Direct3D error 0x0x8007000e error help ? C&C3
Hello

In Command and Conquer 3 after about 5-10 minutes of play it crashes to the desktop with this error :-

Direct3D error 0x0x8007000e (E_OUTOFMEMORY) 31 addresses
unknown)(0): cnc3game.dat+36052 (unknown)
etc
etc

I've googled it and there are a few pages about it, not just in C&C3 but in other games. Some say its EA's fault, some say its Nvidia's fault. Thing is I've not changed my setup or installed anything apart from a few games.

If I play Crysis or Team Fortress 2 I can play these games for ages with no problems. Soldier of Fortune Payback plays too okay.

I've no overheating problems, my Intel Q6600 is currently running at 30c idle and my graphics card 8800GTS 320mb has a Thermalright cooler and runs fine. I ran it through 3dMark06 and it produced the above error. I was on 169.09 drivers so I put the 169.25 drivers on and 3dMark06 is fine but C&C3 still crashes with the error. My Geil memory (800mhz) is not overclocked at the moment so it can't be that. I use Driver Cleaner and uninstall drivers before installing them too.

Just wondering if my DirectX install is a bit screwed. Trouble is its not easy to sort this out, installing from MS site shows it won't update anything as its up to date.

I`m a bit stumped. Any suggestions ?

:wacko:
Hello

In Command and Conquer 3 after about 5-10 minutes of play it crashes to the desktop with this error :-

Direct3D error 0x0x8007000e (E_OUTOFMEMORY) 31 addresses

unknown)(0): cnc3game.dat+36052 (unknown)

etc

etc

I've googled it and there are a few pages about it, not just in C&C3 but in other games. Some say its EA's fault, some say its Nvidia's fault. Thing is I've not changed my setup or installed anything apart from a few games.

If I play Crysis or Team Fortress 2 I can play these games for ages with no problems. Soldier of Fortune Payback plays too okay.

I've no overheating problems, my Intel Q6600 is currently running at 30c idle and my graphics card 8800GTS 320mb has a Thermalright cooler and runs fine. I ran it through 3dMark06 and it produced the above error. I was on 169.09 drivers so I put the 169.25 drivers on and 3dMark06 is fine but C&C3 still crashes with the error. My Geil memory (800mhz) is not overclocked at the moment so it can't be that. I use Driver Cleaner and uninstall drivers before installing them too.

Just wondering if my DirectX install is a bit screwed. Trouble is its not easy to sort this out, installing from MS site shows it won't update anything as its up to date.

I`m a bit stumped. Any suggestions ?

:wacko:

Posted 12/24/2007 07:15 PM   
I did a bit more digging. I have a QUAD core and I`m using Vista 64 bit, which fully utilises all 4 cpu's methinks.

So I started C&C3, went into task manager and set the affinity for cnc3game.dat to 1 CPU and also same for cnc3.exe.

I also notice they have a *32 next to the process.

Played game again and this time it crashed to the desktop without the Direct3d error. Wonder if it is simply C&C3 does not work properly with a 64bit OS ?

Need to do more checking but I`m off out now so will have to wait....
I did a bit more digging. I have a QUAD core and I`m using Vista 64 bit, which fully utilises all 4 cpu's methinks.

So I started C&C3, went into task manager and set the affinity for cnc3game.dat to 1 CPU and also same for cnc3.exe.

I also notice they have a *32 next to the process.

Played game again and this time it crashed to the desktop without the Direct3d error. Wonder if it is simply C&C3 does not work properly with a 64bit OS ?

Need to do more checking but I`m off out now so will have to wait....

Posted 12/30/2007 11:20 AM   
I'm using a Dual core with Vista 64 without setting affinities and the game is fine, so I think that rules out compatability issues with the OS and the game.

Could you give more info on your setup.
I'm using a Dual core with Vista 64 without setting affinities and the game is fine, so I think that rules out compatability issues with the OS and the game.

Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
HIS ATI HD 4870 512MB
4G 800Mhz DDR2 Dual Channel(2x2G) 5-5-5-18 Geil
Creative X-FI XtremeMusic
Thermaltake Toughpower 600W

Posted 12/30/2007 12:35 PM   
[quote name='Septic' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:35 PM']I'm using a Dual core with Vista 64 without setting affinities and the game is fine, so I think that rules out compatability issues with the OS and the game.

[right][snapback]302150[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

With regards to my signature, how much more info can I give ?

:lol:
[quote name='Septic' date='Dec 30 2007, 01:35 PM']I'm using a Dual core with Vista 64 without setting affinities and the game is fine, so I think that rules out compatability issues with the OS and the game.

[snapback]302150[/snapback]

With regards to my signature, how much more info can I give ?

:lol:

Posted 12/30/2007 08:52 PM   
Sorry bout that, half asleep when I posted earlier.

Make sure you're mainboard BIOS is up-to-date.
Are you having probs with any other game/3d app other than C&C3 and 3dmark?
Sorry bout that, half asleep when I posted earlier.

Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
HIS ATI HD 4870 512MB
4G 800Mhz DDR2 Dual Channel(2x2G) 5-5-5-18 Geil
Creative X-FI XtremeMusic
Thermaltake Toughpower 600W

Posted 12/30/2007 09:16 PM   
[quote name='Septic' date='Dec 30 2007, 10:16 PM']Sorry bout that, half asleep when I posted earlier.

[right][snapback]302383[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Its up to date and all other games work fine including Crysis !
[quote name='Septic' date='Dec 30 2007, 10:16 PM']Sorry bout that, half asleep when I posted earlier.

[snapback]302383[/snapback]

Its up to date and all other games work fine including Crysis !

Posted 12/31/2007 11:12 AM   
I got a reply from EA ! Not good though.....

