just relaly hoping when I install the driver first that the vista doesn't stuff up and won't let me install the new driver
ah k thanks where?wolf! I'm just relaly hoping when I install the driver first that the vista doesn't stuff up and won't let me install the new driver

Posted 01/05/2008 12:14 PM   
everything worked out well, thanks where?wolf!
everything worked out well, thanks where?wolf!

Posted 01/06/2008 02:53 AM   
[quote name='vesh' date='Jan 6 2008, 03:53 AM']everything worked out well, thanks where?wolf!
[right][snapback]305635[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Glad it worked.

You're welcome.
[quote name='vesh' date='Jan 6 2008, 03:53 AM']everything worked out well, thanks where?wolf!

[snapback]305635[/snapback]

Glad it worked.

You're welcome.

Posted 01/06/2008 06:28 AM   
Scroll To Top