Gainward 7800GS 512MB Bliss power issues I am going mad!!
Hello all, this problem has been bugging me for the last... month or so and I'm nearing the point where i might just smash my newly upgraded pc with my face.

My system was running fine untill about a month ago when I started getting serious slow down in games and then i would get the lovely popup saying:

"Power indicator, blaa blaa graphics card is not receiving enough power so we have lowered its blaa blaa to avoid damage"

at first i assumed that the problem was with the power supply as up to this point everything had been fine

upgraded my pc (and had to keep it AGP x8 as thats what my graphics card is) so my system at the moment is:

CPU: 6400+ Dual Core AMD
PSU: 700W Arctic Black PSU
GPU: Geforce 7800GS 512MB AGP
MB: ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA (hard to come by an AM2 AMDx8 motherboard) - it also has an nforce3 250 chipset
RAM: 2 GB Kingston 800Mhz

and the rest being a HD, DVDRW, Floppy, usb mouse and keyboard and such

I have 2 molex going into the GPU using the adapter that came in the box
I dont THINK the gpu has overheated as if it does it should tell me that its doing so

Sorry ive written so much i just wanted to be as detailed as possible. A HUGE thankyou to anyone who can help me fix this problem.

Just dont tell me that its broken :(
Hello all, this problem has been bugging me for the last... month or so and I'm nearing the point where i might just smash my newly upgraded pc with my face.

My system was running fine untill about a month ago when I started getting serious slow down in games and then i would get the lovely popup saying:

"Power indicator, blaa blaa graphics card is not receiving enough power so we have lowered its blaa blaa to avoid damage"

at first i assumed that the problem was with the power supply as up to this point everything had been fine

upgraded my pc (and had to keep it AGP x8 as thats what my graphics card is) so my system at the moment is:

CPU: 6400+ Dual Core AMD

PSU: 700W Arctic Black PSU

GPU: Geforce 7800GS 512MB AGP

MB: ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA (hard to come by an AM2 AMDx8 motherboard) - it also has an nforce3 250 chipset

RAM: 2 GB Kingston 800Mhz

and the rest being a HD, DVDRW, Floppy, usb mouse and keyboard and such

I have 2 molex going into the GPU using the adapter that came in the box

I dont THINK the gpu has overheated as if it does it should tell me that its doing so

Sorry ive written so much i just wanted to be as detailed as possible. A HUGE thankyou to anyone who can help me fix this problem.

Just dont tell me that its broken :(

Posted 12/21/2007 07:17 PM   
Scroll To Top