Control Panel Not Showing Up Anymore ? Can't get the control panel to show up
Hello guys,

Since I have updated my drivers to 1xx.xx revision, I lost my control panel.

What happend is when I click to bring the control panel, the display flashes and nothing else happend.

I have seek as much as I could on google (which led me to this forum) and I know I am not the only one reporting this issue.

I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, use driver cleaners, stop anti-virus software before and after installation and nothing to do. There is no way I can get my Control Panel to show up.

Every forum I whent to had no clear answers to that issue so you guys are my last hope !

Any clue on what is happening ? What is wrong ?
Hello guys,

Since I have updated my drivers to 1xx.xx revision, I lost my control panel.

What happend is when I click to bring the control panel, the display flashes and nothing else happend.

I have seek as much as I could on google (which led me to this forum) and I know I am not the only one reporting this issue.

I have tried to uninstall, reinstall, use driver cleaners, stop anti-virus software before and after installation and nothing to do. There is no way I can get my Control Panel to show up.

Every forum I whent to had no clear answers to that issue so you guys are my last hope !

Any clue on what is happening ? What is wrong ?

Posted 12/27/2007 11:42 PM   
how do you open the control panel? do you open it via Control Panel? xD or in dysplay properties and the "advanced" tab?
how do you open the control panel? do you open it via Control Panel? xD or in dysplay properties and the "advanced" tab?

Custom built PC | Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gigabyte 760 4GB OC1 Windforce x3 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Corsair 760AX Platinum PSU | Fractal Design Define R5 computer case | Samsung P2350 monitor

Posted 12/27/2007 11:46 PM   
[quote name='Franpa' date='Dec 27 2007, 06:46 PM']how do you open the control panel? do you open it via Control Panel? xD or in dysplay properties and the "advanced" tab?
[right][snapback]300697[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

There are 4 ways to open the control panel.

1) Near the clock, I right click on the nVidia icon and go to control panel (as soon I do that, the display flashes and nothing else happend)

2) In the desktop manager, I click on the nVidia (which was present in the 163 revision) but now, I just went to try it and it is not present anymore with the 169 revision. Only the nView is present. That did not work with the previous 163 revision.

3) Right click on the desktop and go directly to the nVidia control panel. There, nothing happend (not even the screen flash)

4) Right click on the desktop and to to "Properties", "Parameter", "Advence", then to the "NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT" tab and I press the "Control Panel" button and nothing happend. No flashes from the display.

Thanks for your previous fast reply.
[quote name='Franpa' date='Dec 27 2007, 06:46 PM']how do you open the control panel? do you open it via Control Panel? xD or in dysplay properties and the "advanced" tab?

[snapback]300697[/snapback]

There are 4 ways to open the control panel.

1) Near the clock, I right click on the nVidia icon and go to control panel (as soon I do that, the display flashes and nothing else happend)

2) In the desktop manager, I click on the nVidia (which was present in the 163 revision) but now, I just went to try it and it is not present anymore with the 169 revision. Only the nView is present. That did not work with the previous 163 revision.

3) Right click on the desktop and go directly to the nVidia control panel. There, nothing happend (not even the screen flash)

4) Right click on the desktop and to to "Properties", "Parameter", "Advence", then to the "NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT" tab and I press the "Control Panel" button and nothing happend. No flashes from the display.

Thanks for your previous fast reply.

Posted 12/28/2007 12:11 AM   
Here is a tiny video of the 3 option I have to open the nvidia control panel.

You see that nothing happend but all drivers seems to be ok as I see all pans and video card being correctly identify with the nVidia logo.
Here is a tiny video of the 3 option I have to open the nvidia control panel.

You see that nothing happend but all drivers seems to be ok as I see all pans and video card being correctly identify with the nVidia logo.
Attachments

