LaptopVideo2Go INF files Our server got disconnected :(
  1 / 2    
Hey all you laptop users.
You have not been forgotten, the INF train is still rolling.

While we have derailed we are still moving along. (where too we don't know yet :unsure: )

Here are the INF files that currently reside on the driver servers. The forum is completely inaccessible at this point in time.
We also do not have the drivers up for the public, at least not right now.
Send us some donations if you want the forum back up more quickly.
A link is provided in the attached file.

I cannot answer tons of questions about how to use and mod these INFs. So if hundreds of people email me, I won't be able to answer most of your questions.
For those of you that don't know I am one of the moderators at LaptopVideo2Go.

If anybody knows of any good web hosting deals please tell us about it.

Have a a nice holiday season with these INFs and your shiny new 8 series mobile cards so you can run Crysis and UT3 nice and smooth.
Maybe I will see some of you online in Unreal Tournament 3 over the holidays while I exercise my SLI 8700M GT setup.

Just so you guys know, when I compress the files using the 7z zip compression method, the filesize is less than half a megabyte. Nvidia doesn't allow attaching .7z and .exe file extensions to this forum unfortunately.

Edit: As of December 4th Teraphy is setting up the new forum on our new server. By the end of the week we should be back up. Expect more restrictions like 1 driver download per hour, disabled forum search and so forth.
Google site search is much better than the forum search that doesn't work with 3 letter combinations like SLI.
Hey all you laptop users.

You have not been forgotten, the INF train is still rolling.

While we have derailed we are still moving along. (where too we don't know yet :unsure: )

Here are the INF files that currently reside on the driver servers. The forum is completely inaccessible at this point in time.

We also do not have the drivers up for the public, at least not right now.

Send us some donations if you want the forum back up more quickly.

A link is provided in the attached file.

I cannot answer tons of questions about how to use and mod these INFs. So if hundreds of people email me, I won't be able to answer most of your questions.

For those of you that don't know I am one of the moderators at LaptopVideo2Go.

If anybody knows of any good web hosting deals please tell us about it.

Have a a nice holiday season with these INFs and your shiny new 8 series mobile cards so you can run Crysis and UT3 nice and smooth.

Maybe I will see some of you online in Unreal Tournament 3 over the holidays while I exercise my SLI 8700M GT setup.

Just so you guys know, when I compress the files using the 7z zip compression method, the filesize is less than half a megabyte. Nvidia doesn't allow attaching .7z and .exe file extensions to this forum unfortunately.

Edit: As of December 4th Teraphy is setting up the new forum on our new server. By the end of the week we should be back up. Expect more restrictions like 1 driver download per hour, disabled forum search and so forth.

Google site search is much better than the forum search that doesn't work with 3 letter combinations like SLI.

AsRock Z77 Extreme 3 with i5-3570k
Dual EVGA GTX 760 4 GB in SLI. 32 GB System RAM
5100x2560 LCD setup that I cannot use in Surround because Nvidia won't support Display Port properly.

Posted 11/28/2007 04:12 AM   
Thank you for providing Laptop users with the INF files, and have a nice holiday season yourself :)
Thank you for providing Laptop users with the INF files, and have a nice holiday season yourself :)

Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
AMD Phenom II 955 BE
Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
HIS ATI HD 4870 512MB
4G 800Mhz DDR2 Dual Channel(2x2G) 5-5-5-18 Geil
Creative X-FI XtremeMusic
Thermaltake Toughpower 600W

Posted 11/28/2007 06:22 AM   
I know I can't pester Bill, but could anyone here tell me how to get the lastest drivers working on an Alienware D900K that's got a GeForce Go 7900 GTX 256MB?

For example, is there a specific driver version I should use for this card, do I simply overwrite the unpacked *.inf? Can you even begin the unpacking process on the official drivers with an 'unsupported' card or do you have to get them already extracted from elsewhere?

I think I know how to do it, but it's not for me so I can test it out myself.
I know I can't pester Bill, but could anyone here tell me how to get the lastest drivers working on an Alienware D900K that's got a GeForce Go 7900 GTX 256MB?

For example, is there a specific driver version I should use for this card, do I simply overwrite the unpacked *.inf? Can you even begin the unpacking process on the official drivers with an 'unsupported' card or do you have to get them already extracted from elsewhere?

I think I know how to do it, but it's not for me so I can test it out myself.

Posted 11/28/2007 08:58 AM   
to be honst.... why not just use a nice cheap n' simple web hoster like [url="http://www.servage.net/"]http://www.servage.net/[/url]

they have VERY good deals and you can chooser almost any domain name if u need one etc give it a look. ig you need any other website hoster let us know
to be honst.... why not just use a nice cheap n' simple web hoster like http://www.servage.net/

they have VERY good deals and you can chooser almost any domain name if u need one etc give it a look. ig you need any other website hoster let us know

Posted 11/28/2007 02:28 PM   
I don't know all of the numbers off hand but I am pretty sure that 3.6TB a month is not enough for hosting drivers. Or it is just barely enough for today, but not next year.

