Where's the 8800GTS 512MB drivers? The website is bugged!
I'm trying to update my 8800GTS 512MB drivers through the official Nvidia website, but the download file isn't found. That goes for both the UK and US version. What's going on here?

My computer slowed down like an old, sick, dying turtle today, when I was playing World of Warcraft. It felt like some other process was getting higher priorty. I had no other choice than to restart my computer and then everything went back to normal (for now). Might this be a driver problem?

I would seriously appreciate some help here, guys. /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' />

..And does anyone else have problems downloading drivers from the nvidia site right now?
I'm trying to update my 8800GTS 512MB drivers through the official Nvidia website, but the download file isn't found. That goes for both the UK and US version. What's going on here?

My computer slowed down like an old, sick, dying turtle today, when I was playing World of Warcraft. It felt like some other process was getting higher priorty. I had no other choice than to restart my computer and then everything went back to normal (for now). Might this be a driver problem?

I would seriously appreciate some help here, guys. /fear.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':fear:' />

..And does anyone else have problems downloading drivers from the nvidia site right now?

GTX 580, 2600K

Posted 12/16/2007 04:41 AM   
Check your temperatures. Might be an overheating issue.

If nVidia.com is not working for you, try www.guru3d.com or the ftp site
[url="ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows"]ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows[/url]
[url="ftp://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/drivers"]ftp://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/drivers[/url]
Check your temperatures. Might be an overheating issue.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows

ftp://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/drivers

Posted 12/16/2007 04:52 AM   
[quote name='Sujit Liddle' date='Dec 16 2007, 05:52 AM']Check your temperatures. Might be an overheating issue.

[url="ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows"]ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows[/url]
[url="ftp://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/drivers"]ftp://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/drivers[/url]
[right][snapback]295186[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh no... believe me there is without a doubt [b]no[/b] overheating going on. These new GTS cards are awesome. Mine runs at about 50c idle and 55c stress. The fan will automatically react to higher temperatures and increase RPM as needed. At 50c idle, the fan is only running at 42% max capacity (very silent). If I manually set it to 100% fan speed, the temperature drops about 1c per sec all the way down to 40c. This heatsink and fan works perfectly. Also, I'm using a SilenX 120mm exhaust fan, and another 92mm SilenX intake fan mounted in the side door of the tower, pointed straight at the PCI slots.

I'm using the drivers that came bundled with the card. They're not WHQL standard though, so I'm guessing that's the problem... and that's why I'm trying to find new/updated drivers. I'm running WinXP (32bit) btw.

Thanks for the links, I'll check'em out. /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

Just one more thing though, are you able to download the Geforce > Geforce 8 Series > Geforce 8800GTS 512 > Windows XP > English UK or US driver?

When I try, I always end up on an empty page instead of getting my download.
[quote name='Sujit Liddle' date='Dec 16 2007, 05:52 AM']Check your temperatures. Might be an overheating issue.

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows

ftp://download.nvidia.com/downloads/nZone/drivers

[snapback]295186[/snapback]

Oh no... believe me there is without a doubt no overheating going on. These new GTS cards are awesome. Mine runs at about 50c idle and 55c stress. The fan will automatically react to higher temperatures and increase RPM as needed. At 50c idle, the fan is only running at 42% max capacity (very silent). If I manually set it to 100% fan speed, the temperature drops about 1c per sec all the way down to 40c. This heatsink and fan works perfectly. Also, I'm using a SilenX 120mm exhaust fan, and another 92mm SilenX intake fan mounted in the side door of the tower, pointed straight at the PCI slots.

I'm using the drivers that came bundled with the card. They're not WHQL standard though, so I'm guessing that's the problem... and that's why I'm trying to find new/updated drivers. I'm running WinXP (32bit) btw.

Thanks for the links, I'll check'em out. /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' />

Just one more thing though, are you able to download the Geforce > Geforce 8 Series > Geforce 8800GTS 512 > Windows XP > English UK or US driver?

When I try, I always end up on an empty page instead of getting my download.

