Open GL
How do I enable Open GL with my Geforce 8800 GTS? I installed The Chronicles of Riddick game and it gave an error message " need open gl 1.3 or higher to play" How do I enable this feature.
How do I enable Open GL with my Geforce 8800 GTS? I installed The Chronicles of Riddick game and it gave an error message " need open gl 1.3 or higher to play" How do I enable this feature.

Posted 12/12/2007 04:32 PM   
[quote name='YangGuo' date='Dec 12 2007, 11:32 AM']How do I enable Open GL with my Geforce 8800 GTS? I installed The Chronicles of Riddick game and it gave an error message " need open gl 1.3 or higher to play" How do I enable this feature.
[right][snapback]293366[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You don't enable Opengl on your video card per-say, the extensions to the base opengl are dropped in with the graphics card drivers. If you have the latest version of the drivers installed, then in order to enable Opengl all you should have to do is switch the rendering method in the application to opengl. Most apps come defaulted to directx.
[quote name='YangGuo' date='Dec 12 2007, 11:32 AM']How do I enable Open GL with my Geforce 8800 GTS? I installed The Chronicles of Riddick game and it gave an error message " need open gl 1.3 or higher to play" How do I enable this feature.

[snapback]293366[/snapback]

You don't enable Opengl on your video card per-say, the extensions to the base opengl are dropped in with the graphics card drivers. If you have the latest version of the drivers installed, then in order to enable Opengl all you should have to do is switch the rendering method in the application to opengl. Most apps come defaulted to directx.

Posted 12/13/2007 12:08 AM   
[quote name='YangGuo' date='Dec 12 2007, 06:32 PM']How do I enable Open GL with my Geforce 8800 GTS? I installed The Chronicles of Riddick game and it gave an error message " need open gl 1.3 or higher to play" How do I enable this feature.
[right][snapback]293366[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This is a known problem with this game for newer drivers(and with your card newer driver version is a must)because newer drivers have a newer OpenGL driver that tend to brake compatibility with older OpenGL version strings and if the patch for riddick dont solve it exist an easier way called RivaTuner.With this tweaker you can force the OpenGL version to be used right in the OpenGL tweaking area from the OpenGL driver tweaks under RivaTuner.Set there to OpenGL 1.3 as long as you play the game ,dont forget to revert so you can play newer games that use newer OpenGL versions.
You can t use DirectX rendering with The Chronicles of Riddick and there is no need as long as the tweak should work.
Enjoy the game is excellent and looks awesome.OpenGL rocks.
[quote name='YangGuo' date='Dec 12 2007, 06:32 PM']How do I enable Open GL with my Geforce 8800 GTS? I installed The Chronicles of Riddick game and it gave an error message " need open gl 1.3 or higher to play" How do I enable this feature.

[snapback]293366[/snapback]

This is a known problem with this game for newer drivers(and with your card newer driver version is a must)because newer drivers have a newer OpenGL driver that tend to brake compatibility with older OpenGL version strings and if the patch for riddick dont solve it exist an easier way called RivaTuner.With this tweaker you can force the OpenGL version to be used right in the OpenGL tweaking area from the OpenGL driver tweaks under RivaTuner.Set there to OpenGL 1.3 as long as you play the game ,dont forget to revert so you can play newer games that use newer OpenGL versions.

You can t use DirectX rendering with The Chronicles of Riddick and there is no need as long as the tweak should work.

Posted 12/13/2007 01:45 AM   
[quote name='T@2' date='Dec 13 2007, 02:45 AM']...an easier way called RivaTuner.With this tweaker you can force the OpenGL version to be used right in the OpenGL tweaking area from the OpenGL driver tweaks under RivaTuner.Set there to OpenGL 1.3 as long as you play the game ,dont forget to revert so you can play newer games that use newer OpenGL versions.
[right][snapback]293623[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks for the solution T@2 :) I had the same problem with Riddick until I read this post. I'm using a GeForce Go 7950 GTX with 174.31 Forceware driver on a Dell XPX M1710, but Riva Tuner tweaks solved the prob immediately.

Yes, the game is awesome :D

Cheers!
[quote name='T@2' date='Dec 13 2007, 02:45 AM']...an easier way called RivaTuner.With this tweaker you can force the OpenGL version to be used right in the OpenGL tweaking area from the OpenGL driver tweaks under RivaTuner.Set there to OpenGL 1.3 as long as you play the game ,dont forget to revert so you can play newer games that use newer OpenGL versions.

[snapback]293623[/snapback]

Thanks for the solution T@2 :) I had the same problem with Riddick until I read this post. I'm using a GeForce Go 7950 GTX with 174.31 Forceware driver on a Dell XPX M1710, but Riva Tuner tweaks solved the prob immediately.

Yes, the game is awesome :D

Cheers!

Posted 03/13/2008 04:24 PM   
or just install the Riddick 1.1 patch which fixes this issue.
or just install the Riddick 1.1 patch which fixes this issue.

Posted 03/14/2008 06:25 AM   
Scroll To Top