Anyway I will tell Pieter about all of these. We might be able to get back on the The Planet soon.

To Smooth: Nvidia's drivers from the official website unpack into a directory on your hard drive, usually C:/Nvidia or something like, then they run the installer.
The installer will fail on a laptop due to no hardware support, or you can just cancel it. Then replace the INF and your good to go.
You also might be able to right click and unpack the EXE directly using certain programs, but its usually not necessary.

For the newer laptop cards you want 156 or 158 series, or 169.09 if your running Crysis.
At least those are good areas to start. I haven't tested all of the 16x and 15x series myself.
I don't know all of the numbers off hand but I am pretty sure that 3.6TB a month is not enough for hosting drivers. Or it is just barely enough for today, but not next year.

Anyway I will tell Pieter about all of these. We might be able to get back on the The Planet soon.

To Smooth: Nvidia's drivers from the official website unpack into a directory on your hard drive, usually C:/Nvidia or something like, then they run the installer.

The installer will fail on a laptop due to no hardware support, or you can just cancel it. Then replace the INF and your good to go.

You also might be able to right click and unpack the EXE directly using certain programs, but its usually not necessary.

For the newer laptop cards you want 156 or 158 series, or 169.09 if your running Crysis.

At least those are good areas to start. I haven't tested all of the 16x and 15x series myself.

5100x2560 LCD setup that I cannot use in Surround because Nvidia won't support Display Port properly.

Posted 11/28/2007 03:54 PM   
Thank you for posting these, Bill. I was getting the black model bug in COD4 with my current drivers, and when I went to your site to upgrade to a new driver, I was very disheartened to see that site was dead.

I hope you get the site back up and running soon. Since NVIDIA and the laptop manufacturers are lazy and won't support drivers for the Go series, you are the only thing keeping us laptop gamers, well, gaming.
Thank you for posting these, Bill. I was getting the black model bug in COD4 with my current drivers, and when I went to your site to upgrade to a new driver, I was very disheartened to see that site was dead.

I hope you get the site back up and running soon. Since NVIDIA and the laptop manufacturers are lazy and won't support drivers for the Go series, you are the only thing keeping us laptop gamers, well, gaming.

Posted 11/28/2007 04:53 PM   
[quote name='Bill' date='Nov 28 2007, 07:54 AM']I don't know all of the numbers off hand but I am pretty sure that 3.6TB a month is not enough for hosting drivers. Or it is just barely enough for today, but not next year.

[right][snapback]285967[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hi, again
when i use the modified ini it tryies install but then says that no changes have been made to your system. any ideas?
[quote name='Bill' date='Nov 28 2007, 07:54 AM']I don't know all of the numbers off hand but I am pretty sure that 3.6TB a month is not enough for hosting drivers. Or it is just barely enough for today, but not next year.

[snapback]285967[/snapback]

hi, again

when i use the modified ini it tryies install but then says that no changes have been made to your system. any ideas?

Posted 11/29/2007 12:36 PM   
That sux /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

Thanx for the hook up Bill /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />
That sux /thumbsdown.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsdown:' />

Thanx for the hook up Bill /thumbup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbup:' />

Posted 11/29/2007 12:41 PM   
[quote name='jackt010' date='Nov 29 2007, 01:36 PM']hi, again
[right][snapback]286388[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Same problem here. I'm currently stuck at a standard VGA driver because I decided to try something other than 169.09 which I downloaded from LaptopVideo2Go two weeks ago.

I've now tried two different drivers (169.04 and 163.75 WHQL) downloaded from Guru3D and Nvidia. With the modded inf files they appear to install fine, but after a reboot it's like nothing at all happened - I'm running on the standard VGA drivers and there's no trace of the Nvidia driver install anywhere.
[quote name='jackt010' date='Nov 29 2007, 01:36 PM']hi, again

[snapback]286388[/snapback]

Same problem here. I'm currently stuck at a standard VGA driver because I decided to try something other than 169.09 which I downloaded from LaptopVideo2Go two weeks ago.

I've now tried two different drivers (169.04 and 163.75 WHQL) downloaded from Guru3D and Nvidia. With the modded inf files they appear to install fine, but after a reboot it's like nothing at all happened - I'm running on the standard VGA drivers and there's no trace of the Nvidia driver install anywhere.

Posted 11/30/2007 02:34 AM   
I just re-did my laptop with XP64, was hoping to install 163.75. However, the XP64 inf file in this archive for 163.75, as well as *every* XP64 driver in this archive, reference files that are not in their respective distributions. This causes all kinds of errors during install, and it inevitably crashes.

I don't know what it needs and what it doesn't, so my laptop is effectively dead in the water. It's a Dell and they have no XP64 drivers for it.
I just re-did my laptop with XP64, was hoping to install 163.75. However, the XP64 inf file in this archive for 163.75, as well as *every* XP64 driver in this archive, reference files that are not in their respective distributions. This causes all kinds of errors during install, and it inevitably crashes.

