Video Card Compatibility
Hi, I need some help with making a choice on which video card to purchase. I don't know very much about hardware and all the technical stuff so I'll tell you what i can about my computer.
I'm using a Compaq Presario SR2013WM on Windows XP Media Center Edition.
I don't really know what else needs to be known for video card compatibility. If anyone can tell me what else I need to list or is able to send me in the right direction with the information here, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.
Hi, I need some help with making a choice on which video card to purchase. I don't know very much about hardware and all the technical stuff so I'll tell you what i can about my computer.

I'm using a Compaq Presario SR2013WM on Windows XP Media Center Edition.

I don't really know what else needs to be known for video card compatibility. If anyone can tell me what else I need to list or is able to send me in the right direction with the information here, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Posted 12/21/2007 04:42 AM   
what are you going to do with your pc? are you going to do some gaming, just browsing the net or using office programs, or else?

you might need to upgrade your psu too, in case if it isnt powerful enough to power your new video card...

check this out:
[url="http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3300335&lang=en"]your compaq info[/url]
you can refer to that site when you are going to choose which video card is compatible with your pc...

cheers /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
what are you going to do with your pc? are you going to do some gaming, just browsing the net or using office programs, or else?

you might need to upgrade your psu too, in case if it isnt powerful enough to power your new video card...

check this out:

your compaq info

you can refer to that site when you are going to choose which video card is compatible with your pc...

cheers /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 12/21/2007 05:16 AM   
Thanks.
I'm mainly going to be gaming on this computer, ie: WoW, ES4:Oblivion,etc. so I'll look around on the site and repost if I get lost.
Thanks.

I'm mainly going to be gaming on this computer, ie: WoW, ES4:Oblivion,etc. so I'll look around on the site and repost if I get lost.

Posted 12/21/2007 05:22 AM   
oh yeah, and how much is your budget?

8600GT will run WoW and ES4 nicely... also you might need to upgrade your psu, hmm corsair's vx 450W is good too... :D
oh yeah, and how much is your budget?

8600GT will run WoW and ES4 nicely... also you might need to upgrade your psu, hmm corsair's vx 450W is good too... :D

Posted 12/21/2007 05:25 AM   
I'm able to spend up to about $400
Where should I go to find a psu upgrade?
I'm able to spend up to about $400

Posted 12/21/2007 05:33 AM   
The specs of the PSU might be visible on a sticker on the side of the PSU itself. That seems to be the only iffy thing.
The specs of the PSU might be visible on a sticker on the side of the PSU itself. That seems to be the only iffy thing.

Posted 12/21/2007 05:36 AM   
[quote name='incompetent_one' date='Dec 21 2007, 12:33 PM']I'm able to spend up to about $400
[right][snapback]297701[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
newegg
[quote name='incompetent_one' date='Dec 21 2007, 12:33 PM']I'm able to spend up to about $400

[snapback]297701[/snapback]

newegg

Posted 12/21/2007 05:41 AM   
Ok... what's PSU anyways? Am I going to have to look for compatibility?

EDIT: I'm going to to guess it means Power Supply. Do you have any recommendations that will work for my PC?

EDIT #2: [url="http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003"]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139003[/url]
will this work for my computer?
Ok... what's PSU anyways? Am I going to have to look for compatibility?

EDIT: I'm going to to guess it means Power Supply. Do you have any recommendations that will work for my PC?

EDIT #2: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817139003

will this work for my computer?

Posted 12/21/2007 05:50 AM   
Scroll To Top