GTX 580, 2600K

Posted 12/16/2007 05:56 AM   
[quote name='Hoodling' date='Dec 16 2007, 11:26 AM']When I try, I always end up on an empty page instead of getting my download.
[right][snapback]295215[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Me too. :( They are probably doing some maintenance work on the site. :P

Your problem doesn't look like a driver issue. :unsure:

Did you notice hard disk activity when the slowdown occurred? Anything in the Windows Task Manager that might be hogging resources? Prime suspects: anti virus scheduled scan, anti spyware scheduled scan, system restore taking a snapshot, DiskKeeper doing a defragmentation run, File Indexing (what a piece of cr@p :P ) doing its thing, etc.

Also, do a thorough scan for viruses and trojans.
[quote name='Hoodling' date='Dec 16 2007, 11:26 AM']When I try, I always end up on an empty page instead of getting my download.

[snapback]295215[/snapback]

Me too. :( They are probably doing some maintenance work on the site. :P

Your problem doesn't look like a driver issue. :unsure:

Did you notice hard disk activity when the slowdown occurred? Anything in the Windows Task Manager that might be hogging resources? Prime suspects: anti virus scheduled scan, anti spyware scheduled scan, system restore taking a snapshot, DiskKeeper doing a defragmentation run, File Indexing (what a piece of cr@p :P ) doing its thing, etc.

Posted 12/16/2007 06:36 AM   
[quote name='Sujit Liddle' date='Dec 16 2007, 07:36 AM']Me too. :( They are probably doing some maintenance work on the site. :P
Your problem doesn't look like a driver issue.  :unsure:

[right][snapback]295235[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I never use "auto update" for anything actually, nor do I run any schedulers on this comp. I don't want it interfering with my gaming, ya know? :D

There's no spyware, adware, virus or any other infections on the comp either. Quite frankly, nothing out of the ordinary was going on. That's what puzzled me. :blink:

I did check the Task Manager, and it looked completely normal. Nothing out of the ordinary reported by Norton Protection Center (antivirus/firewall) either. So this led me to think maybe these drivers were to blame, somehow. But then again, this "slowdown" only happened that one time. It's just impossible to figure out these kinda things. Maybe there a wet wollen rabbit jumping around inside my comp case with powertools, I dunno.
/w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />
[quote name='Sujit Liddle' date='Dec 16 2007, 07:36 AM']Me too. :( They are probably doing some maintenance work on the site. :P

Your problem doesn't look like a driver issue.  :unsure:

[snapback]295235[/snapback]

I never use "auto update" for anything actually, nor do I run any schedulers on this comp. I don't want it interfering with my gaming, ya know? :D

There's no spyware, adware, virus or any other infections on the comp either. Quite frankly, nothing out of the ordinary was going on. That's what puzzled me. :blink:

I did check the Task Manager, and it looked completely normal. Nothing out of the ordinary reported by Norton Protection Center (antivirus/firewall) either. So this led me to think maybe these drivers were to blame, somehow. But then again, this "slowdown" only happened that one time. It's just impossible to figure out these kinda things. Maybe there a wet wollen rabbit jumping around inside my comp case with powertools, I dunno.

/w00t.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':w00t:' />

GTX 580, 2600K

Posted 12/16/2007 04:04 PM   
lately(past few weeks) my gaming has been disrupted due to texture problems with my games eg hitman blood money, farcry2, theif deadly shadow and more. lines seem to have turned from smoothe to slightly jagged and writting in the games has become fuzzy.

plz help do i need to update my drivers if so how do i update it and where do i.

if it could be for other reasons plz reply and help me resolve the problem

from a fellow gamer
lately(past few weeks) my gaming has been disrupted due to texture problems with my games eg hitman blood money, farcry2, theif deadly shadow and more. lines seem to have turned from smoothe to slightly jagged and writting in the games has become fuzzy.

plz help do i need to update my drivers if so how do i update it and where do i.

if it could be for other reasons plz reply and help me resolve the problem

from a fellow gamer

Posted 04/27/2012 08:03 AM   
Scroll To Top