I don't know what it needs and what it doesn't, so my laptop is effectively dead in the water. It's a Dell and they have no XP64 drivers for it.

Posted 11/30/2007 08:29 PM   
hi,

what inf should i use for 196.04 - for 8700m gt ?
but for .12 ?

thank you
hi,

what inf should i use for 196.04 - for 8700m gt ?

but for .12 ?

thank you

Posted 12/01/2007 12:30 AM   
My question is why are we forced to do this at all?

Why are last year's premium portable laptop video cards not receiving driver updates? Why is the last reference driver dated July 2006 that officially supports 7xxx series Go cards?

How can NVIDIA, Dell, Alienware, and the rest market laptop gaming GPUs and systems and not update the drivers needed to play the latest games on them? Playing TF2 or Bioshock, or Crysis on Dell M1710 with 84.xx on it is a joke.

Please provide a long overdue solution to this problem NVIDIA.

EDIT: and for those who immediately throw out, "so you will buy a new gaming laptop" I will preemptively respond with an "absolutely not" because failing to support a previous product does not build brand loyalty, consumer trust, or anything positive.

The most frustrating part of this for me is that I'm 100% loyal to NVIDIA and I know they can do better on this particular issue.
My question is why are we forced to do this at all?

Why are last year's premium portable laptop video cards not receiving driver updates? Why is the last reference driver dated July 2006 that officially supports 7xxx series Go cards?

How can NVIDIA, Dell, Alienware, and the rest market laptop gaming GPUs and systems and not update the drivers needed to play the latest games on them? Playing TF2 or Bioshock, or Crysis on Dell M1710 with 84.xx on it is a joke.

EDIT: and for those who immediately throw out, "so you will buy a new gaming laptop" I will preemptively respond with an "absolutely not" because failing to support a previous product does not build brand loyalty, consumer trust, or anything positive.

The most frustrating part of this for me is that I'm 100% loyal to NVIDIA and I know they can do better on this particular issue.

GeForce LAN at NVISION || August 25-27, 2008 || San Jose, CA

Posted 12/01/2007 12:39 AM   
[quote name='isdnelson' date='Nov 30 2007, 04:39 PM']My question is why are we forced to do this at all?

[right][snapback]287294[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm an M1710 owner and I am completely with you. I dished out a couple thousand dollars to be able to play any PC game I wanted, period. And now Dell nor Nvidia refuses to support this product.

I guarantee a good lawyer could draw up a civil suit against these people.

Nvidia and Dell severely need to fix their sh*t when it comes to the Go cards.
[quote name='isdnelson' date='Nov 30 2007, 04:39 PM']My question is why are we forced to do this at all?

[snapback]287294[/snapback]

I'm an M1710 owner and I am completely with you. I dished out a couple thousand dollars to be able to play any PC game I wanted, period. And now Dell nor Nvidia refuses to support this product.

I guarantee a good lawyer could draw up a civil suit against these people.

Nvidia and Dell severely need to fix their sh*t when it comes to the Go cards.

Posted 12/01/2007 07:13 PM   
Dell are some of the worst at making completely proprietary graphics cards for their laptops. (driver support for them should be hardest then)
You guys should do some research before buying Dells. I decided not to buy from Dell this time and I am not disappointed. My laptop will have upgradeable graphics cards, and does use 2 graphics cards that almost fully follow the MXM standard. (only issue I know of is the 8800M GTX cards won't work with standby on the current Cevo motherboard, which means either the new cards or my current ones don't properly follow MXM; however this won't stop my from upgrading if I want to shell out the cash)

Anyway though we have a new update from Pieter on the server status, you can read it here.
[url="http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/"]http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/[/url]

When everything goes live again I will probably remove the INFs and close the topic.
It was fun watching the INF downloads on Nvidia's forum server go through over 5 GB of bandwidth though.
Dell are some of the worst at making completely proprietary graphics cards for their laptops. (driver support for them should be hardest then)

You guys should do some research before buying Dells. I decided not to buy from Dell this time and I am not disappointed. My laptop will have upgradeable graphics cards, and does use 2 graphics cards that almost fully follow the MXM standard. (only issue I know of is the 8800M GTX cards won't work with standby on the current Cevo motherboard, which means either the new cards or my current ones don't properly follow MXM; however this won't stop my from upgrading if I want to shell out the cash)

Anyway though we have a new update from Pieter on the server status, you can read it here.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/

When everything goes live again I will probably remove the INFs and close the topic.

It was fun watching the INF downloads on Nvidia's forum server go through over 5 GB of bandwidth though.

Posted 12/02/2007 01:04 AM   
Good to hear. I send a LOT of ppl to you guys almost daily(not to mention all the love I've gotten there for my laptop).

What brand of laptop did you buy? Mind sending a link or something?
Good to hear. I send a LOT of ppl to you guys almost daily(not to mention all the love I've gotten there for my laptop).

What brand of laptop did you buy? Mind sending a link or something?

Posted 12/02/2007 04:32 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top