Help! Driver Installation Problem 2nd hardware wizard running when its not
I've had this problem for awhile now, but haven't really needed new drivers up to this point. Any time I try to install the nVidia drivers I receive a message saying that another windows hardware wizard is running and that I need to finish with it before it will install the drivers... the problem is there's no other hardware wizard running, and there's no way to override this message and continue with the installation.

I've already uninstalled my old drivers, so I know this isn't the problem. If anyone has any idea at all on how to resolve this I'd really appreciate it.
I've had this problem for awhile now, but haven't really needed new drivers up to this point. Any time I try to install the nVidia drivers I receive a message saying that another windows hardware wizard is running and that I need to finish with it before it will install the drivers... the problem is there's no other hardware wizard running, and there's no way to override this message and continue with the installation.

I've already uninstalled my old drivers, so I know this isn't the problem. If anyone has any idea at all on how to resolve this I'd really appreciate it.

Posted 11/27/2007 04:22 PM   
[quote name='Malefik' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:22 AM']I've had this problem for awhile now, but haven't really needed new drivers up to this point.  Any time I try to install the nVidia drivers I receive a message saying that another windows hardware wizard is running and that I need to finish with it before it will install the drivers... the problem is there's no other hardware wizard running, and there's no way to override this message and continue with the installation. 

I've already uninstalled my old drivers, so I know this isn't the problem.  If anyone has any idea at all on how to resolve this I'd really appreciate it.
[right][snapback]285360[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Shameless bump. I might add that this problem *only* occurs when installing nVidia drivers, and not when installing *anything* else.
[quote name='Malefik' date='Nov 27 2007, 11:22 AM']I've had this problem for awhile now, but haven't really needed new drivers up to this point.  Any time I try to install the nVidia drivers I receive a message saying that another windows hardware wizard is running and that I need to finish with it before it will install the drivers... the problem is there's no other hardware wizard running, and there's no way to override this message and continue with the installation. 

I've already uninstalled my old drivers, so I know this isn't the problem.  If anyone has any idea at all on how to resolve this I'd really appreciate it.

[snapback]285360[/snapback]

Shameless bump. I might add that this problem *only* occurs when installing nVidia drivers, and not when installing *anything* else.

Posted 11/29/2007 06:47 PM   
[quote name='Malefik' date='Nov 29 2007, 07:47 PM']Shameless bump. I might add that this problem *only* occurs when installing nVidia drivers, and not when installing *anything* else.
[right][snapback]286545[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sounds like the same problem I've got. I'd been using 169.09 driver for a while and just got a new Samsung 2232 pebble monitor so I thought I'd update everything. I installed the Samsung driver OK then tried updating to the latest beta driver but I get the message saying there are more installation wizards active. So I uninstalled the Nvidia driver but couldn't reinstall because of the message. I ended up using system restore but for some reason my monitor is now showing as a generic monitor under 'other devices' in device manager and I can't reinstall the monitor driver because no display adapter is showing in the installation software.

By the way I'm using Vista Home Premium with an Nvidia 8800GTS 340MB.

I wonder if it would be worth uninstalling the Nvidia 169.09 driver then run driversweep and try to reinstall the latest driver
[quote name='Malefik' date='Nov 29 2007, 07:47 PM']Shameless bump. I might add that this problem *only* occurs when installing nVidia drivers, and not when installing *anything* else.

[snapback]286545[/snapback]

Sounds like the same problem I've got. I'd been using 169.09 driver for a while and just got a new Samsung 2232 pebble monitor so I thought I'd update everything. I installed the Samsung driver OK then tried updating to the latest beta driver but I get the message saying there are more installation wizards active. So I uninstalled the Nvidia driver but couldn't reinstall because of the message. I ended up using system restore but for some reason my monitor is now showing as a generic monitor under 'other devices' in device manager and I can't reinstall the monitor driver because no display adapter is showing in the installation software.

By the way I'm using Vista Home Premium with an Nvidia 8800GTS 340MB.

I wonder if it would be worth uninstalling the Nvidia 169.09 driver then run driversweep and try to reinstall the latest driver

Posted 12/09/2007 01:23 PM   
Scroll To Top