can you overclock mobile GPUs? just want to know
hew i was looking at things about overclocking, and wanted to know if you can overclock mobile GPUs and CPUs, if you can what programs or what do you do to overclock them?
hew i was looking at things about overclocking, and wanted to know if you can overclock mobile GPUs and CPUs, if you can what programs or what do you do to overclock them?

Posted 12/18/2007 01:55 AM   
You can using rivatuner and ntune. But [b]DONT[/b]. Laptops run incredebly hot on stock frequinces. The last thing you need to do is make it hotter. Laptop parts are pricy and most laptops have their GPU's integrated so you cannot upgrade them. If you feel you absolutely must OC then at least use speed fan to monitor tempatures, and get a cooling pad to help keep them down. But dont say I didnt warn you.
You can using rivatuner and ntune. But DONT. Laptops run incredebly hot on stock frequinces. The last thing you need to do is make it hotter. Laptop parts are pricy and most laptops have their GPU's integrated so you cannot upgrade them. If you feel you absolutely must OC then at least use speed fan to monitor tempatures, and get a cooling pad to help keep them down. But dont say I didnt warn you.

Posted 12/18/2007 02:05 AM   
can't you crank up the fans with those programs?
can't you crank up the fans with those programs?

Posted 12/18/2007 06:58 PM   
Yes but Overclocking will probobly void your warrenty. So damaged parts= new computer.
Yes but Overclocking will probobly void your warrenty. So damaged parts= new computer.

Posted 12/18/2007 09:01 PM   
oh ic
oh ic

Posted 12/18/2007 11:33 PM   
Hey shadow,

dont worry mate ive OC'ed my laptop to the extreme and the temp only rose a few degrees and i think frontline is slightly exadurating. If you want to OC then find the temperature threshold for your gpu and make sure it doesn't go past the limit when its OC'ed. You should also scan for artifacts after you have OC'ed and make sure there aren't any. Otherwise if the temp is in the threshold and theres no artifacts when OC'ed then your safe. So fell free.
Hey shadow,

dont worry mate ive OC'ed my laptop to the extreme and the temp only rose a few degrees and i think frontline is slightly exadurating. If you want to OC then find the temperature threshold for your gpu and make sure it doesn't go past the limit when its OC'ed. You should also scan for artifacts after you have OC'ed and make sure there aren't any. Otherwise if the temp is in the threshold and theres no artifacts when OC'ed then your safe. So fell free.

Posted 12/18/2007 11:47 PM   
Scroll To Top