For EA it is quite a "personal" reply for once.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I do apologise for the delay, and for the inconvenience you're having with Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.

Unfortunately, the Windows Vista 64-bit version is listed as a unsupported operating system to run the game. We cannot guarantee that the game will run properly with this operating system.

In order to install and play Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, your system must meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements:

For Windows XP:

* (Single Core) Intel P4 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 2000+
* 512 MB of RAM
* DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 4+ / ATI Radeon 8500+ video card
(Note: ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX cards are not supported.)
* DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
* 8X or faster DVD-ROM drive
* 6 GB of free space
* Multiplayer: 2 to 8 players with optional voice support, network or Internet connection required (Cable, DSL, or faster connection)

For Windows Vista (64-bit version of Vista is NOT supported):

* Intel P4 2.2 GHz / AMD Athlon 2200+
* 1 GB of RAM
* NVIDIA GeForce 6100+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ video card
(Note: At the time of release, Windows Vista is not compatible with ATI-based video cards with Radeon 9250 chipsets and below, in addition to NVIDIA-based video cards with GeForce 5000 series chipsets and below. ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI and NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX cards not supported. By extension, the game is not compatible with these chipsets on Windows Vista machines.)
(Note: For Creative Sound Blaster Audigy cards running under Windows Vista, Intel P4 2.6 GHz CPU or equivalent, or multi-core CPU, required)
* 6 GB of free space
* Multiplayer: 2 to 8 players with optional voice support, network or Internet connection required (Cable, DSL, or faster connection)

We may try to troubleshoot this issue, although we cannot guarantee the overall game performance:

* Run the game as Administrator. To do this:

a. Right clicking the game’s shortcut (which is usually found on the desktop, or could be accessed via the game folder in All Programs).
b. From the list, choose “Run as Administrator”.
c. A prompt would come up, asking for confirmation: “Allow/Accept or Cancel”. Simply choose Allow or Accept.
d. The game should now run right after this.

* You can also try running the game in a new Administrator account:

1. Click Start and click Control Panel.
2. Click User Accounts and Family Safety.
3. Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts.
4. Click Create a new account.
5. Type in the account name. Select the account type: Standard or Administrator.
6. Click Create Account.
7. Select the account you just created. Click Create a password.
8. Type in a password for the user account and an option password hint.
9. Click Create password.

You will now be able to log on to the computer using the account name and password you specified.

For more information on what hardware would be compatible for this game, you may need to consult your system manufacturer.

Hopefully these suggestions will be of service to you. Please feel free to update this email if you need further help with this issue.
I got a reply from EA ! Not good though.....

For EA it is quite a "personal" reply for once.

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Technical Support. I do apologise for the delay, and for the inconvenience you're having with Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars.

Unfortunately, the Windows Vista 64-bit version is listed as a unsupported operating system to run the game. We cannot guarantee that the game will run properly with this operating system.

In order to install and play Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars, your system must meet or exceed the following minimum system requirements:

For Windows XP:

* (Single Core) Intel P4 2.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 2000+

* 512 MB of RAM

* DirectX 9.0c, NVIDIA GeForce 4+ / ATI Radeon 8500+ video card

(Note: ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI, NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX cards are not supported.)

* 6 GB of free space

For Windows Vista (64-bit version of Vista is NOT supported):

* Intel P4 2.2 GHz / AMD Athlon 2200+

* 1 GB of RAM

* NVIDIA GeForce 6100+ / ATI Radeon 9500+ video card

(Note: At the time of release, Windows Vista is not compatible with ATI-based video cards with Radeon 9250 chipsets and below, in addition to NVIDIA-based video cards with GeForce 5000 series chipsets and below. ATI Radeon 9200 and 9250 PCI and NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX cards not supported. By extension, the game is not compatible with these chipsets on Windows Vista machines.)

(Note: For Creative Sound Blaster Audigy cards running under Windows Vista, Intel P4 2.6 GHz CPU or equivalent, or multi-core CPU, required)

* 6 GB of free space

We may try to troubleshoot this issue, although we cannot guarantee the overall game performance:

* Run the game as Administrator. To do this:

a. Right clicking the game’s shortcut (which is usually found on the desktop, or could be accessed via the game folder in All Programs).

b. From the list, choose “Run as Administrator”.

c. A prompt would come up, asking for confirmation: “Allow/Accept or Cancel”. Simply choose Allow or Accept.

d. The game should now run right after this.

* You can also try running the game in a new Administrator account:

1. Click Start and click Control Panel.

2. Click User Accounts and Family Safety.

3. Under User Accounts, click Add or remove user accounts.

4. Click Create a new account.

5. Type in the account name. Select the account type: Standard or Administrator.

6. Click Create Account.

7. Select the account you just created. Click Create a password.

8. Type in a password for the user account and an option password hint.

9. Click Create password.

You will now be able to log on to the computer using the account name and password you specified.

For more information on what hardware would be compatible for this game, you may need to consult your system manufacturer.

Hopefully these suggestions will be of service to you. Please feel free to update this email if you need further help with this issue.

Posted 12/31/2007 06:42 PM   
Had same cnc3game.dat error. :angry:

I found out, that I kan play, if I start cnc3 rigtht after boot. Thats means: No firefox (or explorer), no msoffice products! Then I can play for hours. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

It is not only vista users who has the problem. I use XP

Still I dont know whats wrong, though....
Had same cnc3game.dat error. :angry:

I found out, that I kan play, if I start cnc3 rigtht after boot. Thats means: No firefox (or explorer), no msoffice products! Then I can play for hours. /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

It is not only vista users who has the problem. I use XP

Still I dont know whats wrong, though....

Posted 01/30/2008 05:41 PM   
Scroll To Top