MVI_1199.WMV

Posted 12/28/2007 12:32 AM   
i think i know how to fix this issue, if its just vista being **** like mine was, my windows controll panel wouldnt work though. to mend that all u do is this, hope it helps with your issue -

click start and type services.msc into the search bar and press enter, a window will open listing all the services and their status, look for the SLUNotify service & stop it (right click on it, ull see), then find the Software Licensing service & stop it (it may say that ReadyBoost needs that service to run; stop it anyway) then restart both services, starting with Software Licensing. your control panel will now work, you dont need to do it again and rebooting will change nothing, it will still work :)

cheers.
i think i know how to fix this issue, if its just vista being **** like mine was, my windows controll panel wouldnt work though. to mend that all u do is this, hope it helps with your issue -

click start and type services.msc into the search bar and press enter, a window will open listing all the services and their status, look for the SLUNotify service & stop it (right click on it, ull see), then find the Software Licensing service & stop it (it may say that ReadyBoost needs that service to run; stop it anyway) then restart both services, starting with Software Licensing. your control panel will now work, you dont need to do it again and rebooting will change nothing, it will still work :)

cheers.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 12/28/2007 03:02 AM   
[quote name='qazax' date='Dec 27 2007, 10:02 PM']i think i know how to fix this issue, if its just vista being **** like mine was, my windows controll panel wouldnt work though. to mend that all u do is this, hope it helps with your issue -

cheers.
[right][snapback]300803[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for that input. I have seen something similar with different services to look out but I cannot find the service name you tell me to check out.

I am running XP MCE 2005. I guess it is quite different than Vista ? Are these exact file also in XP ?

Any other input is appreciated as I really don't know what to check anymore...

Thanks guys for your help.
[quote name='qazax' date='Dec 27 2007, 10:02 PM']i think i know how to fix this issue, if its just vista being **** like mine was, my windows controll panel wouldnt work though. to mend that all u do is this, hope it helps with your issue -

cheers.

[snapback]300803[/snapback]

Thanks for that input. I have seen something similar with different services to look out but I cannot find the service name you tell me to check out.

I am running XP MCE 2005. I guess it is quite different than Vista ? Are these exact file also in XP ?

Any other input is appreciated as I really don't know what to check anymore...

Thanks guys for your help.

Posted 12/28/2007 04:02 AM   
gah sorry, thats just for vista. i dont know for xp :| my solution would be to format and install the latest drivers straight away, but i format quite a lot :P
gah sorry, thats just for vista. i dont know for xp :| my solution would be to format and install the latest drivers straight away, but i format quite a lot :P

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 12/28/2007 10:59 AM   
[quote name='qazax' date='Dec 28 2007, 05:59 AM']gah sorry, thats just for vista. i dont know for xp :| my solution would be to format and install the latest drivers straight away, but i format quite a lot :P
[right][snapback]301004[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ishhhhh.... >.< format... I rarely format my machines... that machine OS has been installed since 2006 and I never had any problems what so ever (besides the stupid nvidia control panel) with no slow down or bugs (touch wood).

Why update to vista or format when everything goes smoothly ? I guess I'm starting to have problems and my system needs fresh air like your saying... :(

What really pisses me off is that I know I am not the only one with that issue and that there is no solution...

Oh well... thanks for your help, it's appreciated anyhow /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Anyone else with this issue or someone with a solution ? (uhm... besides formatting ?)
[quote name='qazax' date='Dec 28 2007, 05:59 AM']gah sorry, thats just for vista. i dont know for xp :| my solution would be to format and install the latest drivers straight away, but i format quite a lot :P

[snapback]301004[/snapback]

Ishhhhh.... >.< format... I rarely format my machines... that machine OS has been installed since 2006 and I never had any problems what so ever (besides the stupid nvidia control panel) with no slow down or bugs (touch wood).

Why update to vista or format when everything goes smoothly ? I guess I'm starting to have problems and my system needs fresh air like your saying... :(

What really pisses me off is that I know I am not the only one with that issue and that there is no solution...

Oh well... thanks for your help, it's appreciated anyhow /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Anyone else with this issue or someone with a solution ? (uhm... besides formatting ?)

Posted 12/28/2007 03:37 PM   
anyone ?

Nobody has this issue with XP ?

:'(
anyone ?

Nobody has this issue with XP ?

:'(

Posted 12/30/2007 08:40 AM   
I have the same problem in my Windows 7.. ive tried uninstalling and installing it 5x to make it working again.. but when ever i update it in the latest driver, the problem is still there. i hope NVIDIA acts on this matter
I have the same problem in my Windows 7.. ive tried uninstalling and installing it 5x to make it working again.. but when ever i update it in the latest driver, the problem is still there. i hope NVIDIA acts on this matter

Posted 05/28/2015 01:18 AM   
Scroll To Top